one ball left.....your shot

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this wont be a sexy wwyd
but maybe some of the more experienced players would share concepts of what to do in these situations in addition to wwyd with this shot
speaking for myself
the end game is where i still have alot to learn
the cue ball is down where darren is standing
see the shiny scalp.....:D
dc3.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I will cross the ball and bank it - probably not to my pocket, because I don't think the angle is there, and I would not want to get a kiss - but at least to my neighborhood. When the last ball is near my pocket, especially with the cue ball on the same side, he has an opportunity to make a serious error.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Looking at the picture again, I don't think I would cross the ball. Instead, I would just hit it in the face, again banking into my neighborhood. I believe I could get it much closer that way.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Just rolling down and bunting the ball off the end rail leaving it on his side rail between pocket and first diamond.. cue ball will roll slightly forward leaving the balls parallel to each other...
If you choose to bank the ball down table when you cant make it you are leaving your opponent either an up and down 2 railer or 3 railer to his hole putting you on the defensive.. and possibly him winning the game

GoldCrown

Verified Member
2 rail.... top rail, side (Darrens) to my pocket. Leave cue top rail

Cory in dc

Verified Member
this wont be a sexy wwyd
but maybe some of the more experienced players would share concepts of what to do in these situations in addition to wwyd with this shot
speaking for myself
the end game is where i still have alot to learn
the cue ball is down where darren is standing
see the shiny scalp.....:D
View attachment 14147

Great idea to have an end game WWYD. This is critical, but we don't have many of them. That's probably why I'm about to make this probably-mediocre suggestion.

I would just thin the uptable ball with a little left and bring the cue ball back to about where it is now. Could leave a kick-bank return, but most people don't shoot those. And if they do, leaving a crossover return is a real risk.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Looks to me that crossing the 9 -- if hit well -- leaves no good angle for either up-and-back or 3-rail for op, and I'm more likely to hit that well than a slow-rolling cut of the 9 (I'd probably make the 9 or leave a good 2-railer. :eek: ).

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Just rolling down and bunting the ball off the end rail leaving it on his side rail between pocket and first diamond.. cue ball will roll slightly forward leaving the balls parallel to each other...
If you choose to bank the ball down table when you cant make it you are leaving your opponent either an up and down 2 railer or 3 railer to his hole putting you on the defensive.. and possibly him winning the game

I too like this KIS shot....which will seemingly put your opponent in a similar position w/o and offensive return shot.

beatle

Verified Member
one rail bank to near your scorekeeper. with cue ball lined up with it or around center of short rail.

no kiss here doing that. if you dont leave him distance you are getting it next shot.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
What I'd try to do

What I'd try to do

I like this, spin it with outside english, a lot of it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

I too like this KIS shot....which will seemingly put your opponent in a similar position w/o and offensive return shot.

thanks everyone for their shot selections'
darren chose the shot described above by rob
he seems to know his sh*t,,,:)
dc4.jpg

dc5.jpg

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
What's chips best shot now? I'd feather it with extreme 3 o'clock horizontal spin and send whitey up table, with obj. ball close to the l/side of the pocket.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
What's chips best shot now? I'd feather it with extreme 3 o'clock horizontal spin and send whitey up table, with obj. ball close to the l/side of the pocket.

I always just bank this one straight across to the other long rail. On a Gold Crown, with CB above OB, on a Diamond, below.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I can't tell if it's there from the camera angle, but if I could get to the long rail behind the OB with enough RHE, I would try to kick it in. The CB would deflect safely along the head rail and the OB might go in or at least put him on the defense by getting close. About a 1/3 full hit on the OB looks about right to send it in a good direction.

If it's not there, then just bank it across taking care not to leave a two rail bank.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I can't tell if it's there from the camera angle, but if I could get to the long rail behind the OB with enough RHE, I would try to kick it in. The CB would deflect safely along the head rail and the OB might go in or at least put him on the defense by getting close. About a 1/3 full hit on the OB looks about right to send it in a good direction.

If it's not there, then just bank it across taking care not to leave a two rail bank.

Aaron (Senor) has made that one on me more the once.

beatle

Verified Member
the kick shot is very viable here, that is why you dont want to leave him so close to the object ball with only one ball on the table. he can almost always leave you worse off than before.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Since I didn't chime in quick enough on the first WWYD, depending on how I was hitting them that day, I may just try to hold that ball and fire it in one rail for the win. If I hit it good its either going to go or rattle and stick in my jaws. If I miss it, its going to be the speed that will come back up table to the same end as where I am leaving the CB....

In the second situation I do what John does and bank it back over to my opponents side leaving it on the long rail making sure I don't sell out the 2 railer for Darren

baby huey

Verified Member
I don't want Brumback having this shot, we all know what he'd do. But I'd bank it downtable to my side without crossing it and keep my opponent nine feet from the object ball.