alex tony 1

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I'm taking an intentional to the head rail same as below, unless I can come off one of the balls in the stack at the perfect angle and speed and without moving another ball in play, leaving him the combination, but frozen on the head rail as close as possible to the corner pocket on his side.

Billy_Jack

Its pedestrian, but what about a one-rail kick to pocket or move the ball nearest to Alex's pocket? With no threat on Tony's side, Alex might feel pretty good about shooting the combination.

I could also see Tony shooting the combination bank at the head of the stack and freezing.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Being It’s Tony,
And something simple is out of question since Larry posted it, a kick of any kind simply won’t do...

He’s gonna either shoot the 4 into the top side of the 7, clearing both balls while banking the 7 into the 9 trying to make the 9 in his pocket.... Or he’s taking the suicide route and trying to billiard the 4 in backwards off the 10 ball...

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
alex tony 1

Hard to tell from the pic... but is there enough room to bank the 4 straight across with RHE, and carom it off the. Bottom of the 8 while bringing Jojo (thanks Vapros) uptable on his side leaving him doubled up?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm assuming the 4 doesn't bank cross-corner. Otherwise if the 4 can be shot into the foot rail beyond the 9 to take out the 7, that's what I'd shoot. If not, then shoot the 4 into the top of the 7 as Jeff said. I don't see anything tricky out of the stack.

If none of those shots are on, then I'd simply kick off the head rail to pocket his 7. Tony won't do that, of course.

~Doc

youngstown

Verified Member
alex tony 1

Its pedestrian, but what about a one-rail kick to pocket or move the ball nearest to Alex's pocket? With no threat on Tony's side, Alex might feel pretty good about shooting the combination.

I could also see Tony shooting the combination bank at the head of the stack and freezing.

This is the boring shot that I would take if I’m feeling patient, which is usually when I’m playing my best.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
alex tony 1

I don’t like this. It’s not overly difficult to execute but there’s little gain here. Next time at the table we’d likely be in bigger trouble.

I kind of agree which is why I like my second option much better if that 4 has room.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I am shooting this rail first to take out the 9 and either the cue ball is going behind the stack or the cue ball is going forward and laying on the foot rail.
I can't see the angle, but I dont see this as being difficult to execute.
I am hoping to get both balls working to my side of table.

Attachments

• alex tony wwyd 1.jpg
    alex tony wwyd 1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
If it is there, shoot the 4 ball past the 9 into foot cushion doubling out contacting the 7 on the bottom side taking it out and sending the 4 towards his hole. The cb goes to foot rail then to sweet spot on side rail.
I did not read all the replies so if this is already posted, sorry. Whitey

I read the other posts and I see Doc, first came up with this shot!

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I’m jumping into the purple ball, banking it cross corner then running seven, just like Tony. Or a three rail kick on the purple ball. My shot.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Shoot the 1 into the 12 sending the 12 banking it either into the stack or towards hole, 1 ball goes 2 rails to hole. Cb stays against the stack. Whitey

I mistakenly stated the 1 ball, but the colors made it so I did not realize that it is actually the 5 as pictured above. Whitey

Last edited: