Bob Ogburn wins Super Seniors

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Remember I warned you guys that if you have dinner plans not to tell FastEddie "Good Morning"? That young lady -- "Ming" is her name -- made fast Eddie run to Walgreens looking for a set of ear plugs. :D

She wants to learn 1P so I told her she had to come on here. Ming, if you're readin' this, I love ya. Just teasin'. You do know how to make people comfortable by keepin' a conversation goin'.
Well, she must really like to jabber, because NOBODY can out-talk Fast Eddie F...;)

~Doc

Wayne

Verified Member
Absolutely the finest bunch of guys I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with in 71 years, and I'm glad to be able to add David Richardson to the list.

If 'Da Barber had been there and we could have talked Rod into playing, it would have been perfect!

Oh, BTW, in case you're ever in Bogies. There's a young Houston lady --very nice, a good player and a good friend of Bob Ogburn -- who....... uh......... um...

Remember I warned you guys that if you have dinner plans not to tell FastEddie "Good Morning"? That young lady -- "Ming" is her name -- made fast Eddie run to Walgreens looking for a set of ear plugs. :D

She wants to learn 1P so I told her she had to come on here. Ming, if you're readin' this, I love ya. Just teasin'. You do know how to make people comfortable by keepin' a conversation goin'.

Bob Ogburn and Don Steele were our Newbies along with Phil Martin who turned 70 this year (he played in our get-together at Lacy's.) Three good additions to our crew.

I hadn't seen Ming in years (since she lived in L.A.) when I ran into her in Houston at the Senior Tournament. She was practicing one-pocket with Sylvar Ochoa (hint-hint that she may know the game). She is known as 'Empress' Ming Ng. Very talented player.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Oh, BTW, in case you're ever in Bogies. There's a young Houston lady --very nice, a good player and a good friend of Bob Ogburn, if you're readin' this, I love ya. Just teasin'. You do know how to make people comfortable by keepin' a conversation goin'.

I hadn't seen Ming in years (since she lived in L.A.) when I ran into her in Houston at the Senior Tournament. She was practicing one-pocket with Sylvar Ochoa (hint-hint that she may know the game). She is known as 'Empress' Ming Ng. Very talented player.

It was a pleasure meeting Ming, she was a sweet and helpful young Lady, and a pleasure to be around, Hope she joins our community.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
It was a pleasure meeting Ming, she was a sweet and helpful young Lady, and a pleasure to be around, Hope she joins our community.

I remember Ming from the pro tour like 25 years ago. Anyway I also saw her in Houston at Big Tyme. We played some 1P. Very cool

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Well, she must really like to jabber, because NOBODY can out-talk Fast Eddie F...;)

~Doc
I'll take the 5 and all the breaks in talking with Ming. She wins hands down. Plays onepocket strong and got the money playing one of the members on here. I think the member let her win. LOL

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Bogies did a great job running the tournament, The owner and the manager were very nice to everyone. Starting with James ,he played a great match with Billy I. lost on the Hill. John never got into high gear but never quit, great showing.Billy played great but lost a tough hill, hill battle with Bob O. Bob played his first match with me, missed 3 or 4 times and w on easy as I played terrible. Played Reggie did the same thing missing badly but still won. Played James and started to get really in stroke and won a tough match. When he played Billy he was making great shot after great shot, Billy matched Bob in a great race to 4 ,Hill,Hill a roll either way Billy would have won. What a match for the spectators, made the trip great even though I played bad.Well deserved win for Bob O. I have to give credit to L.S.John he got into high gear and came real close to pulling one of the great comebacks in the history of ONEPOCKET. Proud of you LS John.

ro1942

Super Seniors One Pocket Event in Houston

Super Seniors One Pocket Event in Houston

Frist of all, I would like to thank David Richardson (owner) of Bogies Billiards for hosting and sponsoring this amazing event for all the old folks. Also would like to thank John Rizzo (manager) of Bogies for making everything so smooth and feeding us. I have never been treated better at a tournament all the way down to the music played.

I really enjoyed the players from as far away as New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, California, Arkansas, and all others. Also I enjoyed seeing Ming Ng, Mary Kenniston, Leonard Bludworth, James Christopher, and Jeff Sparks to name a few, it was a pleasure.

- Big Bob

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Frist of all, I would like to thank David Richardson (owner) of Bogies Billiards for hosting and sponsoring this amazing event for all the old folks. Also would like to thank John Rizzo (manager) of Bogies for making everything so smooth and feeding us. I have never been treated better at a tournament all the way down to the music played.

I really enjoyed the players from as far away as New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, California, Arkansas, and all others. Also I enjoyed seeing Ming Ng, Mary Kenniston, Leonard Bludworth, James Christopher, and Jeff Sparks to name a few, it was a pleasure.

- Big Bob
I really enjoyed talking with you Bob.

You really got that stroke goin'. Melrose said he thought you might be the best. Congratulations.

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
The final four were the best players in the tournament, and anyone of them could have won... At 70 + years old, I think they showed how well they can still play the game and with just a little imagination, I believe anyone who watched them play could see how great they used to be... Awesome display of knowledge with some brilliant moves and traps... All of the finalists had excellent CB control and all of them could come with the tough shots when needed. They all ran balls well and were capable of running 8 and out if left an opportunity.

I had a great time playing in the tournament and then a pressure free day Sunday just enjoying the finals... Congratulations to the top 4 finishers and a big Thanks to Bogies Billiards and Sports Bar for being such a great host again...

I'd like to say a few words about the other players who came, paid their entry fees, motel bills, air fare, car rental fees, food and other related
expenses...
You are the best!!! Even though some of you know that you have no chance of winning this event, you came and you played your hearts out trying to win every game you played... That tells me what you are made of, and how you have lived your life... Thanks guys, you're solid gold in my book, and it's a pleasure to know y'all... You are the best!!! :)

Hi Jeff,

Very well said, I want to also thank Dave Richardson for his support of this tournament, John Rizzo for making us all feel welcome.

My part in the tournament can be summed up this way, "I had one good day (Friday) and one bad day (Saturday)" on Saturday it all started when my opponent JH won the break and made a ball to nearly run out, it went downhill from there.:)

I agree that the final 4 may have been the cream of the crop but other players not mentioned above could have gotten in such as Don Steele (US Open Senior winner), Phil Martin, Reggie Barksdale, Casey Kilian, Jeff Sparks, don't forget LS John, etc., all very deserving.

What a pleasure to meet everyone there.

Although I never got to play Bob Ogburn he is very deserving of the win his cue ball control and shot making ability was 2nd to none, he beat the players that I lost to, that was good enough for me.

I also want to thank Bill Meyers for handling the streaming so friends back home could see how bad I played and to Bill Fuller for taking charge of the tournament, great job to you both.

Hope everyone had a safe trip back home.

John

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Hi Jeff,

Very well said, I want to also thank Dave Richardson for his support of this tournament, John Rizzo for making us all feel welcome.

My part in the tournament can be summed up this way, "I had one good day (Friday) and one bad day (Saturday)" on Saturday it all started when my opponent JH won the break and made a ball to nearly run out, it went downhill from there.:)

I agree that the final 4 may have been the cream of the crop but other players not mentioned above could have gotten in such as Don Steele (US Open Senior winner), Phil Martin, Reggie Barksdale, Casey Kilian, Jeff Sparks, don't forget LS John, etc., all very deserving.

What a pleasure to meet everyone there.

Although I never got to play Bob Ogburn he is very deserving of the win his cue ball control and shot making ability was 2nd to none, he beat the players that I lost to, that was good enough for me.

I also want to thank Bill Meyers for handling the streaming so friends back home could see how bad I played and to Bill Fuller for taking charge of the tournament, great job to you both.

Hope everyone had a safe trip back home.

John

I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to talk more, but it was a pleasure seeing you. Hope to see you at the Derby, and especially in April when we get to play those rascally youngsters. I know we can outsmart those kids... they just don't have the experience. :)

P.S. I really admire your game (especially on Friday.) :p

baby huey

Verified Member
Congrats to Bob. Black Bart is alive and well, still robbing trains and stagecoaches.

Ming Ng AKA Exoticspice

Verified Member
Hello and Thank you

Hello and Thank you

Hi everyone on onepocket.org , thanks for inviting me to become a member.
I just want to say a few thanks to David Richardson and John Rizzo @Bogies billiards for making the senior events possible and great hospitality. My sis (Mary)and I are the biggest fan of all senior events. If it wasn't for the senior our games would not have grown. I am so grateful that I can watch a wonderful tourney in my own back yard, and seeing of my old friends and meeting new ones. Thanks again !!

Ming Ng
aka
Exoticspice

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Hi everyone on onepocket.org , thanks for inviting me to become a member.
I just want to say a few thanks to David Richardson and John Rizzo @Bogies billiards for making the senior events possible and great hospitality. My sis (Mary)and I are the biggest fan of all senior events. If it wasn't for the senior our games would not have grown. I am so grateful that I can watch a wonderful tourney in my own back yard, and seeing of my old friends and meeting new ones. Thanks again !!

Ming Ng
aka
Exoticspice

Ming, it's so good to see you on here. I missed not gong there and seeing you and Mary. A couple of my favorite ladies. Maybe next year.

Ming Ng AKA Exoticspice

Verified Member
I'm here LSJOHN

I'm here LSJOHN

Absolutely the finest bunch of guys I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with in 71 years, and I'm glad to be able to add David Richardson to the list.

If 'Da Barber had been there and we could have talked Rod into playing, it would have been perfect!

Oh, BTW, in case you're ever in Bogies. There's a young Houston lady --very nice, a good player and a good friend of Bob Ogburn -- who....... uh......... um...

Bob Ogburn and Don Steele were our Newbies along with Phil Martin who turned 70 this year (he played in our get-together at Lacy's.) Three good additions to our crew.

I'm here now but not sure how to surf around yet.