New Table Diagramming Tool

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
A guy over on the All-Zaniness site has made a new table layout diagramming device. It doesn't have lines & arrows yet and you need to move the balls by clicking on and dragging them. I couldn't get the BBcode thing to work so I Greenshotted my layout. I tried to show the back-cut spot-shot that Schmidt played in the other thread.

Here's the link to the table if anyone wants to try it.
http://www.billiardsthegame.com/btgtable/

Here's my layout attempt:

Table Layout Diagram  BilliardsTheGame.jpg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The "stripes" are now stripes. I guess there was a problem. This is still a Greenshotted layout as I can't get the "Generate Image" thing to work:confused:.

Again, the link is here: http://www.billiardsthegame.com/btgtable/

Remember, this is a work in progress so be patient. Here is the link to the All-Zaniness site where the thread is posted: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=312115

Props to "mohrt" from the All-Zaniness site for his work and inspiration.

I know the Duck will love this simpler method of posting a layout:p:D.

new wei table.jpg

tylerdurden

Verified Member
That looks very cool, and intuitive it seems. I may try it out; I like using those table pics when discussing how to hit certain banks especially. Now if only we can get Brumback back :p

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is very good to see -- about time someone came up with something!!

I think keeping it simple is a plus

Smart phone compatibility would be good, because those are turning into the "computers" that many of us use as much or more than full sized computers

Needs lines and arrows of course

Needs a simple text box tool

mohrt

Verified Member
From
Lincoln NE
mohrt here. what happens when you click "generate image" ? it should spin for several seconds while it uploads the image to the image hosting facility, then give you a block of text to cut-and-paste into the forum. what browser/version are you using?

bstroud

Verified Member
This is a great tool.

When you get to the lines and arrows part a ghost ball or 2 would be of great value.

Dotted as well as solid lines would be a great help also.

Bill S.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
mohrt here. what happens when you click "generate image" ? it should spin for several seconds while it uploads the image to the image hosting facility, then give you a block of text to cut-and-paste into the forum. what browser/version are you using?

mohrt,

I get an almost immediate message when I click on "Generate Image". The message is: "error uploading image, try again later".

The two half-round arrow things keep spinning but nothing happens. It doesn't matter much right now because I would have to "Greenshot" the image anyway to add lines or text or anything else.

I use the Windows 7 and Internet Explorer if that's what you're asking (I'm a computer moron).

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Here's the reason SJD won't shoot a spot-shot. He missed one similar to this one, back in '96 (1896) and hasn't felt good about them since.

Spot-Shot McDuck.jpg