Alex vs. Jose 2000 World One-Pocket

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fanatic said:
Or you can do what I do....press the color green that best matches the table cloth and color over it :eek: :D
XOXO
Fanny,

The advice I gave was for people using Greenshot. I just fiddled around with MSPaint for a few minutes and found a couple of things for you, if that's what you are using.

1. To "delete" a line that you have drawn and still has the small white rectangles at either end of it, just press "delete" on your keyboard.

2. To delete a line that doesn't have the white rectangles at either end of it, go to the very top of screen and put your cursor arrow over the counter-clockwise blue arrow and click on it. It will "undo last action", whatever that last action was.

I do not know how to select a line for deletion if there are 5 or 6 lines already drawn. Maybe one of the MSPaint users can help us out here.

Dennis

Fanatic

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Jose attempted to send the cueball uptable. He scratched

You gave us a trick layout :mad: Halloween is next week silly save your trickery for then :D...at least none of us played THAT shot!:D
XOXO

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fanatic said:
Cowboy Dennis said:
Jose attempted to send the cueball uptable. He scratched

You gave us a trick layout :mad: Halloween is next week silly save your trickery for then :D...at least none of us played THAT shot!:D
XOXO
Fanny,

It was no trick, he may have scratched on it but that does not make it the wrong shot. It's the shot that I would shoot from there, not being able to see anything better with the cameras view:) .

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
fred bentivegna said:
Best I can do with the diagram. I do not take instruction well. In a year or two I'll get CaliRed's instruct down.

This is the only thing that I see that will preserve Jose's position. The back ball (6) must be dealt with.

Beard

After scrutinizing this layout I like The Beards shot for exactly the reasons he mentions, but I would do one thing different. I would hit this shot with more speed, repositioning both the 4 ball to my side of the table, and the cue ball close to the head cushion. Alex would then only have a return shot on the 8 ball which he would have to hit with a semi soft speed. I would then shoot off the 8 ball and try to leave him near the head rail on my side of the table. From there he would be in trouble and I would most likely have an opportunity to develope a stronger position.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's a race to 4, Parica has the lower left-hand pocket, where the cueball is. How would you play safe from here?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it's Jose's shot.

View attachment 1461
Hopefully this came out and everyone can have a clearer perspective on my plan.

OOPS

Billy I.

Attachments

• Alex vs. Jose 2000 World One-Pocket - OnePocket.jpg
    Alex vs. Jose 2000 World One-Pocket - OnePocket.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
Hopefully this came out and everyone can have a clearer perspective on my plan.

OOPS

Billy I.
Once again.:eek:

Attachments

• Alex vs. Jose 2000 World One-Pocket - OnePocket.jpg
    Alex vs. Jose 2000 World One-Pocket - OnePocket.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
Once again.:eek:
This is more like it. You can clearly see that if the shot is executed close to my diagram, Alex would then have to play off the 8 ball. I would then play back off the 8 ball and try to reposition the cue ball near the head rail on MY SIDE OF THE TABLE.

Shooting Freddies shot with a harder speed will force Alex to fall into my trap.

What do you all think?

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Jose attempted to send the cueball uptable. He scratched.

View attachment 1468
Imo this is really not a good shot, you run the uneccessary risk of scratching and you're not moving the 6 ball. You leave Alex an easy solution with the 8 ball, and by leaving the 6 ball where it is you will have to defend against that ball on your next turn at the table.

Try to explain why you don't want to move the 6 ball, and I might buy this choice. Even then, there still isn't a clear plan to put Alex in trouble.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
Imo this is really not a good shot, you run the uneccessary risk of scratching and you're not moving the 6 ball. You leave Alex an easy solution with the 8 ball, and by leaving the 6 ball where it is you will have to defend against that ball on your next turn at the table.

Try to explain why you don't want to move the 6 ball, and I might buy this choice. Even then, there still isn't a clear plan to put Alex in trouble.

Billy I.
why not MAKE the 2 and move the 6???

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:

Billy I.
Bill,

I do want to move the 6, just not from this position. I don't think that shooting the 4 ball and caroming into the 6 is the shot for several reasons, not the least of which is the distance involved between the balls. Here's a couple of things that could go wrong.

P.S. Bill, if you want to save this pic to work on with Greenshot, put your cursor arrow on it and right-click. Choose "save picture as" and left-click on it. Then choose "save". It should now be placed in your pics file where you can open it up to Greenshot it without saving your entire computer screen:) .

Possible Mistakes.jpg

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
I can think of a few reasons not to attempt that shot, not to mention what would happen if the 4 ball hit the right tit and caromed into the center table area.

View attachment 1483

Dennis, every shot carries a degree of difficulty. It's up to us the players to determine if the shot is on, or if it may need some tweeking. I looked at this shot as being on, and that's the way I drew it up. Naturally if the angle offered suggested that I needed to hit the 2 ball thinner to get the desired result, I have the ability and feel for those types of shots to make the neccessary adjustments. It all goes back to developing a feel for as many shots as you can, so you can familiarize yourself with them if they ever show. Parica has the skills and feel for many,many differen't shots, and if this shot was available, he didn't recognize it.

Providing this shot is on, or can be executed, can you or can you not see the strategy in choosing this shot?

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
Providing this shot is on, or can be executed, can you or can you not see the strategy in choosing this shot?

Billy I.
Bill,

The post of mine that you quoted is me answering Larrys querie about trying to pocket the 4 ball in the side.

If your question is in regards to this shot from you, let me know. Are you asking if I can see the strategy in this shot? If so, then yes, I can see the strategy for a player who has the talent to see and execute this shot. I have/had neither. There are long distances between balls and a double-carom and also playing the cueball to the right side of the 6 ball. If a man can do that he's a much better player than I ever was. A person can only see a shot that he's capable of executing.

CUsersDennisPicturesAlex_vs__Jose_2000_World_One-Pocket_-_OnePocket.jpg

Here is a view of the cueball and its proximity to the rail on this shot:

CapturedPicture_6.Jpeg

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

There are long distances between balls and a double-carom and also playing the cueball to the right side of the 6 ball. If a man can do that he's a much better player than I ever was. A person can only see a shot that he's capable of executing.

View attachment 1487

I saw that, also, but I thought I might be the only one here who could not be sure of hitting the 6 where he wanted to. I feel better now. ;)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I agree with Dennis and vapros - you guys play waaay too good on the keyboard - caroming the 2 and 6 perfectly while shooting off the rail :rolleyes: two very easy ways for it to go bad: You're just a little off with your hit, and you scratch in the left corner pocket after clipping the 6 too thin -or- You're just a little off in your hit and you hit the 6 full on the face, the 6 rebounding straight back up towards the middle of the table leaving a shot for Alex....

None of the shots mentioned so far will leave Alex in an uncomfortable position - which if possible to do, is the goal....That said, what I believe I would shoot here, no one's mentioned yet...I'm taking a scratch and lagging the cueball to the optimum place on the table where I want to leave Alex - where he's doubled up on the 2 and the 8, and where he can't see enough of the 14 ball to shoot it straight ahead...from here he'll have difficulty finding a safety that won't at the very least, allow me to greatly improve my position on my next shot...I would shoot the cueball like so >>>

- Ghost

PS, I haven't joined the 'arrow club' :eek: so I've displayed the cueball path/end-up of my intentional safety on the 'old school wei table' :)

[CUETABLE]/P/?@3PRUi3kRUi1kSSo1kcmL1kahC@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
PS, I haven't joined the 'arrow club' :eek: so I've displayed the cueball path/end-up of my intentional safety on the 'old school wei table' :)

[CUETABLE]/P/?@3PRUi3kRUi1kSSo1kcmL1kahC@[/CUETABLE]

Mostly to see if I could remember how to do it:

P.S. Alex was playing so good that this(layout in post #17) was Jose's last shot until he broke for game 6:eek: .

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AUlH3BRHH3CaHs4DKVM3EVpk1FKve3GaJH4HALu3IYqV3MRBT3NYst3PRUi3kRUi1kSSo1kcmL1kahC@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

The post of mine that you quoted is me answering Larrys querie about trying to pocket the 4 ball in the side.

If your question is in regards to this shot from you, let me know. Are you asking if I can see the strategy in this shot? If so, then yes, I can see the strategy for a player who has the talent to see and execute this shot. I have/had neither. There are long distances between balls and a double-carom and also playing the cueball to the right side of the 6 ball. If a man can do that he's a much better player than I ever was. A person can only see a shot that he's capable of executing.

View attachment 1487

Here is a view of the cueball and its proximity to the rail on this shot:

View attachment 1488

Sorry everyone, I originally looked at the shot without setting it up and shooting it. It just looked like it was a natural:D , but after setting it up and shooting it I agree it's definetly not the correct shot from the position referenced.:eek: I guess I put too much credit into The Beards choice.;)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Mostly to see if I could remember how to do it:

P.S. Alex was playing so good that this(layout in post #17) was Jose's last shot until he broke for game 6:eek: .

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AUlH3BRHH3CaHs4DKVM3EVpk1FKve3GaJH4HALu3IYqV3MRBT3NYst3PRUi3kRUi1kSSo1kcmL1kahC@[/CUETABLE]

Taking a scratch doesn't help you in this situation. Alex will just softly roll off the 13 ball and put you back in the same position you took a scratch from.

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
I guess I put too much credit into The Beards choice.;)

Billy I.
Don't be blaming Freddy now. He may be responsible for Global Warming, World Hunger, Gulf Oil Spills, Tstupid Tsunamis, & bad relations between PHX & CHI, but he's not responsible for this:) .

Dennis