chris that was my first choice
but the overhead shot shows the angle does seem right for that
heres 2 suggestions
bs2.jpg

bs3.jpg

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
are we calling this the 12 or 14 ball ?
and if so cant hit it to hard because it may go towards G. Owens' pocket and if we miss the bank we dont want that ball to pop out too far leaving Gabe an opportunity.

Attachments

• 12 ball .jpg
    12 ball .jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Two rail the 11 ball and drive the cue ball into the 14 ball.

we will have to wait for frank to answer
i drew it as i thought he meant it
the stripe by the long rail looks like the 9 to me
the stripe available to hit could be the 14
may be its the 12
i guess dennis is going to have to put the training wheel colors on all his threads:rolleyes::heh

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
are we calling this the 12 or 14 ball ?
and if so cant hit it to hard because it may go towards G. Owens' pocket and if we miss the bank we dont want that ball to pop out too far leaving Gabe an opportunity.

regardless of what number that stripe is
good point tony

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Busty has Gabe 4 balls to zip, he don't need to do anything cute. Just knock the 9 away, at such an angle, that with a little draw, you also knock the 11 away...There by putting both balls on your side...."Your shot Gabe"

Another option, would be to cut the nine, like you were trying to make it in the upper corner, and shoot just hard enough to come off the rail, and bury the cue ball in the stack...Either one should work well...If your feeling frisky, you could pop at the eleven, firm, and draw back to just below the 9... I think I like option #1 or #2 better.

Last edited:

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
Busty has 4 balls he don't need too do anything cute. Just knock the 9 away, at such an angle, that with a little draw, you also knock the 11 away...There by putting both balls on your side...."Your shot Gabe"

That is exactly what I was thinking.

bstroud

Verified Member
No rush here.

Bank the 9 to your side where it is available to bank in your pocket and stick the cue ball on the rail.

Wait to see what he does next.

Bill Stroud

SJDinPHX

Suspended
No rush here.

Bank the 9 to your side where it is available to bank in your pocket and stick the cue ball on the rail.

Wait to see what he does next.

Bill Stroud

Mr. Stroud, don't you ever read previous posts...like #11 or #12 ???..:rolleyes::p

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I like playing into that striped ball / 8 ball combo pushing the 8 ball over by my pocket. I would play with follow and run the cue ball onto the stack hiding tne 8 ball from the cue ball. keith

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Play the score

Play the score

I like playing into that striped ball / 8 ball combo pushing the 8 ball over by my pocket. I would play with follow and run the cue ball onto the stack hiding tne 8 ball from the cue ball. keith

I like this shot if I am behind four zip, but being ahead, I am playing the score and getting the balls away from his side and not loosening the stack up where Gabe might find something to get back in the game.

I like Bill or Dick's shot moving one or both balls away from his side of the table.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Providing the 14 ball isn't a makeable kiss off the 8 ball, I like knocking both balls away. Does any one agree? :)

Billy I.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Shoot the balls away???

Shoot the balls away???

I never could find guys that would shoot the balls away. :frus Everybody I ever played with would shoot the 2 railer and bury me in the stack. :rolleyes:

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I never could find guys that would shoot the balls away. :frus Everybody I ever played with would shoot the 2 railer and bury me in the stack. :rolleyes:

Beard
Decisions like this one is not as clear as black and white, there are factors that should be considered, such as pocket size, strength of opponent, and position of balls. I would be more influenced to knock balls away on tighter pocket tables with a 4 ball lead then on looser pockets. I would also choose the knock balls away option quicker playing lesser players as opposed to stronger players, reason being that balls are worth more to weaker players than they are to stronger players, so why make it easier for a weaker player, especially considering that their ways of winning are not as many as stronger players. And position of balls will always be a factor to consider. With a 4 ball lead you always have the ...knock balls up table option as an ally.

Billy I.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You have a point

You have a point

Decisions like this one is not as clear as black and white, there are factors that should be considered, such as pocket size, strength of opponent, and position of balls. I would be more influenced to knock balls away on tighter pocket tables with a 4 ball lead then on looser pockets. I would also choose the knock balls away option quicker playing lesser players as opposed to stronger players, reason being that balls are worth more to weaker players than they are to stronger players, so why make it easier for a weaker player, especially considering that their ways of winning are not as many as stronger players. And position of balls will always be a factor to consider. With a 4 ball lead you always have the ...knock balls up table option as an ally.

Billy I.

If I was playing a weaker player for big stakes, I might go for the gruesome lock it completely up style and shoot balls uptable -- just as long as he was unable to respond and put me behind the stack! With a clumped up stack like what is shown, there are many ways for even an idiot to get you behind it.

Beard