Up and down on the shot/ negative thoughts?

unoperro

Verified Member
I believe that players that are constantly " resetting",are filling their heads with negative thoughts. No, I don't think they should pull the trigger if set up incorrectly. Preshot routine needs to improve,so they aren't always resetting. Mark Wilson preaches be confident and sure of the shot before executing. I wonder what other instructors have to say?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
One thing I try to do when shooting and I know others do this as well but when I have decided what shot I am going to play, I visualize that shot. The see me striking the CB, the CB hitting the object ball, the ball going in the pocket (or wherever I am trying to put it), and then also seeing the path of the CB.

So in my head, I have already seen the shot play out. Plus I have shot the shot before so I know how to do it. Once both of those things are in place, I get down and pull the trigger.

Anyone else visualize the shot before you shoot?

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I believe that players that are constantly " resetting",are filling their heads with negative thoughts. No, I don't think they should pull the trigger if set up incorrectly. Preshot routine needs to improve,so they aren't always resetting. Mark Wilson preaches be confident and sure of the shot before executing. I wonder what other instructors have to say?

On the stream Ray said that Justin figures out the shot/shot path etc more from down on the shot.The way he explained it was most people look at a shot and visualize it standing up. He visualizes it while he's down. That's why the up and down....