Saturday Afternoon One Pocket Tourny

RileysDad

Verified Member
Hey y'all,

Starting this Saturday, 16 July, the good folks at Campbell Billiards will be running a weekly one-pocket competition.

$10 entry, race to three, single elimination (I believe) starting at 4 pm.

Campbell is a reasonable room near the Pruneyard and best of all, it still plays a willing host to real gamblers like Memo, Bryce Avilla, and others

Cheers,

RD

RileysDad

Verified Member
Not much of a show!

Not much of a show!

The first of the Saturday one-pocket tournys at Campbell was pretty much a non-starter.

At 4 pm there were only about 4 people there to play.

Too bad really

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Perhaps it'll take awhile to catch on. They usually do. Many don't like a single elim. format. Try suggesting a race to 15 balls, or 2 games, dbl elim. $10 is pretty cheap. I think guys would pay at least $20 without squawking. Perhaps a 1:00 start would draw them. I wish we had a weekly event like that here in Gulfport. Everyone wants to play that silly little yellow-striped ball game... :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Doc

RileysDad

Verified Member
Just didn't work out...

Just didn't work out...

Sorry to say that the Saturday afternoon one-pocket concept just didn't work out at Campell Billiards.

On the other hand, any given Saturday afternoon, you can find three or four tables playing one-hole all afternoon.

Com'on over to Campbell and join us -- stakes aren't usually high, but memo or Leo will gamble some and Ian is ALWAYS looking for a match.

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Lol

Lol

RileysDad said:
Sorry to say that the Saturday afternoon one-pocket concept just didn't work out at Campell Billiards.

On the other hand, any given Saturday afternoon, you can find three or four tables playing one-hole all afternoon.

Com'on over to Campbell and join us -- stakes aren't usually high, but memo or Leo will gamble some and Ian is ALWAYS looking for a match.

Sorry but Memo only steals. LOL> Ian was playing Diego cheap last week in Capitola.