Get Out The Popcorn Dr. Bill

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Some people have inferred that the ribbing is getting out of hand. Matching up can be a little brutal at times. You want to get that edge before you get to the Table. As far as I know John and Ghost are still friends and have been for years. If you are a pool player and can't take a little ribbing, maybe darts is better suited. There might be some friction right now but you can bet if John and Ghost are at the same place, they will be eating ice cream together. Hell I even had ice cream with.............the beard once. ONCE! I do have to say the beard made a great bank shot in the partners game that sealed the deal for one of the wins. Back to work. I have a very strenuous job this month at the Salt Creek Campground. I'm camp host. Okay, why are the pictures coming in upside down? Three times its upside down. Look, I know I'm messed up but I do know how to use an IPAD:eek::eek:

I don't know why it is upside down. Let me give it a try...

Where is Salt Creek campground by the way? Sounds nice even not knowing where it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 0

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
More better, thanks. It is on the Peugeot Sound about twenty miles west of Port Angeles. This part of the coastline has tide pools, seals, Orcas, grey whales, mussels, clams, and later this month the Turkey Vulture migration. This part of the coast is one of the stops for the Southern migration from Alaska. The weather is just like I like it. A little brisk, partly sunny, cool at night and the waves breaking the sea wall are tranquilizing.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
John, I like your style, always have. Your a good guy to play and you make fair games, make no mistake about it, however, the 9/7 game you're asking me for is a little out of line since I broke even with The Ghost at 10/8. We played three times and we're dead even, so I guess if i'm figuring right that the same game The Ghost and I play should be the game for you and me...right? We played at the DCC and I gave you 9/8 8/7 and won easily, only because you played your worst game and you know it. If you play your best game and I play my best game I don't know what would happen but i'm willing to find out. We don't have to play for a lot of money, 3k would be a good bet if you like. See you down the road, and if you're playing some one else ..i'll be rooting for you.

For twenty dollars a game, I bet I could break even with you, too. Once I got over the fact I would be playing my idol. Johns not talking about twenty or thirty. When you drilled him at the DCC, it wasn't even close. You put John in a coma. Although I could see my money disappearing, I really respect your game that day. You like the bigger games, like John. Not every one does. And John bets his own. He gives me a sweat but he's never let me put him into a game. 9-7. You're a hall of famer and John is a club player, according to some in Chicago.

Bill, I'll be 70 years old in December and for a person 70 years old I have a good game, however, giving John 10/8 is going to be a triple tough game and John knows it. You say I shot John into a coma at the DCC :lol:lol John played so bad that I felt sorry for him(i'm not trying to be disrespectful) he knows it and will admit it. It really didn't have any thing to do with the way I played John played the worst that I ever seen him play and I challenge John to say differently.

Yes I played the Ghost 10/8 and broke even, and even though it was for only $30 a game don't you think I wanted to win? Especially since we (Ghost and me) have been challenging one another for years on the site.:frus When I played the Ghost I got a good feel for what the right game for us was because we both were able to play our game (no pressure) He showed me his game I showed him mine. We played a total of about 25 hours of one pocket which was enough for me to understand how competitive the game 10/8 actually is between him and I. I believe that John and the Ghost are an even game, and based off of that I believe that 10/8 is a fair game for John and I to play. There's probably a chance that John and I will never play again, which is up to John but 10/8 is a fair game and if he plays the same way he played last time we played he'll lose again. :sorry Just telling it like it is.

John, how did you rate your quality of play when we played at the DCC?

Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Some people have inferred that the ribbing is getting out of hand. Matching up can be a little brutal at times. You want to get that edge before you get to the Table. As far as I know John and Ghost are still friends and have been for years. If you are a pool player and can't take a little ribbing, maybe darts is better suited. There might be some friction right now but you can bet if John and Ghost are at the same place, they will be eating ice cream together. Hell I even had ice cream with.............the beard once. ONCE! I do have to say the beard made a great bank shot in the partners game that sealed the deal for one of the wins. Back to work. I have a very strenuous job this month at the Salt Creek Campground. I'm camp host. Okay, why are the pictures coming in upside down? Three times its upside down. Look, I know I'm messed up but I do know how to use an IPAD:eek::eek:

Are you trying to get back on my good side?:eek:

Beard

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill, I'll be 70 years old in December and for a person 70 years old I have a good game, however, giving John 10/8 is going to be a triple tough game and John knows it. You say I shot John into a coma at the DCC :lol:lol John played so bad that I felt sorry for him(i'm not trying to be disrespectful) he knows it and will admit it. It really didn't have any thing to do with the way I played John played the worst that I ever seen him play and I challenge John to say

Dr. Bill
My attachments are coming through upside down.
John is much older, your still a youngster like me.

You don't have to ask John, I agree I have never seen him play so bad. He even tried to let me out of my portion, but I contend that day your game forced him to play poorly. He just had no chance. You know that happens because if I can
do that, i know you can.
You have to admit when Ghost plays for thirty, that his limit, it's not yours. I play as hard for ten dollars as I do for a hundred but I still play differently. I may take a few more chances knowing I have more stroke to let out. 9-7 , 10-8 but I cannot say John would accept this game, but I'm in for my .0002 1/2%. Come on out to Hard Times in Sacramento and bring your thirty dollar game.
Plenty of cool refreshing Red Bull for your drinking pleasure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Bill, I'll be 70 years old in December and for a person 70 years old I have a good game, however, giving John 10/8 is going to be a triple tough game and John knows it. You say I shot John into a coma at the DCC :lol:lol John played so bad that I felt sorry for him(i'm not trying to be disrespectful) he knows it and will admit it. It really didn't have any thing to do with the way I played John played the worst that I ever seen him play and I challenge John to say differently.

Yes I played the Ghost 10/8 and broke even, and even though it was for only $30 a game don't you think I wanted to win? Especially since we (Ghost and me) have been challenging one another for years on the site.:frus When I played the Ghost I got a good feel for what the right game for us was because we both were able to play our game (no pressure) He showed me his game I showed him mine. We played a total of about 25 hours of one pocket which was enough for me to understand how competitive the game 10/8 actually is between him and I. I believe that John and the Ghost are an even game, and based off of that I believe that 10/8 is a fair game for John and I to play. There's probably a chance that John and I will never play again, which is up to John but 10/8 is a fair game and if he plays the same way he played last time we played he'll lose again. :sorry Just telling it like it is.

Dr. Bill

I did play poorly. We could and should have a discussion about why this happens and I believe it is because we all know just about where we stand in the pecking order of pool players.

We often hear "I always play better against better players", and that is BS. When you show me at the table you have a superior game, my game is probably going to go downhill.

We are all lamb killers, and the confidence we have when we know we are the best player, and our demeanor and composure at the table, usually shows up in our opponents play.

I believe I actually play smarter when I have the best of it.:eek:

I am not playing 10/8. I sweated your game with Ike and you are still way higher in the pecking order than me.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I did play poorly. We could and should have a discussion about why this happens and I believe it is because we all know just about where we stand in the pecking order of pool players.

We often hear "I always play better against better players", and that is BS. When you show me at the table you have a superior game, my game is probably going to go downhill.

We are all lamb killers, and the confidence we have when we know we are the best player, and our demeanor and composure at the table, usually shows up in our opponents play.

I believe I actually play smarter when I have the best of it.:eek:

I am not playing 10/8. I sweated your game with Ike and you are still way higher in the pecking order than me.

I agree with your points. Yet there are many differences in various players' mentalities and perceptions. In my own case, I've beaten better players, and I've certainly lost to worse players. But when I can relax a little is when I know that our particular game (or spot) is looking advantageous to me.

So it's not so much that I'm winning because I'm the better player, nor that I'm getting beat because the guy I'm playing is in fact a better player; but that in the latter case I've gotten into a circumstance that I'm probably not likely to win.

Doc

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Gambling

Gambling

Most players are always trying to get the best of it when matching up,if you think you got the best of it you'll play better if you get into a game one player will always play better if the other guy plays bad. When a game is out of line the guy who wins will always try and get the same game he won at, ,so a small adjustment will be made. Very seldom is a game made where both guys think it is a fair game. John ask me if I gambled a little,when it came to pool I always was looking for the best of it because if you won the other guy would always say you robbed him but play the same guy cards he would lose and tell you how lucky you were not realizing that there is a lot of skill playing cards.Gambling is playing horses or shooting dice or betting sports. The only time I would take the worst of it in pool is when I could make a score knowing the most I could lose would be 200 or 300 dollars and could win 2 or 3 thousand dollars. I would have to say John will gamble thinking the game is fair but most guys will not. I can't blame Dr.Bill for not giving a bigger spot away to John because he wants to win but he isn't going to play if he thinks he has the worst of it. Everybody always wants the best of it matching up. MHO

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Matching up

Matching up

Before I got hurt, I used to play John all the time. We played for about ten years on and off, it was a great time for the rail because were both chatty. you must be mad at your money, john would say. We started out at 10-7 and he won most of the time. He used to say to me, I know you won't shoot a safety twice in a row so your mine. Well I learned if I was going to be a better player I had to adjust my game and not try to run out every turn. Then I started winning most of the time and we adjusted to 9-7, then maybe a year later it was 8-7. The thing is, John is always looking for a game. He taught me to get a game, sometimes you have to give more than you want. Sometimes I lost doing that, but I played everyone that was around N. California, either getting a spot or giving a spot. I won a lot because I learned from John how to negotiate and how to play the game right. Now, after ten years of being injured, I can't beat a wet paper bag.
It doesn't mean I have quit playing, it means that I have the worst of almost any game I play, but I play to win, even if it takes all night long. Ill play from two in the afternoon until three in the morning, even if it means I can't walk for a few days, and like John, I always bet my own. Matching up is a skill. Giving someone
more than they need is the challenge.
I've put guys that play well or better than me in a coma because I know the game better. Baby frank and I used to play and if he didn't run out, I won the end games. Now he has learned how to,play the end game so no more Frank, I don't have the firepower anymore.

backplaying

Verified Member
You're wrong again, I would of played Ricky again he wanted more weight. Plus after I beat Ricky it wasn't a year later that I saw him again. However, you seem to make statements you know very little about, but I guess that's the way some people are.

I wish I could get back all the money I have lost playing pool in the last 10 years, my win loss record is bad, but of course you know different, right? It's good to know that you once were a professional handicapper, I can tell by some of the things you say. Any ways, Maybe you should try to gamble instead of knocking, who knows you probably will do well being a professional handicapper.

Dr. Bill

I was sitting at the smoking table at Tunica with you, Frost and a few others. I had Ricky on the phone and he told me to ask you if you wanted to play some more the same way. You said no, it was to tough and Scott spoke up and said he would play him some like 15-5, or something like that. Maybe you didn't understand it was Ricky on the phone I was talking to when I asked you. I was actually glad you said no because I liked Ricky's game with Scott much better, but he wouldn't come down to play Scott. If you look at any of my post, I had never got in the middle of someone matching up. I knew you and John knew each others game well and knew it couldn't be knocked. I was also bragging on John because I do think he's a good gambler and good for the game. Was really just ribbing you a little to get a rise. I also treat people with the same respect they treat me. Billy Kuykendall.

Last edited:

backplaying

Verified Member
to backplaying
i always thought you should keep your nose out of fights that dont concern you
just sayin

Can you show me any of these post that you refer to? Billy and John have played each other before and I'm sure they know each others game well, so how could I knock their action. I kind of thought this was a ribbing thread and should have realized Billy is off limits to anything that might seem negative. You claim you have always thought, which has to mean there was many times, I as you put it, should keep my nose out of others fights, so, just show these post? I guess you don't see the irony of you sticking your nose in this one that doesn't concern you also. Billy Kuykendall.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I would say John wins hands down, when it comes to really gambling, by the games he has offered here. John, you are the man! Billy admits to robbing you, but thinks the same game is still fair.

Well, I would think a fair game would be 9-7, based on you winning 9-8 8-7. It looks like the closest adjustment from the first game. I know a good game for John would be Ricky Peppers. You have played them both, do you agree?

Well, actually I have been before. I just know how tight you matchup. Like when you beat Ricky a set for 3000 and then wouldn't play the same game a few months later, claiming it was to tough a game. I can handicap well enough to know when someone needs the nutts to play!

Can you show me any of these post that you refer to? Billy and John have played each other before and I'm sure they know each others game well, so how could I knock their action. I kind of thought this was a ribbing thread and should have realized Billy is off limits to anything that might seem negative. You claim you have always thought, which has to mean there was many times, I as you put it, should keep my nose out of others fights, so, just show these post? I guess you don't see the irony of you sticking your nose in this one that doesn't concern you also. Billy Kuykendall.

i bolded the posts which brought on my comment. even Billy had to respond to you.
when i said" i always thought" i meant I for along time not you many times
hope this clarifies why i posted
you are right i did stick my nose where it didnt concern me
i guess i should follow my own advice.........:heh
larry landsman

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Can you show me any of these post that you refer to? Billy and John have played each other before and I'm sure they know each others game well, so how could I knock their action. (I'm not concerned about you knocking my action with John, however, what about all the other players that might read what you're saying about my gambling? I wouldn't want to match up with me if I believed your post) I kind of thought this was a ribbing thread and should have realized Billy is off limits to anything that might seem negative. (Ribbing I can take, but knocking is different) You claim you have always thought, which has to mean there was many times, I as you put it, should keep my nose out of others fights, so, just show these post? I guess you don't see the irony of you sticking your nose in this one that doesn't concern you also. Billy Kuykendall.

I can list the matches that i've played in the last 15 years and I have lost around 75% of all the matches that I have played. There once was a time when I won 75% of the matches that I played but those times are gone and will never come back, however, even back then I was never considered a player that had to have the nuts to play, I played anyone that wanted to play. I played Reid..Crane..Hall...Mataya...R. Allen...Dickson...Florence...all even 9ball and beat them all except Hall, does that make me a nut hunter because I win? I played in Det. when the action was as high as anywhere and was constantly in action, winning at a high percentage not because I played the nuts because I managed better than most. Like I said I was in action all the time, nut players don't stay in action. Nut players are guys like ..well I don't need to mention names we all know who they are, don't we?

I don't play as often anymore because i'm getting up there in age, however, I still play anyone who wants to play because I like to gamble and i'm not afraid to play anyone. I'll name the players that I played in the last 15 years.

I played Cliff Joyner a bunch of times, him winning most of the time.
I played Scott Frost maybe 5 or 6 times he's ahead about $20,000
I played Jesse Bowman a set one pocket even in 2007 for $ 5,000 and lost
I played Tony Chohan from 2007 thru 2010 about 6 times winning twice
I played Ike in Chicago twice losing both times totaling $30,000 2007-8
I played Monster John at the DCC three times lost every time total $20,000
I played Rob Melrose three times losing every time $13,000
I played Danny Smith 10/7 lost $5,000 also in Galveston losing $2500
I played R. Richeson a bunch of times and only won once getting 9/7
I played Joey Gray twice splitting out him winning in Tunica last time 10/7
I played Shane and lost $10,000 Galveston broke even in Tunica

ALL these matches happened in the last 15 years, yes I won some too but like I said not nearly as many. When I play it's no secret because I gamble fairly high and whether I win or lose people know what happened. Yes I beat your boy Ricky Peppers for $3,000 so I guess that makes me a nut hunter. And yes he wanted more weight from me after I beat him and I wouldn't give it up so we didn't play. The game was too tough as it was and I played really great to have beaten him, and like you said he wanted to play me in Tunica a year or so later and I declined, guess i'm a nut hunter because I didn't want to play the same game I beat him with at the age of 69. Every year that passes after you reach those high years is huge. I use to give 10/7 to a player that I played in 2007 a tough game, now I give him 9/8 tough game.

What really burns my ass is when I listen to people like you knock other players when they don't know the facts, and when that other player is me, it burns my ass even more. So Billy, now you know the facts, and if you've heard of me playing all these games that I had the nutz playing..i'm all ears.:mad:

Bill Incardona

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
i bolded the posts which brought on my comment. even Billy had to respond to you.
when i said" i always thought" i meant I for along time not you many times
hope this clarifies why i posted
you are right i did stick my nose where it didnt concern me
i guess i should follow my own advice.........:heh
larry landsman

Thank you!!!:heh Thank you again.;)

Billy Incardona

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I will say this.... Billy Incardona is definitely not a nut hunter and he is one of the best guys to gamble with in the country bar none. If my backers had more.. whatever... we could have won $ 50,000 off Billy. How many people can you do that off of? Plus we have played 3 times and we have never even had the slightest disagreement on anything while we were playing.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I will say this.... Billy Incardona is definitely not a nut hunter and he is one of the best guys to gamble with in the country bar none. If my backers had more.. whatever... we could have won $ 50,000 off Billy. How many people can you do that off of? Plus we have played 3 times and we have never even had the slightest disagreement on anything while we were playing.

Total agreement on all points Hacker !..I was not around Billy all that much (back in the day) He was in much more hi-$$$ action then I was !.. He had very early on, earned my respect as a gentleman gambler..I'm sure we could have made a game, but I wanted none of his 9 ball action, and I don't think he was anxious to play me 1P...Maybe we shared a mutual respect, and that could be why we never even tried to match up !...What say you, Dr. Bill ? ;)