Borana Andoni vs. Sandra (Fanatic) Stevens

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I don't know who either of them are but I would love to see some female one pocket action! I know there are some out there that have to like it / play it...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

keoneyo

Verified Member
ah, very cool! I knew there was a female player out there who enjoyed this game! :)

You obviously have never met forum reg Carla Johnson whose been around the game for a while.
When youre in LA you can always get a pocket apiece game with Korean Jenny.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
There were a handful of ladies that played pool in the different rooms I played in when I was younger but they either played 9b or 8b.

So just out of curiosity, how well do they play? (any of the 3 mentioned)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
There were a handful of ladies that played pool in the different rooms I played in when I was younger but they either played 9b or 8b.

So just out of curiosity, how well do they play? (any of the 3 mentioned)

I've seen Karen Corr, Jeanette Lee and one of the Taiwanese girls play, and they all played very well, even moved pretty well, but seemed not to be "seasoned."

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I would think Allison Fisher and the tall girl with the horn rim glasses ( name escapes me ) ah, Karen Core I think her name is, not spelled correct, would make excellent one pocket players. I'm sure that if there was a calling $$$$ for the ladies to compete at one pocket on the pro level they would develop their skills quite nicely. However, it's never been put to the test on any type of larger scale, ( no fan base ) so no reason or need for the girls to ever play the game.

The ladies obviously cannot compete on the pro level with the men in power games such as 9 & 10 ball but I believe a few of the top lady pool players could give some of the 2nd tier one holers a decent run for the money if they ever took the time to really learn the game. After all, one pocket doesn't require a power break and the defensive moves and shotmaking ability only need a good mind and a true stroke.

It would be interesting to see some of the great lady players take up the game and test their metal against the men or other pro women players for that matter.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Yea I would like to see that as well Jeff!

One of my buddies told me this morning that the widow played pretty sporty banks and one pocket when she was in Cincinnati years ago...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

One of my buddies told me this morning that the widow played pretty sporty banks and one pocket when she was in Cincinnati years ago...

Here's a link to a video I sent to Freddy several years ago. It has Lori Shampo playing in it. She's no longer with us but you can see that she hit balls well. I believe she also ended up playing One-Pocket and playing it fairly well. Quite a few guys in the Detroit area did not want to play her 9 Ball.

http://deadspin.com/1980-espn-report-about-pool-shark-is-ron-burgundyishly-1489857325

keoneyo

Verified Member

Jeannette Lee trained with Diliberto before she went to the Derby and got into all that one pocket action.
You can ask Kentucky Bill how Jenny played. She also has played Corey, Mika, Wayne, and a bunch of good players (getting spots). She got a lot of heart and can play.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Here's a link to a video I sent to Freddy several years ago. It has Lori Shampo playing in it. She's no longer with us but you can see that she hit balls well. I believe she also ended up playing One-Pocket and playing it fairly well. Quite a few guys in the Detroit area did not want to play her 9 Ball.

http://deadspin.com/1980-espn-report-about-pool-shark-is-ron-burgundyishly-1489857325

LOL, thanks for that video Dennis, that's classic!

I like the guy's power break! :)

But yea you can tell she had a good stroke and she says from gambling she was able to get a house, car, clothes...so I would say she probably played pretty well.

thanks again for sharing ~