How Freddy changed a guys life!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
This is from my face book page, it's from His daughter Cat!
Enjoy the read.

My father has ALOT of fan mail - from all over the world. He was the Foremost Pool Scientist of America and his goal was to defy gravity -and if you watched him shoot pool, you knew he did. Players and poolbugs worship and adore him. His motto was "Bank on, Brother!" This is just one of many letters I receive daily and I thought I would share:

I had been shooting pool for 55 years...when I read your first two books, one you were kind enough to sign for my 60 something birthday...these books changed my game...now at 67 I am proud to say I am a state seniors 8 ball champion, and I have trained this years ladies seniors champion ages 70 to 74....

I have said it before and I say it again Freddy...these books not only belong in every serious pocket billiards player's library,...they belong on every high school math teachers bookshelf....I have personally taken young and old who either did not understand math or were afraid of it, and changed their world with "The Beard's" first two books and one afternoon on the table ...It is on my bucket list to live long enough to shake your hand for what you have done for me and my game, senior shooters at Waynesboro, Va. senior center,...and especially for a few kids who may not ever hustle a damn dime, but they just may turn out to be doctor's or scientists, or something they never would have been were it not for you.......

I should not have heroes at my age...but by God I do.....and you my fellow ol' fart are at the top of the list...nine in the corner to ya....Clyde the Glide...(I appreciated the CMan suggestion a while back, but really FB...in places I shoot where the piss on the bathroom floor is thicker than the head on the beer..I'd never live it down)..Bank On Brother..!!!!