End Game Scenario

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's 7-7 and it's your shot. What would you do?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ATaM3BSTM4CWDL4DOLL3EEwM4FGLL3GPaM3HKDL4IALV4JQoL3KMwM4LLaL4MIoL3NUwM3OHiM2PXIU1uCUM@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
playing banks this is my shot
(p.s ive never played banks:eek: )
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ATaM3BSTM4CWDL4DOLL3EEwM4FGLL3GPaM3HKDL3IATT4JQoL3KMwM4LLaL4MIoL3NUwM3OHiM2PXIU3dATT4dbhY3dTpP2kXIU3kByO3kNlh3kbIR1kbBE1kRMh1uCUM@4ATaM3BSTM4CWDL4DOLL3EEwM4FGLL3GPaM3HKDL3IATT4JQoL3KMwM4LLaL4MIoL3NUwM3OHiM2PXIU3dATT4dbhY3dTpP2kXIU3kByO3kNlh3kbIR1kbBE1kRMh1uCUM@[/CUETABLE]

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ATaM3BSTM4CWDL4DOLL3EEwM4FGLL3GPaM3HKDL3IATT4JQoL3KMwM4LLaL4MIoL3NUwM3OHiM2PXIU3dATT4dbhY3dTpP2kXIU3kByO3kNlh3kbIR1kbBE1kRMh1uCUM@4ATaM3BSTM4CWDL4DOLL3EEwM4FGLL3GPaM3HKDL3IATT4JQoL3KMwM4LLaL4MIoL3NUwM3OHiM2PXIU3dATT4dbhY3dTpP2kXIU3kByO3kNlh3kbIR1kbBE1kRMh1uCUM@[/CUETABLE]
lll,

The next (first) time that you play banks and this shot comes up, try this shot. Cueball postion will determine if you hit it high or low but I'd be banking the ball back to my right.

RBL
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ATaM3BSTM4CWDL4DOLL3EEwM4FGLL3GPaM3HKDL3IATT4JQoL3KMwM4LLaL4MIoL3NUwM3OHiM2PXIU3dATT3dFtl2dYMd2kXIU4kATD4kbJT4kQnk3kQtC1uCUM@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i'll try your shot next time but what was lacking in my shot???
inquring minds want to learn:)

shw

Verified Member
End Game Scenario

I like a very soft one rail bank at the side, leaving the cueball near the middle of the end rail and the object ball at the side pocket. I shoot it a lot, don't think I've ever lost off it and do made it occasionally. It leaves the opponent tough and you always (almost always, i guess) get another shot.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Cowboy Dennis said:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ATaM3BSTM4CWDL4DOLL3EEwM4FGLL3GPaM3HKDL4IALV4JQoL3KMwM4LLaL4MIoL3NUwM3OHiM2PXIU1uCUM@[/CUETABLE]

I'd shoot a passing shot straight back favoring the long side of it slightly. It is makeable and you leave it touugh if you miss it.

shw

Verified Member
End Game Scenario

here's a view of the shot described here. page 1 shows shot. page 2, a normal result.

shw said:
I like a very soft one rail bank at the side, leaving the cueball near the middle of the end rail and the object ball at the side pocket. I shoot it a lot, don't think I've ever lost off it and do made it occasionally. It leaves the opponent tough and you always (almost always, i guess) get another shot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW2PWrL4UALW4UHQo4UYIL2kWrL3kATF3kALJ@1AYID4PFEj@[/CUETABLE]

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:

Fire It In straight back on the left. If you try anything eles your just giving up a good chance to win the game. If you try one of the other shots a good player will slow roll It In the jaws some where, that's If he doesn't make It on ya.Looks like the cueball Is out far enough from the rail that you should be able to make a good bridge and have a good stroke for It. IMO

One important factor I forgot Is that along time ago I learned to stun my cueball down on or close to the end rail (end by spot) (I just don't turn It loose.) That way,if I miss it alot of times It goes back down table and might leave a tough shot.
At least I gave myself a chance at winning the game. If you play safe you only have one chance,and that's a perfect safe.If you don't hit the safe perfect you just gave away your chance and left a free shot.

Last edited:

mojoe

John Brumback said:
Fire It In straight back on the left. If you try anything eles your just giving up a good chance to win the game. If you try one of the other shots a good player will slow roll It In the jaws some where, that's If he doesn't make It on ya.Looks like the cueball Is out far enough from the rail that you should be able to make a good bridge and have a good stroke for It. IMO

I've been told that I was crazy by some folks but I shoot it just as JB suggested.. Sure I don't always make it but if I try anything else, I often get the worst of it.. I saw Jason Miller do the fire shot once in a DCC match and the shot won him the match.. I am a pretty aggressive banker and like playing that way.

dinoboy1

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Il
re:endgame

re:endgame

There are several factors in what shot to shoot. As much as I respect J.B,
watching him play when I was younger, with my Dad, Freddy B. I would only recommend firing straight back to the left under certain circumstances. Even a player of his caliber, against an opponent with the same skill set, would lose the game about half the time. For any top banker, with that off angle, would be about 2 to 1 to miss, and leave things wide open for the other guy.
If you have good accuracy, and cue ball control, banking it straight back to the right with loads of center left, and of course pocket speed, you can hang it, or come close, while killing the cue ball on the middle of the bottom rail.
Your opponent will then be 9 feet away from the only ball on the table, hopefully hanging in the pocket. He will probably be forced to shoot it in and then spot it up, giving you another shot at your money! Dont forget, even the best players in the world have a hard time playing safe 9 feet away from a ball hanging in the pocket. He will either be FORCED to shoot it in, or play a difficult safety, in which many things can go wrong, especially playing safe off a ball 9 feet away!
This strategy is only recommended if you have the confidence, the accuracy,
and a sizable bet against a top banker. Of course if your J.B, you have the luxury of shooting any shot you want!
For cheap money, or if your 10 games winner, J.B's shot is the way to go, especially if you make long banks like he can! Also, congrat's to John for his recent success, he deserves it! dinoboy1

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
could someone tell me why this is a bad shot under these circumstances please?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
Larry,

That shot is so tough and the odds of leaving an easy shot are so great that you may as well bank it straight-back, to your left or right. I thought I'd bank it to my right but JB said he'd go to his left. I haven't played a really serious game of banks in so long that I'm not really sure which way I'd go. After thinking about what JB wrote I like the idea of putting a good stroke on it and going to the left, if the cueball was too close to the pocket I like the idea of banking it to my right. Hope this helps.

Dennis

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
John Brumback said:
Fire It In straight back on the left.

That's because you're John Brumback!!!! :D

I normally bank it straight back underneath me (to the right) as Cowboy suggested. My success rate making this shot, or leaving my opponent no shot when I miss is much higher for me that firing it straight back to my left. If I miss the shot to my left shot, I normally sell out a much easier bank to my opponent.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
lll said:

your hitting the OB so thin that your gonna lose the CB, it looks good on paper but this shot wont work out in real life. I like to hit the OB full and leave the rock on the foot rail and make the OB roll up table to about the 2nd diamond just off the rail.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I make it more Firing at it than shooting Blackee's shot. But when it DOESN'T go....

..... I fire it on a good day and take Blackee's shot when I lack confidence. At my LEVEL of play(Low!) I believe that to be the correct decision.

John Brumback

Verified Member
New 2 You Qs said:
That's because you're John Brumback!!!! :D

I normally bank it straight back underneath me (to the right) as Cowboy suggested. My success rate making this shot, or leaving my opponent no shot when I miss is much higher for me that firing it straight back to my left. If I miss the shot to my left shot, I normally sell out a much easier bank to my opponent.

Ok then..If you don't want to go for the win..The only other shot Is back under you. But I hate that shot with a passion.You have to know the drift of the table,sometimes the ball will kinda grab or skid,sometimes It won't,If you lag It good In the hole I'm just going to shoot It In and leave you worse than
you were before. Or If you happen to hit It bad which Is what happens alot with this shot I will have some kind of a straight back to roll on you at pocket speed. Now you have to do something really good to get out of this trap.Good luck with your next shot.LOL