Bad Breaks

schitzngigglz

Verified Member
From
Bristol, TN
I am looking for a good resource on the web to diagnose my bad 1p breaks. I mean like what happens when you hit too much of the head ball or too much of the 2nd ball. Or, what might happen if the wing ball was not frozen. Things like that.

Thanks,
Rick

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I am looking for a good resource on the web to diagnose my bad 1p breaks. I mean like what happens when you hit too much of the head ball or too much of the 2nd ball. Or, what might happen if the wing ball was not frozen. Things like that.

Thanks,
Rick

There is a lot written about the break in Winning ONe Pocket by Eddie Robbins.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Thanks,
Rick
You can practice getting the right hit on the break by racking just three balls in a triangle on the head spot. Make sure those three balls are frozen, and "racked" straight and with the head ball right on the spot. Now play the break just as you normally would. With just three balls, it is very easy to observe exactly what direction the corner ball goes towards your own pocket. If it misses to the foot rail side, then you are hitting too much of the head ball. If it misses to the long rail side, then you are not hitting enough of the head ball. If you are starting to more frequently get it close to your own hole, then rack all fifteen and see if things are going better with your break.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
You can practice getting the right hit on the break by racking just three balls in a triangle on the head spot. Make sure those three balls are frozen, and "racked" straight and with the head ball right on the spot. Now play the break just as you normally would. With just three balls, it is very easy to observe exactly what direction the corner ball goes towards your own pocket. If it misses to the foot rail side, then you are hitting too much of the head ball. If it misses to the long rail side, then you are not hitting enough of the head ball. If you are starting to more frequently get it close to your own hole, then rack all fifteen and see if things are going better with your break.

That's a great tip that I had never utilized. I use to waste so much time racking them all when I practiced the break as I first started to play op. I would spend so much time getting them perfect. I wanted them to be the same each time. This would have saved so much time.........