First Annual 1P org Throw-Down

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Both cities are tough for me. Central or West and I'm in.

As is No.

For those of us on the East Coast or in the Midwest, Memphis seems central. From the West Coast, not so much. :)

On the other hand, Kansas City is as central as it gets, and I wouldn't think it any easier to get to from out West than Memphis is, and Memphis airport is 10 minutes from Southaven, KC airport is 40 minutes away from the best place to play.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convince you, Nick, just explaining my thinking while I was trying to get something rolling.

I hope you'll figure out a way to make it work for you.

Maybe in the future we should think about twice a year (if this one works pretty well) and have one in range for folks out West, and one closer for the guys in the East.

poolandpokerman

Verified Member
tourney

tourney

Both Memphis and N.O. are good with me, good chance I will make it on those dates, I will be dead money but love to play. Thanks for the work you all are doing.
Tom

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
My traveling is limited to New Orleans at this time. I'm good for September....can't commit beyond that.

I'd love the chance to get my $$ back from Newkirk. He promised to adjust the spot. Perhaps LSJohn would care to donate to my cause.

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
For those of us on the East Coast or in the Midwest, Memphis seems central. From the West Coast, not so much. :)

On the other hand, Kansas City is as central as it gets, and I wouldn't think it any easier to get to from out West than Memphis is, and Memphis airport is 10 minutes from Southaven, KC airport is 40 minutes away from the best place to play.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convince you, Nick, just explaining my thinking while I was trying to get something rolling.

I hope you'll figure out a way to make it work for you.

Maybe in the future we should think about twice a year (if this one works pretty well) and have one in range for folks out West, and one closer for the guys in the East.

Here's an idea: make it an every-year tournament and alternate East and West of the Mississippi. Looks like we'll start on the east side, as all right-thinking people would prefer.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Here's an idea: make it an every-year tournament and alternate East and West of the Mississippi. Looks like we'll start on the east side, as all right-thinking people would prefer.

In New Orleans we have a East Bank and West Bank. So that works out great:D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I've reconsidered a couple of things.

I've reconsidered a couple of things.

First, I don't think it's necessary to post entry fees before arrival. Secondly, when we vote, honor system is fine regarding "Please don't vote unless you think there's a good chance you will go if the place you prefer is chosen." (IMO, this should include "voting rights" if you think you will come only to observe/visit and may or may not play.)

Also, before we vote, I think we should confirm dates and times of day for each location. We've been unofficially informed that 12:00 noon will be available at Lacy's even though regular opening time is 4:00 PM. Southaven opens at 10:00 AM every day, so no prob there.

I don't think the proposed dates have been confirmed at either location. Doc or jtom, would you confirm Noon to Midnight for us at Lacy's on Sept 24 and 25?

Todd or Bill, can you confirm those dates at Southaven?

Jeff, can you confirm SS dates at Bogies?

We can talk about how to handle a food and drink fund after we settle on a location. (I'm in for $100 either place.)

Last edited:

troutmanmo

Verified Member
From
Houston
First, I don't think it's necessary to post entry fees before arrival. Secondly, when we vote, honor system is fine regarding "Please don't vote unless you think there's a good chance you will go if the place you prefer is chosen." (IMO, this should include "voting rights" if you think you will come only to observe/visit and may or may not play.)

Also, before we vote, I think we should confirm dates and times of day for each location. We've been unofficially informed that 12:00 noon will be available at Lacy's even though regular opening time is 4:00 PM. Southaven opens at 10:00 AM every day, so no prob there.

I don't think the proposed dates have been confirmed at either location. Doc or jtom, would you confirm Noon to Midnight for us at Lacy's on Sept 24 and 25?

Todd or Bill, can you confirm those dates at Southaven?

Jeff, can you confirm SS dates at Bogies?

We can talk about how to handle a food and drink fund after we settle on a location. (I'm in for $100 either place.)

Dates for SS tourney are Oct. 28,29, and 30th. Be there or be square!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Both cities are tough for me. Central or West and I'm in.

As is No.

I'm all for playing on the best coast. Im sure Chris will have us anytime at California Billiards. Should I bring the streaming equipment? I live near Port Townsend, Wa. Is there somewhere we could play? Have cue, will travel.

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
John, I'll have to be a maybe on both locations. I have some family health issues going on, and can't really commit to anything. In the meantime I am saving my pennies for some of that $20 action.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
John, I'll have to be a maybe on both locations. I have some family health issues going on, and can't really commit to anything. In the meantime I am saving my pennies for some of that $20 action.

If you're talking about $20 action with me, all you'll probably need is one of those pennies to flip for the first break :D

Looks like it's definitely Lacy's, and I hope you'll manage to be there. I enjoyed our time together in Houston.