2008 One Pocket HOF Call for Nominations

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I nominate Tobby for the one pocket and bank pool hall of fame he played all the top players in one year. Billy CArdone Scott Ffost Gabe Cliff Jointer Shannon Doulton Jack Connie Ronnie Allen. Allen Hopkines IKe He played Efrin Parica And he spoted 90% of those players. And I dont no off any other player that played that meny different good players in one year. And I nominate Larry Schwartz to the caracter hall of fame. And all the places and players he has been with and played with. And he has a very likeable personality. And he playes a great game of pool. And he knowes how to make a game.
I also want to put Buddy HAll in the one pocket hall of fame. And I have never seen a player but more effort into winning then these two players. And the stand up under presure.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I also want to put Buddy HAll in the one pocket hall of fame. And I have never seen a player but more effort into winning then these two players. And the stand up under presure.
I almost forgot that you can set the shot up almost perfect. WEre it will all most go into your pocket every time. Their are gagues that you can learn and use to measure and judge the shoot. I have gone through a lot of learning when I tought myself. And their are almost perfect angales. And you need to learn them. So when the show up you can shot them from anywere. And the object ball can be a dimond or more from the corner pocket. And the cue ball will stop perfect because the distance behind the object ball. Will lock the cue ball to the rail. And you can learn to judge those distences withe measuring the distance with your fingers. Put that in your pip and smoke it.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I almost forgot that you can set the shot up almost perfect. WEre it will all most go into your pocket every time. Their are gagues that you can learn and use to measure and judge the shoot. I have gone through a lot of learning when I tought myself. And their are almost perfect angales. And you need to learn them. So when the show up you can shot them from anywere. And the object ball can be a dimond or more from the corner pocket. And the cue ball will stop perfect because the distance behind the object ball. Will lock the cue ball to the rail. And you can learn to judge those distences withe measuring the distance with your fingers. Put that in your pip and smoke it.
In the carnavale the use to say never smarten up a sucker. Well I guess I broke the code of honer. WEre have I herd that before?

TWO PICKS

Verified Member
I was glad to read that several of you have nominated the late Frank [Bananas} Rodriguez. In his time he was a tough player to beat. He spent a lot of time teaching shortstops like myself about the game.

jay helfert

Verified Member
One Pocket HOF

One Pocket HOF

I just checked the list of inductees in to the One Pocket HOF and I see some glaring omissions. How can Clem Metz not be included? He was only one of the greatest One Pocket players who ever lived. When I was a kid, all I heard was that Clem was the best. This was pre Ronnie and Bugs days.

Second, Fats should be in there too. There was never a more famous player than Minnesota Fats, even if we all know that wasn't his real name. Let's just say it was his stage name like every movie star from John Wayne to Steve McQueen. And Fats loved One Pocket and was an excellent player. If you put all the Hall of Famer's in a room with Fats, he would come out with the cash, EVERY TIME! That should count for something.

Allen Hopkins, Buddy, Jack Cooney and Ervolino come next IMO.

Last edited:

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Clem was mentioned by Freddy in the second or 3rd post. Is Clem still alive?

MFats hasn't been mentioned that I could see.... did you want to nominate him? He would be in the DEAD category... :rolleyes:

jay helfert said:
I just checked the list of inductees in to the One Pocket HOF and I see some glaring omissions. How can Clem Metz not be included? He was only one of the greatest One Pocket players who ever lived. When I was a kid, all I heard was that Clem was the best. This was pre Ronnie and Bugs days.

Second, Fats should be in there too. .

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
SactownTom said:
Clem was mentioned by Freddy in the second or 3rd post. Is Clem still alive?

MFats hasn't been mentioned that I could see.... did you want to nominate him? He would be in the DEAD category... :rolleyes:
Clem is still alive. In fact, Clem's mother is still alive!! She is over a hundred...

Last month's Pool & Billiard mag has a Tom Shaw article on Clem.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Steve,
Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing the article, but haven't got around to reading Oct's BD or P&B... sad isn't it... 10 hour work days and running 4 weekly tournaments and then there is that family thing... but it is funny, I do find some time to practice. LOL

NH Steve said:
Clem is still alive. In fact, Clem's mother is still alive!! She is over a hundred...

Last month's Pool & Billiard mag has a Tom Shaw article on Clem.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
It would be nice to get some of the older guys who are still alive in it,every year a few are passing away and it would be really a wonderful thing for them to have another moment. :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
I know him (and played him when he was just a kid and later) since he was
15. He's a terrific player, person and gambler but I think 50 years old should be the cutoff at least. We have nursing home candidates like Clem, SJ Dick, Buddy, and Wade Crane that still havent got in yet.

the Beard
(sorry Dick, I just couldnt help myself-- and I still need 10 to 8.)

Freddy, Thanks for throwing me in there with those guys. I don't feel I deserve the accolades however, I would prefer to wait until the year 2048. I may still be around. :eek:
Please Google my great grandfather, John Ingram Mc Morran. You'll see what I mean.

Still a kid Dick

Last edited:

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Dick Mc Morran said:
Freddy, Thanks for throwing me in there with those guys. I don't feel I deserve the accolades however, I would prefer to wait until the year 2048. I may still be around. :eek:
Please Google my great grandfather, John Ingram Mc Morran. You'll see what I mean.

Still a kid Dick

Yea, Dick but how well did he draw his ball at 113 years old? Good luck to ya my friend. I hope you break his record.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
He was too young ????

He was too young ????

hemicudas said:
Yea, Dick but how well did he draw his ball at 113 years old? Good luck to ya my friend. I hope you break his record.
Just kidding Bill, I don't know if there is any relationship or not. I just did some math and found out he is not even old enough to have been my grandfather. My Dad was born in 1900 (died at 41)John Ingram Mc Morran would only have been 11 in 1900. Scary isn't it ?

Dick

Sorry for the mini-sticky hi-jack ! Lets get back to the nominations. AB has nominated just about everybody who ever drew their ball..... Good job Artie !!

Last edited:

ct.pat

From
coconut creek,fl.
Hall Of Nomination

Hall Of Nomination

My Two Picks Are Johnny Vivas The First Johnson City Winner,and Johnny Irsh Who Every One Feared. Vivas Played Everone And Would Bet High With Anyone.he Played All The Greats And Both Men Deserve The Honor.

ct.pat

From
coconut creek,fl.
ct.pat said:
My Two Picks Are Johnny Vivas The First Johnson City Winner,and Johnny Irsh Who Every One Feared. Vivas Played Everone And Would Bet High With Anyone.he Played All The Greats And Both Men Deserve The Honor.
MY LIVING CHOICE IS ALAN HOPKINS WHO ALSO PLAYED ALL THE GAMES AND WAS A GREAT CHAMPION.

Shortstop

Verified Member
From
Chisqztown
Hall Of Fame Nominees

Hall Of Fame Nominees

Living..Clem Metz..Buddy Hall

Dead..Minn.Fats..Marvin Henderson

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
HOF ballot -- long list

HOF ballot -- long list

For our One Pocket ballot, here are the names that have come up so far:
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
Receiving multiple endorsements:
Marvin Henderson (deceased)
Eugene ‘Clem’ Metz
Buddy Hall
Johnny ‘Irish’ Lineen (deceased)
Hubert ‘Daddy Warbucks’ Cokes (deceased)
Jack Cooney
Rudolph ‘Minnesota Fats’ Wanderone (deceased)
Jose Parica
Allen Hopkins
Johnny Ervolino (deceased)
John ‘Cannonball Lefty’ Chapman (deceased)
Frank ‘Bananas’ Rodriguez (deceased)
‘Mexican Johnny’ Vasquez (deceased)
‘San Jose’ Dick Mc Morran
Also nominated:
Earl Heisler (deceased)
Cleo Vaughn (deceased)
Steve Mizerak (deceased)
Toby Flaherty
Don Decoy (deceased)
Johnny Vives (deceased)
Clyde Childress (deceased)
Louie Roberts (deceased)
Peter ‘Rabbit’ Linhardt (deceased)
Gene Skinner (deceased)
Joey Spaeth (deceased)
Larry Nevel, Shannon Daulton & Cliff Joyner are additional names that have come up, but are being held aside for seasoning.

These of course are too many names to include on a reasonable ballot, so the final list will be pared down in favor of ‘seniority’, how well they have done in previous year's voting, as well as the input of OnePocket.org members, so don’t be afraid to chip in a comment or two. Certainly let me know if there is an error of omission here!

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
onepocket said:
For our One Pocket ballot, here are the names that have come up so far:
Receiving multiple endorsements:
Marvin Henderson (deceased)
Eugene ‘Clem’ Metz
Buddy Hall
Johnny ‘Irish’ Lineen (deceased)
Hubert ‘Daddy Warbucks’ Cokes (deceased)
Jack Cooney
Rudolph ‘Minnesota Fats’ Wanderone (deceased)
Jose Parica
Allen Hopkins
Johnny Ervolino (deceased)
John ‘Cannonball Lefty’ Chapman (deceased)
Frank ‘Bananas’ Rodriguez (deceased)
‘Mexican Johnny’ Vasquez (deceased)
‘San Jose’ Dick Mc Morran
Also nominated:
Earl Heisler (deceased)
Cleo Vaughn (deceased)
Steve Mizerak (deceased)
Toby Flaherty
Don Decoy (deceased)
Johnny Vives (deceased)
Clyde Childress (deceased)
Louie Roberts (deceased)
Peter ‘Rabbit’ Linhardt (deceased)
Gene Skinner (deceased)
Joey Spaeth (deceased)
Larry Nevel, Shannon Daulton & Cliff Joyner are additional names that have come up, but are being held aside for seasoning.

These of course are too many names to include on a reasonable ballot, so the final list will be pared down in favor of ‘seniority’, how well they have done in previous year's voting, as well as the input of OnePocket.org members, so don’t be afraid to chip in a comment or two. Certainly let me know if there is an error of omission here!

How do you pick out of this list 20 players on this list desirve it. I never seen a list like this . I guess if the hall of fame would have started 20 years ago. The list wouldnt be this hard and long. This list of players is breath taking. This is a very hard Choice. I guess if Scott Frost gets voted in the hall of fame. He will be the youngest player ever. And I am sure if he keeps playing he will be in the hall of fame. This field is harder then picking a president. This is a hall of fame field all by itself. But only a few get to go. Can I get 5 to one that I pick a winner?