kicking to the top of the ball

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
I vote for this ( 1pwannabe's post) to be one of them sticky things.

I'm sure it will save a lot of headaches over the years. John B.

Obviously, there is no system that ever could calculate all variables. Kicking systems just show you the path your average table will take and then you make minor adjustments based on how clean the balls are, how slippery the cloth is and how live the cushions are.

John, just spending 15 minutes with the Corner Five system will almost certainly increase most folks' success at hitting multi-rail kick shots. What it does is give you a target on the first rail to aim at. New cloth? Adjust back to allow for slide. Short ass Diamond tables? Shoot further up the cushion.

There simply is no getting around the fact that on multi-rail kicks, you need to know where to come into the first rail. Perhaps some figure that out by banking for decades on end, but most acquire a few easy systems and adapt from there.

Now, I will agree with you that one-rail kicking is largely an art and that I frankly have no time or patience to number the diamonds and subtract, largely because there's not much to do but divide the angle and fire it.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Obviously, there is no system that ever could calculate all variables. Kicking systems just show you the path your average table will take and then you make minor adjustments based on how clean the balls are, how slippery the cloth is and how live the cushions are.

John, just spending 15 minutes with the Corner Five system will almost certainly increase most folks' success at hitting multi-rail kick shots. What it does is give you a target on the first rail to aim at. New cloth? Adjust back to allow for slide. Short ass Diamond tables? Shoot further up the cushion.

There simply is no getting around the fact that on multi-rail kicks, you need to know where to come into the first rail. Perhaps some figure that out by banking for decades on end, but most acquire a few easy systems and adapt from there.

Now, I will agree with you that one-rail kicking is largely an art and that I frankly have no time or patience to number the diamonds and subtract, largely because there's not much to do but divide the angle and fire it.

Ok but there is method('s) for one rail kicks that has nothin to do with counting. It has to do with knowing how to maybe use draw on the shot to give you a better and or bigger path and for making the shot or to find the "big ball" so to make sure you get the hit. That's "methods" 101 part one:lol That's just one example IMO. John B.