Sr. Tournment 2019 or 2020?

Jim McCary

Verified Member
I will be in Boogies in the next day or two and I will ask if they are considering putting on the tournament again

Jim Mc

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm coming. 53 in Canadian at current exchange is over 65.

There's also a graph in the states, on handicapping due to ones age.

Every ten years adds up to one more ball.

So if your in your fifties playing an old man in his 70's then it's a 10/8 game.

If ya don't believe me, ask LS John.... Youser :p

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
There's also a graph in the states, on handicapping due to ones age.

Every ten years adds up to one more ball.

So if your in your fifties playing an old man in his 70's then it's a 10/8 game.

If ya don't believe me, ask LS John.... Youser :p

Sounds fair, I like it ! :p

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
In following the last few posts whereas allowing younger players, I believe the Sr.'s has enough players as is! Correct?
I mean, its present age required format is growing in participation numbers, correct?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
RizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzoH....Oh NO not him........again. :D The Only man I ever saw overbid his own bid. Houston 2016 :cool:

Along with Tall Jeff, John Rizzo was the very strongest supporter of our Super Senior and Senior tournaments. David Richardson, the owner at the time of our first two, sold Bogies and the new owner (very new at the time) went along with John to support our Senior tournament last year. It's not entirely clear that he thinks it's good business to put as much money into it as Bogies has done in the past. ($2000 added, 3 1/2 days of free pool, and two catered meals for 30 of us.)

When talking to John I really wanted to tell him that as much as we appreciated it, they could reduce the added money and save several hundred on catering and it would be A-OK with us, but John's style is to do things first class, and the suggestion might almost feel insulting. If the decision were his we'd get everything we want and more.

But fingers crossed. We ain't dead yet!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If they are not going to have the Seniors in Houston, someone call Chris and have it at California Billiards. 62 and up. Or sixty and up

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
If they are not going to have the Seniors in Houston, someone call Chris and have it at California Billiards. 62 and up. Or sixty and up

If your over 60 and under 65, and you play in the 65 and older group, then we should get all the breaks.

Remember Scrzbill, some of us are already in our 70's and MORE. I know I'm 70 in a few weeks. San Jose sounds good to me. But NO one under 60 should be allowed, unless we get a ball or 2, like the Canadian age graph. LOL

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If your over 60 and under 65, and you play in the 65 and older group, then we should get all the breaks.

Remember Scrzbill, some of us are already in our 70's and MORE. I know I'm 70 in a few weeks. San Jose sounds good to me. But NO one under 60 should be allowed, unless we get a ball or 2, like the Canadian age graph. LOL

You’re not kidding. I waited years to play in the Super Seniors only for it to be discontinued.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
My humble opinion. I think 65 is fine. The super senior was a little tougher to gather players, but I don’t see any need to drop below 65. I only went to one of them — last years — and the fact that all of the players are genuine veterans of the game was REALLY SPECIAL. I would stay with the 65 minimum and continue building the base of senior players we have.

I also agree that if the money added needs to be adjusted or we can look for outside sponsorship — the tournament needs to work for the room owner, so make the adjustments if that makes it work.

Then getting the dates and details out there so each and every one of us can recruit new players. You know damn well if people come once they will want to come back!!

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I was sorry to hear from Jeff that both he and Rizzo are having some health problems. I hope it won't effect the tourney and of course I'm hoping they are both OK.