Farewell my Brother "Bank on!"

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
This was read for me by Angle Levine, at the gathering of friends and family to celebrate Freddy's life.

On this day, the 20th of June, I start the celebration of another year of my life. In contrast we are all here to celebrate Freddy’s life in passing. Freddy has been my oldest and closest friend for more than a half of a century. We met in "Bensingers" Clark Diversey Billiards, around 1963; I was 18 years of age. Freddy took me under his wing, and treated like a younger brother, even at that young age we had an immediate connection and friendship! Even at his young age at that time, Freddy had an air of self confidence that NO ONE else in the pool room seemed to possess! I admired the way HE handled himself, his dress and soon to find out the vast knowledge and constant burning for knowledge he strived for relating to the game of pool. Freddy was the most knowledgeable player I’ve ever known, He was anal, but he always came up with the correct answer. Thank God, he has left a minute fraction of his vast knowledge for ALL time for generations to share. We can ALL be thankful of that.

Throughout the years Freddy and I shared many adventures together, whether it was in the pool room, on the road, escapades I won’t reveal, also in business together or just sitting around cutting up jackpots about at that time the present and in recent years of our many exploits together of the past.

Since I moved to Florida 10 years ago, Freddy and I always made it a point to stay in touch by phone at least once a day. In these recent years we confided in each other more and more about personal matters, I guess we both finally felt we both were not as invincible as we thought in our younger days. Especially since the last few years, We’ve already lost SO many of our fellow cueist, So it seemed we wanted to feel the need to grab hold of any time we could to communicate with each other, because you just don’t know! And that’s why we’re all here today.

His sudden passing is not only a shock, but, a devastating blow to me personally. I lost my lifelong friend, mentor and in my heart, my brother. His admiration for a game which he gave his life to goes without saying. The many, many friends he made and opponents he played along his journey through pool, knew who Freddy really was. A guy that told it like it is, played all comers, and was first and foremost a GREAT family man and Great friend as well.

So Freddy, I will miss your voice in our morning calls, our recipe swapping and the plans you so energetically spoke about recently, concerning your way overdue newly found national media fame. I couldn’t be more proud of what you’ve accomplished in life.

With God willing, please save a table for me, (3 Cushion) of course, with ALL our family and friends that have gone before us. I’m sure you’re right in the mix of things already.

Your loving friend to my end, till we start our best journey together to come. Billy

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
This was read for me by Angle Levine, at the gathering of friends and family to celebrate Freddy's life.

On this day, the 20th of June, I start the celebration of another year of my life. In contrast we are all here to celebrate Freddy’s life in passing. Freddy has been my oldest and closest friend for more than a half of a century. We met in "Bensingers" Clark Diversey Billiards, around 1963; I was 18 years of age. Freddy took me under his wing, and treated like a younger brother, even at that young age we had an immediate connection and friendship! Even at his young age at that time, Freddy had an air of self confidence that NO ONE else in the pool room seemed to possess! I admired the way HE handled himself, his dress and soon to find out the vast knowledge and constant burning for knowledge he strived for relating to the game of pool. Freddy was the most knowledgeable player I’ve ever known, He was anal, but he always came up with the correct answer. Thank God, he has left a minute fraction of his vast knowledge for ALL time for generations to share. We can ALL be thankful of that.

Throughout the years Freddy and I shared many adventures together, whether it was in the pool room, on the road, escapades I won’t reveal, also in business together or just sitting around cutting up jackpots about at that time the present and in recent years of our many exploits together of the past.

Since I moved to Florida 10 years ago, Freddy and I always made it a point to stay in touch by phone at least once a day. In these recent years we confided in each other more and more about personal matters, I guess we both finally felt we both were not as invincible as we thought in our younger days. Especially since the last few years, We’ve already lost SO many of our fellow cueist, So it seemed we wanted to feel the need to grab hold of any time we could to communicate with each other, because you just don’t know! And that’s why we’re all here today.

His sudden passing is not only a shock, but, a devastating blow to me personally. I lost my lifelong friend, mentor and in my heart, my brother. His admiration for a game which he gave his life to goes without saying. The many, many friends he made and opponents he played along his journey through pool, knew who Freddy really was. A guy that told it like it is, played all comers, and was first and foremost a GREAT family man and Great friend as well.

So Freddy, I will miss your voice in our morning calls, our recipe swapping and the plans you so energetically spoke about recently, concerning your way overdue newly found national media fame. I couldn’t be more proud of what you’ve accomplished in life.

With God willing, please save a table for me, (3 Cushion) of course, with ALL our family and friends that have gone before us. I’m sure you’re right in the mix of things already.

Your loving friend to my end, till we start our best journey together to come. Billy
This is very good Billy.It has Heart character and feelings. You have done your part as a friend for Freddy. You have always stayed by his side even in stormy weather. And the stormy weather will change and bring out the sun. And when you see Freddy again the sky will light up and you will her the trump it and harps playing and the angels singing.
Who could that be waiting for you above the clouds but Bank Pool Freddy.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Thanks Artie, I guess in the pool community no one knew Freddy better than you and I. We grew up with him, from, "Bensinger's" to the "Four B's" to his "Norhtshore Club." There was always action around when the three of us were involved. Not many of us left now from the "Old" days, You, me, Eppie, Juan, Rory, John Bosnick, Wayne, George Pawelski and couple of guys that aren't worth mentioning.

I'm going to make an extra effort for all us to stay in touch on a regular basis, so when an unexpected tragedy like Freddy's untimely passing occurs again, we all won't be caught of guard.

Artie, you were the toughest player I ever knew on the green felt, but, one the nicest guys around in REAL life!

You stay healthy buddy, and I'll try to do the same.