Meeting One Pocket.org players

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I will be home in the spring, and have begged the wife to let me go and play pool during my hiatus from the military...
During the April timeframe, I am off the whole month... where in the states would be the best road trip for me to go and meet the most members?
Is there a tournament anywhere? I know that I will miss Derby in January...
I have PM'd The Beard, and plan on going to Chicago for a weekend to meet and take lessons...
Where ever else the wind takes me, rest assured a drunk front is following closely...
I would expect at least a ball or two from most of the members, considering I will be in a weakened state after not having any libations for a year...
Thanks for the input...
Bille
:D

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
After Chicago you could come to Detroit. The first drink is on me.

If you live in Missippi and want to stay closer to home, New Orleans has many 1P players and plenty of action for players of all levels. There is a small tourny on Friday afternoon at Buffalo's. Houston is a good place play.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Drink and play?

Drink and play?

wgcp said:
I will be home in the spring, and have begged the wife to let me go and play pool during my hiatus from the military...
During the April timeframe, I am off the whole month... where in the states would be the best road trip for me to go and meet the most members?
I have PM'd The Beard, and plan on going to Chicago for a weekend to meet and take lessons...
Where ever else the wind takes me, rest assured a drunk front is following closely...
I would expect at least a ball or two from most of the members, considering I will be in a weakened state after not having any libations for a year...
Thanks for the input...
Bille

Bille, if you plan on us drinking and playing, you better pencil in more than a weekend. My recovery time aint at all what it used to be. Although I do have a Russian Steam Bath, and a real Jaccuzzi in my basement for revival purposes.

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Bille, Gabe Owen had a big 1P event at Magoos in Tulsa in February. Whether it'll be later this year, I don't know. You should be able to find SOMETHING going on in April!

Doc

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Great... sounds like the truck will fire up and move around the states for a while...
Doc, would you be up for a day trip to the big easy, or mobile?

Deeman

Verified Member
wgcp said:
Thanks for the input...
Bille

Bille:

A small group of us on here meet every few months in the South for a couple of days of one pocket. Doc has met us a couple of times and we have been in the Mississippi/South Alabama area about 4 times.

We would be honored to have you join us next time in the Spring. We will even let you help us pick the place we meet. That will be 2 or 3 months after Derby City.

Think on it....

DeeMan

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Deeman,
sounds like a plan... I could actually put ya'll up if needed... there will be a new pro cut diamond in the man cave...
B