Requiem for my pup

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
... Maybe we will be like Jerry the Greek, and King the Wonder Dog. I forgot which one went first, but the other went soon after.

Beard

Honestly, one of my favorite stories from your book...

Ken

cuesmith

Verified Member
Freddy,
Sorry to hear about the loss of your little buddy. I can relate to what you're going through, been there and now I have a small mixed red nose pit that's like a son to me. Danny D could tell you about my "Duke". He's grown attached to him from staying with me here. Danny calles me at least once a week and always asks how Duke is doing. He watched me teach him to say "OUT" when he needed to go out and take care of business. Everyone is amazed at how he actually speaks the word. He's very friendly and a couple of weeks ago my phone rang just as I let him out. I was on the phone for several minutes and he got bored and went next door where there's a bar/restaurant that always gives him bacon and treats when he visits so he decided to visit his friends there. By the time I realized he was gone, he'd left the bar and went on a little walk-about. I searched high and low for him and was worried that someone might have seen how friendly and smart he was and taken him home. It was one of the worse 3 hours I've had waiting for him to return, hoping that he would be able to. I had sort of taken him for granted but while I waited for him to return I realized how much of a loss it would be to me if he didn't! I was lucky that he came back no worse for the wear. Probably having planted his seeds in some dog in heat around the neighborhood. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that your grief is understandable and I hope you can get over it soon.
Take care,
Sherm

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
fred bentivegna said:
...of all the sympathetic posts everyone was nice enough to send to me, most accurately describes my feelings of the moment. Except for me waiting 15 years to get another dog. I dont have that much time, so I will get another soon. Maybe we will be like Jerry the Greek, and King the Wonder Dog. I forgot which one went first, but the other went soon after.

Beard

This has been a very thought provoking thread for me.
In the not too distant future either Scruffy or myself will be going through this.
This thread has gotten me to thinking about getting another pup now.
I'm not sure I have the stamina for the exercise that's necessary to properly train a new dog.
I'm sure I won't have it in a few years.:confused:
Fred, Again my regrets for your situation.
Rod.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Got another one!

Got another one!

After much searching I found another Doxie, short hair. black and tan. He has already won over everyones heart. 10 weeks old, he already thinks he is king of the house (which he soon will be). Found him at a Rescue Shelter. He still cost $400 for the donation. He is adorable and I am so glad I made the move. He knows he has big shoes to fill.

Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fred bentivegna said:
After much searching I found another Doxie, short hair. black and tan. He has already won over everyones heart. 10 weeks old, he already thinks he is king of the house (which he soon will be). Found him at a Rescue Shelter. He still cost $400 for the donation. He is adorable and I am so glad I made the move. He knows he has big shoes to fill.

Beard
CONGRATULAIONS ON YOUR NEW BABY:)

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

I'm a dog lover too, so I'm very sorry for your loss. Congrats on getting your new best friend from the rescue shelter!!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
New name

New name

mr3cushion said:
Fred; glad to see you were able to replace Little Pup, at least in spirit.
So, what's the "handle" for the new entry, people need to know?

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://www.mr3cushion.com

I named him, "Kaiser Boy." Doxie's always have a German name. Little Pups actual name was Fritz. The Doxie before him was Max.

Beard

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Freddy, sorry about your loss. I have a 2 year old Shih-tzu that follows me around the house all day long. She just needs to be wherever I'm at. When I'm on the computer she lays under my chair. Once in a while she stands up on the side of the chair and makes sounds because she wants me to pick her up and put her on my shoulder for a little nap.

After reading this thread I just had to reach down and pick her up and hold her for a bit with a tear in my eye.

They say one of the best ways to see who loves you more between your wife and your dog is to lock both of them in the trunk of your car for a couple of hours and when you open the trunk see which one is happy to see you.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Frank Almanza said:
Freddy, sorry about your loss. I have a 2 year old Shih-tzu that follows me around the house all day long. She just needs to be wherever I'm at. When I'm on the computer she lays under my chair. Once in a while she stands up on the side of the chair and makes sounds because she wants me to pick her up and put her on my shoulder for a little nap.

After reading this thread I just had to reach down and pick her up and hold her for a bit with a tear in my eye.

They say one of the best ways to see who loves you more between your wife and your dog is to lock both of them in the trunk of your car for a couple of hours and when you open the trunk see which one is happy to see you.

Frank,

Heard a little different take on your trunk joke..."Stay out all night drinking and carousing, and see which one is glad to see you when you get home"..:p

Put that to the test many times...It was always the mutt..:cool:

PS..Fred, a new pup can start the healing process a little faster...good on you..:)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Frank Almanza said:

I like that Frank. Lock them booyh in the car. And let the dog out and keep the women in the trunk.

In the carnivale. They call that win a chunck for the trunk.

THe hardest lession in life is when you get too attachet to some one or a pet.

And then you have to let go and say goodby. My friend its hard too die.

But you treated that dog better Freddy then you treated yourself. And thats why you were his master and friend.

Youre loyaltie and careing always showed. Even if nobody ever told you that.

Youre love for each other always showed. BUt as sad as it is. Thier are no garenties in life.

Be happy for all the momonts and time you had with each other. And the joy and happines you shared being and seeing each other.

Even on hollidays when you would give him a extra treat. Nobody could have given him more love and care then you.

And what always made it great. He was always happy too see you.

I dont think dogs can make sad faces. Or at least I could never tell.

And Belove me thier is a little pup out thier waiting for you. To bring him home and give him a name.

Thats why they say a mans best friend is a animal. And you are thier hero and role modle.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Analogy of the week

Analogy of the week

Frank Almanza said:

How true, how true. It's like when I explained why I was getting Little Pup in the first place. I told her that I wanted someone that would be glad to see me when I came home at night.

My new pup is a gas. I have already decided I would ok the wipeout of all the straight pool players on the East Coast before I would let anything bad to happen to my new pup, "Kaiser Boy."

Beard

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
How true, how true. It's like when I explained why I was getting Little Pup in the first place. I told her that I wanted someone that would be glad to see me when I came home at night.

My new pup is a gas. I have already decided I would ok the wipeout of all the straight pool players on the East Coast before I would let anything bad to happen to my new pup, "Kaiser Boy."

Beard

THe Germans will love that name. Kaiser.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Update and pics

Update and pics

Here are a few pics of my new pup. Posing with him and me is my granddaughter, Francesca. This doggie is an absolute joy. I already would allow a wipe out of the whole Middle East and Asia in order to keep my pup. By next week you can add in Europe.

Beard

Plus all straight pool players, East, Midwest, and West coast.

Attachments

• cece and kaiser.jpg
    cece and kaiser.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
  • cece kaiser 2.jpg
    cece kaiser 2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 0

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Here are a few pics of my new pup. Posing with him and me is my granddaughter, Francesca. This doggie is an absolute joy. I already would allow a wipe out of the whole Middle East and Asia in order to keep my pup. By next week you can add in Europe.

Beard

The pup looks like he fits right in. With you and your grand daoughter. Adolf sure would have liket him. And looket out for him.

And if you get one more he will always have company. And your pop and youre grand daughter are beautifull.

And you look great too for a Chicago guy.

And the holidays will be great with those two by you playing and laughing.

And it will make you feel more alive.

And dont forget too take them too the park and Zoo. Even a nice walk around the Diversy Rocks.

And I no you will cherish those momonts you spent with them..And the two off them.

Will waiue you out. You will need a nap on top off a nap.

And they will give you a lot off fun and laughs.

Injot memorial day with the pup and your family.

And make sure nobody swings with the pup.

fred bentivegna said:

Beard

Francesca is beautiful, Freddy. What happened to your nose?

Clare

P.S. new pup is adorable. Congratulations !

cuesmith

Verified Member
Clare said:
Francesca is beautiful, Freddy. What happened to your nose?

Clare

P.S. new pup is adorable. Congratulations !

He stood up when he shoulda shut up! HAHA Just kidding Freddie, couldn't resist!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
a Bump. a thanks, and an update

a Bump. a thanks, and an update

For all those who were sympathetic to the loss of my best pal, my dog, Little Pup, I just wanted to let you all know that from doggie heaven he steered me to his successor, Kaiser Boy. Cutest dog I have ever had. Absolute joy and a total
juvenile delinquent. I was worried if I was doing the right thing getting another dog so soon. Smartest thing I ever did since I spotted up a ball playing Keith McCready so I would have something to shoot at.

I still miss my Little Pup badly, every day. He is on my screen saver, but Kaiser Boy is such a joy that he has helped me to move forward.

I rate my dogs according to how many countries I would blow up in order to protect him. Kaiser Boy is now well ahead of most of the Middle East, and a big portion of India and China. Little Pup ended up ahead of Solar Systems.

Beard

If ya aint gotta dog yet, go ahead and git one!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

to have a "pride and joy" helps make life liveable