The Official DCC 2011 Match Ups, Challenges, Barking, & Prop Bets Thread

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yet another west coast pool hustler wanting to rob the poor, old, over-the-hill Ghost...:(
Life is good.:D There once was a time when you had to go on the road to get a game, now the road is coming to you.:cool:

Billy I.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Dudley said:
Don't really know who I'm woofing at but for all who are going I am making my first appearance at the derby.

I can't wait... :cool:

Shoot me a pm or post in this thread if you are looking to play some one pocket with a fellow member. :D

Dudley
(any weight offered by specters would be cautiously accepted)

After I give the Ghost his "Walking Stick", he will have $50 to play strangers with.

Go get em.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yet another west coast pool hustler wanting to rob the poor, old, over-the-hill Ghost...:(

I can't remember the last time the term "hustler" was used to describe me--
Maybe never.

I would be very suprised if I could come out ahead if we played.

The only thing I have going for me is that I like to shoot my way out of death traps... and I'm pretty lucky too. (so I hear)

Dudley

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Dudley said:
I can't remember the last time the term "hustler" was used to describe me--
Maybe never.

I would be very suprised if I could come out ahead if we played.

The only thing I have going for me is that I like to shoot my way out of death traps... and I'm pretty lucky too. (so I hear)

Dudley

Just funnin' with you Simon...sure, we can play...then you'll be #27...:) >>>

One Pocket Ghost said:
I don't have a 'beat list'...but what I do have is what I'm pretty sure is the biggest 'Members Met And Played/Gambled With' list of anybody on the site...:)...I just counted them up and unless I forgot somebody, over the past 6 years or so, I've met for the first time and played, 26 members of onepocket.org...:eek:...pretty amazing, I didn't realize it was that many until I counted them up...

1. Steve Booth
2. J.D. Dolan
3. BackPocketNineBall
4. Suki
5. kindlyolduncledave
6. DWS
7. berniep
8. jayhelfert
9. jrhendy
10. yobagua
11. jazznpool
12. gbru
13. Weatherman
14. s-trolle
15. Roy Steffensen
16. millertime
17. mobilemike
18. themilkman
19. thecoats
20. levartze
21. karelin
22. dmyroncox
23. timdog24
24. twister
25. Wayne
26. Voodoo

- Ghost

PS, Are you going to be flying in with Bob B. (levartze)?

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Just funnin' with you Simon...sure, we can play...then you'll be #27...:) >>>

PS, Are you going to be flying in with Bob B. (levartze)?

of course you were, a good hustler wouldn't scare off an easy game. :p

I know Bob's coming along with a couple others.

I'll be there for the long haul... 21st to 30th.

Dudley

You'll be # 1 on my list....(I'll wait to see the outcome before I decide what kind of list it is...;) )

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Dudley said:
I know Bob's coming along with a couple others.

I'll be there for the long haul... 21st to 30th.

Dudley

You'll be # 1 on my list....(I'll wait to see the outcome before I decide what kind of list it is...;) )

You told me before that you and Bob have played a lot...do you guys play even with each other or what?

- Ghost

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
You told me before that you and Bob have played a lot...do you guys play even with each other or what?

- Ghost

Yup,

we play cheap, even and often.... Have been doing so since the start of my one pocket career. (3 years or so...)

Dudley

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
There's nothing like throwing out a good barking-insult to wake yourself up...

There's nothing like throwing out a good barking-insult to wake yourself up...

For those of you, DeeMan, etc. who I've seen posting over the last several weeks that you'll be buying or supplying Papie with some Yukon Jack at the DCC, let me show you what you should be buying him instead..:)...

Once Papie encounters the Ghost at the DCC, and after he tangles with the Ghost, he won't be drinking YK anymore - this is what he'll be drinking >>>

:D :p Ghro$ty :D :p

Attachments

• cold_duck_2a.jpg
    cold_duck_2a.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
For those of you, DeeMan, etc. who I've seen posting over the last several weeks that you'll be buying or supplying Papie with some Yukon Jack at the DCC, let me show you what you should be buying him instead...

Once Papie encounters the Ghost at the DCC, and after he tangles with the Ghost, he won't be drinking YK anymore - this is what he'll be drinking >>>

Ghro$ty :p

GHRO$TY, (good to see you finally got your sig right)

I once had a wife, who was not into gambling at all...If she got wind of me losing $5, she would rail at me and say..."Don't you realize, that is 3 loaves of bread, and 2 half gallons of milk" ? (old day prices)

Let me assume you are operating your fledgeling tee shirt business, on at least a 100% profit margin...I would like to remind you, (and your nice lady friend partner too)
...that you have commited to enough gambling $$$ at the DCC, to result in the potentail loss, of the proceeds from the sale of about 150 to 200 Tee shirts. An awful lot of your (and her) hard work could go down the drain there...jes' sayin'..:eek:

I know that a "seasoned gambler" [sic] like you...will not let that enter your mind, as you are stroking a 'crucial shot'...And I certainly hope no one in my entourage, would be callous enough to remind you of same... (sorry, cannot be responsible for RA's subtle comments)..;)

The Duckinator <---wants your feeble mind free of distractions,...and excuses !!!..:p

PS..Forgot to mention, RA seems to have recently fallen off the wagon, and has enlisted his buddy, Jim Mataya, to also root for me...:eek:

View attachment 2185

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I know this pic is not exactly on topic, and should probably be posted in the - "A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words" thread...but it's such a fun pic, that I thought I'd put it over here in the main forum...:)...

It's a pic taken 9 nights ago, of Papie and John H. partying on New Years Eve...and since many of you, (and particularly for the ladies - Clare, Fanny, sunny, Jam) don't know how much fun Papie and John are to party with, and what wild and crazy guys they are - this pic will show you...:D :eek: :eek: :D

- Ghosty

PS, Obviously, as you can see, that's John on the left, Papie on the right.

Attachments

• old guys.jpg
    old guys.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
I know this pic is not exactly on topic, and should probably be posted in the - "A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words" thread...but it's such a fun pic, that I thought I'd put it over here in the main forum...:)...

It's a pic taken 9 nights ago, of Papie and John H. partying on New Years Eve...and since many of you, (and particularly for the ladies - Clare, Fanny, sunny, Jam) don't know how much fun Papie and John are to party with, and what wild and crazy guys they are - this pic will show you...:D :eek: :eek: :D

- Ghosty

PS, Obviously, as you can see, that's John on the left, Papie on the right.

What makes you think they don't know? And who do you think took the picture?

We aren't all blabbermouths you know.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
What makes you think they don't know? And who do you think took the picture?

We aren't all blabbermouths you know.

I know who took the picture - because he sent it to me...

It was R. Allen that took it...:eek:...:D

One Pocket Ghost said:
I know who took the picture - because he sent it to me...

It was R. Allen that took it...:eek:...:D

Got that wrong, AGAIN, Ghosty. Sunny took it. The four us (me, Sunny, Fanatic, and Jam) were there partying with John and Dick. That's all I'm going to say.

Comraderie is my life,
Clare

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Clare said:
Got that wrong, AGAIN, Ghosty. Sunny took it. The four us (me, Sunny, Fanatic, and Jam) were there partying with John and Dick. That's all I'm going to say.

Comraderie is my life,
Clare

Ok Clare, you got me, I admit it, I lied...I know it was really sunny that took the pic...and now I'm gonna fess up and tell the truth..:eek:...

Greg/CaliRed helped me to hack into your computer and e-mail account :eek: and that's where I got the picture...

Don't worry though Clare, we won't post up or say anything about all of those other interesting pics that we saw in your picture files...:eek: ;) :D

Honesty is my life,
Fantasma

bozman445

Verified Member
Incardona vs Stroud at DCC

Incardona vs Stroud at DCC

I am a serial lurker, but I just heard from my Tx friends that Bill Incardona would luv to play Bill Stroud some one pocket at derby city for serious $. Hard to believe since Incardona has been reported to be running fives and sixes and Stroud says he has been running eights and tens?? I just had to finally make a contribution to the site. Game on Mr Stroud?

Bozman

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
bozman445 said:
I am a serial lurker, but I just heard from my Tx friends that Bill Incardona would luv to play Bill Stroud some one pocket at derby city for serious $. Hard to believe since Incardona has been reported to be running fives and sixes and Stroud says he has been running eights and tens?? I just had to finally make a contribution to the site. Game on Mr Stroud?

Bozman

Bozman.....Welcome to non-lurker status...and let me say...

I like your first post...:)

- Ghost

bozman445

Verified Member
Did I hear right?

Did I hear right?

One more bump. I am finally really interested in something enough to come out of the darkness with a post.

Are the rumors true mr Incardona? Are you really willing to play mr Stroud even one pocket???!!

Bozman

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
bozman445 said:
One more bump. I am finally really interested in something enough to come out of the darkness with a post.

Are the rumors true mr Incardona? Are you really willing to play mr Stroud even one pocket???!!

Bozman
I will be at the DCC and as everyone knows that knows me, I like to play pool especially one pocket. For years I have been playing the worlds best players and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, i'm entering the stretch turn in life and still competing. Your question to me is would I play B. Stroud some even one pocket, yes I would love to play someone my age some even one pocket and it doesn't have to be for big money, not that i'm opposed to that, lets say I would love to play just to play.

I really respect players up in age like JH,SJD,AB,BH,GM,the late Wade Crane,Beard, it's players like those guys that keeps the flame burning and the desire to compete alive, and that's part of what makes them tick.I have an appreciation for all the older players who are real lifers, if you will, because I traveled the same roads as they have and I know how rocky the road can get, but in spite of that their still here ticking.:cool:

Lets make this the best Derby yet.

Dr. Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
I will be at the DCC and as everyone knows that knows me, I like to play pool especially one pocket. For years I have been playing the worlds best players and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, i'm entering the stretch turn in life and still competing. Your question to me is would I play B. Stroud some even one pocket, yes I would love to play someone my age some even one pocket and it doesn't have to be for big money, not that i'm opposed to that, lets say I would love to play just to play.

I really respect players up in age like JH,SJD,AB,BH,GM,the late Wade Crane,Beard, it's players like those guys that keeps the flame burning and the desire to compete alive, and that's part of what makes them tick.I have an appreciation for all the older players who are real lifers, if you will, because I traveled the same roads as they have and I know how rocky the road can get, but in spite of that their still here ticking.:cool:

Lets make this the best Derby yet.

Dr. Billy I.

As I have almost been relegated to railbird status...Can I have a piece of your action ?..:cool:

The Duckinator <---Likes to bet on the "old guy's"...;)