Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Just to let any member who is seeking a room at the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton.

Please be advised that this morning (April 5th at 5:35 AM Central Standard Time), I called the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton at telephone number 510-490-8390. I spoke with the DoubleTree Hotel's "reservations." I mentioned that I am with the California Billiards Pool Tournament group. In turn, "reservations" actively searched their computer and related that there is nothing to indicate that a lower rate is being offered by the DoubleTree Hotel at this time to the California Billiards Pool Tournament group. However, I was quoted a price of $143 plus tax to reserve a room but when I stated that I would call back later the price was lowered to $138 plus tax. At this point, I did not reserve a room.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Please be advised that this morning (April 5th at 5:35 AM Central Standard Time), I called the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton at telephone number 510-490-8390. I spoke with the DoubleTree Hotel's "reservations." I mentioned that I am with the California Billiards Pool Tournament group. In turn, "reservations" actively searched their computer and related that there is nothing to indicate that a lower rate is being offered by the DoubleTree Hotel at this time to the California Billiards Pool Tournament group. However, I was quoted a price of $143 plus tax to reserve a room but when I stated that I would call back later the price was lowered to $138 plus tax. At this point, I did not reserve a room.

Thanks for the update. That’s not a bad price but I remember Chris saying he had arranged a special rate. I guess someone needs to call Chris.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois

Update: In case anyone is interested in reserving a room at the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton. The amenities include free parking, pet-friendly, outdoor pool, shuttle, non-smoking, gym, and business center.

On April 6th, I was able to reserve a room with a king size bed for $118 a night at the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton via "Priceline." This price is inclusive of all taxes and hotel fees.

Samiel

Verified Member
This looks like it would be fun to watch, but don't think I would play. Is this a 16 player max tournament?

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Thanks J.R.

Thanks J.R.

Update: In case anyone is interested in reserving a room at the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton. The amenities include free parking, pet-friendly, outdoor pool, shuttle, non-smoking, gym, and business center.

On April 6th, I was able to reserve a room with a king size bed for $118 a night at the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton via "Priceline." This price is inclusive of all taxes and hotel fees.

Thanks for heads up John on Hilton rates. Just booked my room through priceline.com for $97 + tax. Even better than $109 rate I was waiting for.

Now I should be able to match up a little before tourney, and my wife will not have to sit for hours watching.

See you soon

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
That may be in place but I'm not sure it was ever announced. I booked a room at the GoodNight Inn so I never checked again. Someone should call?

The Goodnite is where all the hookers and dopers spend their “off’ hours. I know you’re not a doper.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
round robin

round robin

If the turn out stays small say 15 players or under, or whatever then for considerations the tourney might like to go to a round robin format where everyone plays everyone a short race, say to two. This might work vs. two and out since the tournament is from the 1st - 3rd. Who ever wins the most games total is the winner and so forth. Whitey

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If the turn out stays small say 15 players or under, or whatever then for considerations the tourney might like to go to a round robin format where everyone plays everyone a short race, say to two. This might work vs. two and out since the tournament is from the 1st - 3rd. Who ever wins the most games total is the winner and so forth. Whitey

When push comes to shove, I hope we have a full field.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Official Entry Thread for 2018 onepocket.org Member's Tourney

Ok. Got the blessing from the wife. Now I just need to make sure that my sons “cross over ceremony” from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts isn’t that weekend but I’m 80% sure it’s not. This may actually happen! Hoping to confirm within the week.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Ok. Got the blessing from the wife. Now I just need to make sure that my sons “cross over ceremony” from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts isn’t that weekend but I’m 80% sure it’s not. This may actually happen! Hoping to confirm within the week.

There will be no stopping KY from attending now! Look forward to seeing you again.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
The spreadsheet has been updated with all paid entries. Only 6 people committed so far so lets get the ball rolling!!!

Matt, Talked to Col Bille(WGCP), definitely coming to tournament.

Mitch(Mkbtank), pretty sure is committed. Hope Mitch makes it.

Wayne(Pullen), I think has committed, surely he will play.

The current paid list shows 14 paid. Add these 3 and you have 17 entrants.
Still counting on Scrzbill to enter, how can we do without him ?

With rooms across street at Double Tree Hilton $97+ tax on Priceline.com, tourney should fill up. Members could split that, very affordable and convenient to California Billiards.

Only 7 weeks away. Chicago tourney at Chris's was at 31 after one no show. This tourney should be full.

I will be there Wed to practice and match up. Don't be scared !:D

unoperro

Verified Member
Maybe repost trnmnt facts?
Entry fee?
Number of players?
Dates and location?

Yes I cant go but maybe others are wondering.;)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
wow, super jealous Mitch, way to go buddy, hope you hit em sporty out west! :)

I sure hope this thing fills up as well (I think it will)!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Maybe repost trnmnt facts?
Entry fee?
Number of players?
Dates and location?

Yes I cant go but maybe others are wondering.;)

Just in case others cannot read the first post in this thread :eek::frus:D:lol:sorry .....

This is the official thread for the sign-ups for the 3rd annual onepocket.org tournament that will take place at California Billiards June 1st-3rd.

Steve will be putting a detailed thread together with hotel information and additional details as they become available and I will update this post with that information.

The tournament did fill up fast with verified members the last 2 years but there were a couple of last minute cancellations. I would encourage anyone that would like to participate to register ASAP.

I will be keeping a spreadsheet of paid entrants and arrival times and updating it on the site every few days.

When payment is made regardless if it is via PayPal or check, I will need your full name, USERNAME and estimated arrival so the spreadsheet is accurate.

Please also let me know when you anticipate arriving in Fremont for the tournament

- Green Fees TBD.
- Payment for the $100 entry fee is as follows:
- Payment can be sent via check or PayPal:

Mathew Hilton
14860 Danville Ave W.
Rosemount, MN 55068

PayPal should be sent as Friends and Family to mathew.hilton@gmail.com

I will also be working on getting shirt sizes and style (polo or t-shirt) for each member that would like one as well. If you could include that in the notes with payment, that would save some time as well. Once I have the design ready, I will let everyone know.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Matt (mhilton777)

Attendee list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Rf_t4B/pubhtml

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Matt, Talked to Col Bille(WGCP), definitely coming to tournament.

Mitch(Mkbtank), pretty sure is committed. Hope Mitch makes it.

Wayne(Pullen), I think has committed, surely he will play.

The current paid list shows 14 paid. Add these 3 and you have 17 entrants.
Still counting on Scrzbill to enter, how can we do without him ?

With rooms across street at Double Tree Hilton $97+ tax on Priceline.com, tourney should fill up. Members could split that, very affordable and convenient to California Billiards.

Only 7 weeks away. Chicago tourney at Chris's was at 31 after one no show. This tourney should be full.

I will be there Wed to practice and match up. Don't be scared !:D

Well, I’m scared so I’ll be there Thursday