I guess it's time to vote

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Lacy's, New Orleans or Southaven Rec, South Memphis for 1St Annual IP org Member tourney, Sept 24 and 25.

Double elim, 3/2. $100 entry, to be paid on arrival. First match each day will likely be Noon at Southaven, 2:00 on Sat and 1:00 on Sun at Lacy's. Players' meeting 2 hours before those times on Sat.

Please vote only if you are a Verified Member who thinks it's very likely you will participate if your choice of locations is chosen. For any who don't know, "Verified" only means that other members have met you. The other qualification is that you've been a member here at least long enough that we know you didn't join just to pick off this tournament, IOW, at least before today. :)

I'm thinking that voting should be open for about a week, so voting will close at 10:00PM Central Daylight on Sunday the 19th.

There will be a food and beverage fund to which contributions will be voluntary. After we see how much we accumulate we can decide what to do with it (probably have some area specialty food catered.) After we decide on location, we'll decide where to send those contributions for any who want to pony up ahead of time, or for any non-playing donors.

I realize that some of these terms and conditions proposed by me may not be thought best by some of you, and they are not carved in stone. However, I thought that if the bull wasn't taken by the horns we might discuss forever, will no clear result. Any of this can change, but it will take a strong and obvious majority of likely participants to make that happen.

I'm trying not to even think about which individuals have shown a preference for Memphis because I don't want to feel too guilty about runnin' out on you, but I've decided that I think Lacy's is the better choice this time, so, for the first vote:

Lacy's: 9

Southaven: 4

LSJohn -- Lacy's

Disco Dave -- Lacy's

Jeff Sparks -- Lacy's

Cincy Kid -- Memphis

Gulfport Doc -- Lacy's

jtompilot -- Lacy's

Milton777 -- Lacy's

CrabcatJohn -- Memphis

Miller -- Memphis

One Pocket Guy -- Memphis

BRLongArm -- Lacy's

Jakie -- Lacy's

Troutmanmo -- Lacy's

(BTW, I'm not taking anyone's preference stated elsewhere and moving it here as a vote. State your preference on this thread and I'll eventually add a more-or-less running total to this post.)

California Billiards (5) JR Hendy, Scrzbill, Chris, Simon, Nick B,

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The dates are very close to the Super Seniors One Pocket in Houston. Is there any way to combine the two tournaments or at least have them both in the same town at the same time. Lots of us near the age to qualify for the Super Seniors depend on our Super Seniors entitlements from the gubbermint making multiple trips to cities across the states expensive. Just sayin............................

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'm gonna push hard for next time... Maybe March.

Thanks anyway Bill.

You have Bill P... Poolpokerman... Cory in DC and maybe one other who have said they were in on the other thread. I'm curious if they are still in... If so, we should be close to 16 players which would make for a full bracket with no byes.

It would be great to get to 32 players, that would be fun...:)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
You have Bill P... Poolpokerman... Cory in DC and maybe one other who have said they were in on the other thread. I'm curious if they are still in... If so, we should be close to 16 players which would make for a full bracket with no byes.

It would be great to get to 32 players, that would be fun...:)

No doubt at all about 16. We're not gonna get near 32 to vote, but by the time the end of September rolls around, we'll pick up several more than have commented so far. (For starters, Fireman Casey and Joey A both live in N.O. and a few who said "either" haven't checked in here.)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
No doubt at all about 16. We're not gonna get near 32 to vote, but by the time the end of September rolls around, we'll pick up several more than have commented so far. (For starters, Fireman Casey and Joey A both live in N.O. and a few who said "either" haven't checked in here.)

I certainly like the idea of N.O. too but would support any location.

southavenrecreationcenter

Verified Member
From
SOUTHAVEN, MISSISSIPPI
Thanks for the consideration!

Thanks for the consideration!

I appreciate being considered for the event. I'll respectively concede the event to your presumed 1st choice, LACY'S. Maybe SRC will do better next time. Bill Rowsey. C U old folks in Houston in October:)

poolandpokerman

Verified Member
members tourny

members tourny

I am still in, just trying to figure out how to tell my lovely wife that I am going to NO and she is not invited, that is the biggest problem I have.
Tom

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I guess it's time to vote

just trying to figure out how to tell my lovely wife that I am going to NO and she is not invited, that is the biggest problem I have.

Tom

I am doing the math and trying to figure out how to get wifely approval as well. I would LOVE to get to this event. And see you maniacs!!

troutmanmo

Verified Member
From
Houston
We'll have a blast. How 'bout a partners' game? You and I against the dumbest two sumbitches we can find. :D

I'm your huckaberry...I'll play in between you two suckers and you can bet what you want. An opportunity as sweet as this only comes around once or twice in one's lifetime.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'm your huckaberry...I'll play in between you two suckers and you can bet what you want. An opportunity as sweet as this only comes around once or twice in one's lifetime.

Well, I have to admit that you come closer to bein' two dumb sumbitches than anyone else I know. :D