need the last two balls left, one is a hanger

youngstown

Verified Member
I couldn't find a ruling on the in the bank pool rules and I tried searching but didn't have any luck. I'm sure this was posted before, and I apologize.

When you have 2 ball left on the table and you need them both, but one is a hanger...can you bank one and play position to make the hanger (in the same shot), have the hanger spotted, and continue shooting like you would in one pocket? Or would your turn end, and the incoming player gets to shoot the spot shot?

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I couldn't find a ruling on the in the bank pool rules and I tried searching but didn't have any luck. I'm sure this was posted before, and I apologize.

When you have 2 ball left on the table and you need them both, but one is a hanger...can you bank one and play position to make the hanger, have the hanger spotted, and continue shooting like you would in one pocket? Or would your turn end, and the incoming player gets to shoot the spot shot?

I believe your turn is over. Maybe if you make the bank and the hanger on the same shot, you'd be able to shoot the ball on the spot.
Rod.
P.S. I'm sure the rules guys will chime in, or the bankers when they get home.

youngstown

Verified Member
I meant to bank the ball and make the hanger in the same shot, yes. I was playing banks with a one pocket player, and he attempted this and I asked him why he would do that. He thought he would get to have it spotted and continue his turn because he said that's how it is in one pocket.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I meant to bank the ball and make the hanger in the same shot, yes. I was playing banks with a one pocket player, and he attempted this and I asked him why he would do that. He thought he would get to have it spotted and continue his turn because he said that's how it is in one pocket.

Since the bank is made on the shooters turn, it's a legal shot.
If the hanger goes in I'd guess the shooter would shoot again.
Rod.
P.S. I'm not a rules guy, just guessing based on common sense.

Renegade_56

Verified Member
If the banked ball didn't go in, but the hanger did, you just shoot the ball you banked. If they both fell in your hole, congratulations, you win. If one fell in your opponents hole it's his. If one fell in your hole, and the other fell in a neutral hole, I think inning is over, ball spots up, opponents shot.

I can't imagine you could ever shoot at a ball during your inning that wasn't on the table at the beginning of it.

Just the way it makes sense to me,,,,,

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
If the banked ball didn't go in, but the hanger did, you just shoot the ball you banked. If they both fell in your hole, congratulations, you win. If one fell in your opponents hole it's his. If one fell in your hole, and the other fell in a neutral hole, I think inning is over, ball spots up, opponents shot.

I can't imagine you could ever shoot at a ball during your inning that wasn't on the table at the beginning of it.

Just the way it makes sense to me,,,,,

You are in the Bank Pool forum.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

When you have 2 ball left on the table and you need them both, but one is a hanger...can you bank one and play position to make the hanger (in the same shot), have the hanger spotted, and continue shooting like you would in one pocket? Or would your turn end, and the incoming player gets to shoot the spot shot?

Yes,you spot it and keep shooting.