2015 One Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA
I put this on AZ for those there that don't know there is a here...

....., Steve Booth (NHSteve) once again produced the annual One-Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner.

There were no inductees into the One Pocket or Bank Pool Hall of Fame. Instead the dinner was a memorial tribute to our forum friend , the late Freddy "the Beard" Bentivegna. His daughter, Cat, was in attendance. We had a raffle for a cue, which had signatures of all of the Hall of Famers. Ike Runnels bought three tickets, and ended up giving the tickets away. We convinced him (not much convincing as he actually was the one who came up with the idea) that the raffle tickets should go to Cat. And, as fate should have it, Cat wins the cue off of Ike's ticket. That's the way things should go. Cat later told me some fantastic tidbits of growing up with all these back room players that we as action junkies view as legends. Great stuff.

To top it off, Steve Booth had a special surprise award: 2015 Lifetime in Action Award. And the surprise award went to none other than the founder, Greg Sullivan. Greg was caught totally off guard and was in tears. Flowing, buggery tears. Yeah... a moment to forever remember.

Congratulations Greg, my friend. Congratulations Cat. And farewell Freddy.

Freddie <~~~ the lesser

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I put this on AZ for those there that don't know there is a here...

....., Steve Booth (NHSteve) once again produced the annual One-Pocket Hall of Fame Dinner.

There were no inductees into the One Pocket or Bank Pool Hall of Fame. Instead the dinner was a memorial tribute to our forum friend , the late Freddy "the Beard" Bentivegna. His daughter, Cat, was in attendance. We had a raffle for a cue, which had signatures of all of the Hall of Famers. Ike Runnels bought three tickets, and ended up giving the tickets away. We convinced him (not much convincing as he actually was the one who came up with the idea) that the raffle tickets should go to Cat. And, as fate should have it, Cat wins the cue off of Ike's ticket. That's the way things should go. Cat later told me some fantastic tidbits of growing up with all these back room players that we as action junkies view as legends. Great stuff.

To top it off, Steve Booth had a special surprise award: 2015 Lifetime in Action Award. And the surprise award went to none other than the founder, Greg Sullivan. Greg was caught totally off guard and was in tears. Flowing, buggery tears. Yeah... a moment to forever remember.

Congratulations Greg, my friend. Congratulations Cat. And farewell Freddy.

Freddie <~~~ the lesser

Congratulations Greg. Well deserved. BTW I'm sure Cornerman meant "boogery" not "buggery".

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thanks Fred, and great to see you!

Yeah it was amazing that we were able to surprise Greg like that, but if it had not been a surprise he would not have gone along with it -- he really prefers to stay in the background. It was sweet to see how well received it was by Greg, his family, members of his staff and everyone who knows Greg -- which is everyone, of course.

Believe me, it is not my intent to be the MC going forward, but if I have to in the interim to keep things going I will. We do have a real good group of well-qualified story-tellers/speakers to bring up as guests until one of them is willing to take on the responsibilities of being MC. It did mean I took zero photos, so I am waiting for the guys that did take photos to be able to post something.

The dinner did have to be moved along at a fairly brisk pace due to the conflict with the Bank Pool semi and final matches, since the three players left in banks were all at our dinner -- Brumback, Reyes and eventual champ Shannon Daulton. The dinner started at 6 and the bank semis were at 8, so we were wrapped up by 8.

JAM

Verified Member
I wish I could see the expression on Greg's face when it was announced. It couldn't have happened to a better man than Greg. Bravo!:cool: