your put your right leg in ...

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
recently, in a one-pocket chat, someone mentioned the okey-dokey shot. apparently, if i captured the gist, it’s when two balls are spotted. and the shooter -- cue ball in hand -- has an opportunity to do something swell.

(not ‘swell,’ like a bette davis, hands-on-hips sarcastic ‘swell,’ but as in a nifty shot ... way coolio! hmm ... is it b. davis or someone else i’m thinking of?)

anyway ... the chat was fast-moving, the shooter selected another option (perhaps because he was ahead?) and the conversation motored on.

i’m probably the only one here who doesn’t ‘get’ the okey-dokey shot. but i have several excuses for my ignorance! e-mail me and i shall enumerate them!

you put your right leg in,
you put your right leg out,
and you shake it all about.
you do the okey-dokey,
and you turn yourself around.
that’s what it’s all about!

the opportunity to ‘shake it all about’ is my life,

sunny

p. s. so, okay ... what is the okey-dokey shot? and how did it inspire an international dance craze?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
recently, in a one-pocket chat, someone mentioned the okey-dokey shot. apparently, if i captured the gist, it’s when two balls are spotted. and the shooter -- cue ball in hand -- has an opportunity to do something swell.

(not ‘swell,’ like a bette davis, hands-on-hips sarcastic ‘swell,’ but as in a nifty shot ... way coolio! hmm ... is it b. davis or someone else i’m thinking of?)

anyway ... the chat was fast-moving, the shooter selected another option (perhaps because he was ahead?) and the conversation motored on.

i’m probably the only one here who doesn’t ‘get’ the okey-dokey shot. but i have several excuses for my ignorance! e-mail me and i shall enumerate them!

you do the okey-dokey,

sunny

p. s. so, okay ... what is the okey-dokey shot? and how did it inspire an international dance craze?

Dr. Bill can explain it to you best...He loves it...It is a shot I would only shoot, needing both balls, against an APA 3... Very few player's (better than moi)..would have nerve enough to shoot it.. for over $20 a game..(except Dr. Bill ;))..It is a shot very "fraught with peril"..:eek:

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
A couple of weeks ago Santos played the shot against me three time and made it all three time. Two times he only needed one. Someone needs to tell him how much peril is involved with the shot.

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
S. One - is that your road name now? - When I saw that the desert duck had already made a post, I figgered he would explain to you about doing the okey-dokey, etc, with your right leg, as well as addressing the okey-dokey shot. Since you have missed him completely with that one, I will leave it alone, also. Someone will be along in a minute to clear up both. ::rolleyes:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
A couple of weeks ago Santos played the shot against me three time and made it all three time. Two times he only needed one. Someone need to tell hem how much peril is involved with the shot.

I agree Frank, I was just ribbing Billy...When I had a controlled stroke, (i.e. could still draw my ball) I played it often...You have to hit it with good speed, and you are the favorite to put both balls by your hole... Making one is probably about 40-60 against..But, putting your oppo in trouble, could be about the 70-30, or maybe 80-20,.. in your favor...(Dr. Bill, do you agree with those stats ?)..:cool:

PS..I still say, if you only need one, against a good player, (except for funsies)...there are better options..;)

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member

you do the okey-dokey,

sunny

Sounds similar to the Balling The Jack tune. The Barber already indicated that you try to make a ball with that shot instead of playing safe. The head ball on the spot is the ball that you try to force right in your pocket and the second ball banks two rails toward your pocket also and you draw cueball back uptable. Make sure the balls are straight and froze