Buddt Vs Efren

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
efren broke not so good . its buddy's shot . buddys pocket is the lower left as you view the screen
what would you do??
be1.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
14 off the 15, and I'm out...:cool:

- M.O.M.N.

PS, Those two old geezers from out west better not leave me no easy carom shots like that one...:cool:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One Pocket Ghost said:

- M.O.M.N.

PS, Those two old geezers from out west better not leave me no easy carom shots like that one...:cool:
...or 8 off of the 14 :)

Attachments

• Greenshot_2010-11-23_21-42-53.jpg
    Greenshot_2010-11-23_21-42-53.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 0

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Good shot Steve.

- Ghost
Now I know for sure that you are stalling:eek: . Are you trying to get the Duck to think that you don't know what you are doing?

That result is the ONLY good thing that can happen on that shot, all the other results are bad.

Dennis

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:

- M.O.M.N.

I think we should add a little something to make it more interesting....Any eight and outs gets a $50 or $100 bonus. You up for it Carom King?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
I think we should add a little something to make it more interesting....Any eight and outs gets a $50 or $100 bonus. You up for it Carom King?

You got the wrong guy...remember, I'm the mover/trapper on my team...you and Bernie can side-bet with each other on 8-and-outs...:)

- Ghosty

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
I dont know if it lays for this, but this is what I would try to do: thin the 8 with a touch of inside and try to lay the CB behind the 5.

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0

mosconiac

Verified Member
Steve's shot was the one I saw. I wouldn't go anywhere near the cluster for fear of lossening them up.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I like the eight off the 14 but this will yield more shots.

Attachments

• shot 1.JPG
    shot 1.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 0

mosconiac

Verified Member
I prefer the 8 off the 14 so I maintain the position of the 15. If I don't make the 8, I maintain some pressure on my opponent. If I make the 8, I have at least one shot to maintain my run.

By going off the 15, you could end up here...or worse.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Bad Shot

Bad Shot

If anybody had ever shot this shot then you would know hard it is and the pitfalls of it. Do you know how tough it is to bank a single ball(8) into a certain other single ball(14) from this distance & still control the cueball? You must bank the 8 into a small target area on the 14 ball. Here are at least three things that usually go wrong when you shoot this shot from here. Not to mention what would happen if the 8 banked two rails and hit the 4 ball(pink ball I think?) Does anybody just play safe the first shot after the break?

Buddys Reply 1.jpg

Buddys Reply 2.jpg

Buddys Reply 3.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
If anybody had ever shot this shot then you would know hard it is and the pitfalls of it. Do you know how tough it is to bank a single ball(8) into a certain other single ball(14) from this distance & still control the cueball? You must bank the 8 into a small target area on the 14 ball. Here are at least three things that usually go wrong when you shoot this shot from here. Not to mention what would happen if the 8 banked two rails and hit the 4 ball(pink ball I think?) Does anybody just play safe the first shot after the break?

View attachment 1784

View attachment 1785

View attachment 1786
It looks a little risky coming of the 8 ball for 2 reasons that I can see. First it looks like there may be a kiss with this choice, and secondly what about the possibility of leaving a billiard off the pink, pocketing the 5 ball? I would play safe off the 2 ball and reposition the cue ball between the 13 ball and I believe 7 ball. You will reposition the 13 ball on your side of the table and the next time you get back to the table you should have a more workable solution.

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Does anybody just play safe the first shot after the break?

Yeah, once in a while LOL:) I'd force & spin thru the 8 ball and try to totally control the CB. I didn't post before because I thought I had to make one and run 8 and out:p
Rod.
PS, Ghosty is my hero. ;)

Attachments

• remix.jpg
    remix.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
PS, Ghosty is my hero. ;)

And Rod is my hero...;)

- Ghosty

PS, You know what Rod?, I just had a great idea...

You and I think alike/usually like the same shots - so my idea is for you to come to the DCC, and you and I be partners in a One Pocket match...the game I propose for us, is you and I against Scott Frost...:eek:...

See, the way I figure it is, we've got about 135 years of age between us...with the kind of spots that Scott gives out I figure that our combined 135 years of age should garner us a spot of about 12-5 for say, $5,000 - I like us in that game...:)...whaddayathink?

PPS, By the way...I'm also thinkin' that you wouldn't mind stakin' us in the game...:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
mosconiac said:
I prefer the 8 off the 14 so I maintain the position of the 15. If I don't make the 8, I maintain some pressure on my opponent. If I make the 8, I have at least one shot to maintain my run.

By going off the 15, you could end up here...or worse.

mosconiac since i know what happened next( not as your diagram:( )
how did you rearrange a greenshop shot:confused:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
jtompilot said:
How about 2 into the 13, freeze the Q to the 6.
tom while others tried to be offensive and some tried to get behind the 2 balls near efrens pocket
heres a question to you and billy
why did you opt for sticking efren in the stack
billy you did answer this question.
very wey well i might add:)
tom what were you thinking???
while im asking questions
dennis you pointed out some perils on some selections
"oh zen master:D " what would you shoot??