Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Verified Member

Arrow *ATTN:* Need help from AZB Members re: Grady Mathews Pics/Videos

Hi all,

I am working on a project involving putting together a nice slideshow for Grady. I need help from the pool community to obtain pictures or videos or audio of Grady. Without your help, It will be much harder to put something together. With your help, it can translate into a very nice memorial piece. Here's one I did for Wade Crane/Billy Johnson

So I humbly ask each and every one of you to help in getting together as many pics/videos or audio clips of Grady.

I have put together 3 methods of getting them to me. Time is of essence, so I ask that you try to get them to me ASAP. Hell, you can post them in this thread if you want.

Pictures - I"m looking for any and all pictures. It's ok if I get duplicates. I have put together a Gallery website that will have all of them there, so you can see what I have and don't have. Please send/upload the pics in as large as resolution as you can.. the small tiny pictures don't work well. The pictures I'm most seeking, are all those pictures that were taken of him, but have never been uploaded anywhere. Pictures you've taken, or your buddy has, or someone you know has a bunch of them. If you have pics that need scanned, please send them to me and I'll scan them and burn them to a DVD for you. BONUS: if you do this for me, send me as many picture files you have and I'll burn those for you too on the DVD.

Videos - Obviously there are videos on youtube and the like, if there are funny comments he makes (we all know there are plenty of those) while he's commentating, find them and email me the link and where the comment was made. Example: send me a link and then tell me it's a 14:24 or something like that. If any of you have videos that were taken by yourself or someone else you know of, but you don't know how to post them or their on VHS or something... send the tape to me and I'll convert it to a DVD and send it back, so you have your original and a DVD copy you can play in your DVD player. Nice way to get a free conversion out of me:smile:

If you have Accu-stats tapes/DVD's, if you find short clips of him saying something important/funny/memorable that would be good for a memorial piece, maybe you can record that audio clip with your phone or some other means and email the file to me. I will get with Pat Fleming and clear me being able to use short clips for this purpose. If you know of a match where he said something and you don't have it, send me the details and I'll try and find it.

Ok.. I've got 3 methods of you getting me your stuff. Use which ever one suits you. They're all 3 easy methods. Feel free to use one or several of them. Whatever easiest. I've worked hard at getting several options, so as to make it as easy on you as possible Or post them in this thread.. don't care as long as I can get to them.

1. email it to me at gradypics@oldpoolhall.com (keeping in mind I wouldn't try and send anything that has over 10 mb of files in the attachments) send multiple emails if you need to

2. go to this page and there is a button you click, it pops up with a window to select your files, click ok, you're done. This uploads files to my webserver. Click here to use this method
Name:  dragandsave1.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  14.9 KB

3. Upload to a Gallery page. This is a Gallery Install on my website where you can upload into a Gallery. This is where I will put all the pics as I get them, so everyone knows what I have and don't have. Below I have put a few screen shots to show how easy it is.
Click here to use this method

In a nutshell, you're going to login using
Username - grady
Password: grady

You're going to hold your mouse over the Album image and then move it to the Options, Choose Add Image, select all your images and then Click Done. Easy Peazy.:smile:

Please, Please.... help me with this. Contribute to something meaningful for Grady. Your help is greatly needed!

Thanks much,

Greg
Name:  login1.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  24.8 KB
Name:  options.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  35.8 KB
Name:  addaimage.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  23.0 KB
Name:  selectfiles.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  67.9 KB
Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRed View Post
Hi all,

I am working on a project involving putting together a nice slideshow for Grady. I need help from the pool community to obtain pictures or videos or audio of Grady. Without your help, It will be much harder to put something together. With your help, it can translate into a very nice memorial piece. Here's one I did for Wade Crane/Billy Johnson https://vimeo.com/22220849

So I humbly ask each and every one of you to help in getting together as many pics/videos or audio clips of Grady.

I have put together 3 methods of getting them to me. Time is of essence, so I ask that you try to get them to me ASAP. Hell, you can post them in this thread if you want.

Pictures - I"m looking for any and all pictures. It's ok if I get duplicates. I have put together a Gallery website that will have all of them there, so you can see what I have and don't have. Please send/upload the pics in as large as resolution as you can.. the small tiny pictures don't work well. The pictures I'm most seeking, are all those pictures that were taken of him, but have never been uploaded anywhere. Pictures you've taken, or your buddy has, or someone you know has a bunch of them. If you have pics that need scanned, please send them to me and I'll scan them and burn them to a DVD for you. BONUS: if you do this for me, send me as many picture files you have and I'll burn those for you too on the DVD.

Videos - Obviously there are videos on youtube and the like, if there are funny comments he makes (we all know there are plenty of those) while he's commentating, find them and email me the link and where the comment was made. Example: send me a link and then tell me it's a 14:24 or something like that. If any of you have videos that were taken by yourself or someone else you know of, but you don't know how to post them or their on VHS or something... send the tape to me and I'll convert it to a DVD and send it back, so you have your original and a DVD copy you can play in your DVD player. Nice way to get a free conversion out of me:smile:

If you have Accu-stats tapes/DVD's, if you find short clips of him saying something important/funny/memorable that would be good for a memorial piece, maybe you can record that audio clip with your phone or some other means and email the file to me. I will get with Pat Fleming and clear me being able to use short clips for this purpose. If you know of a match where he said something and you don't have it, send me the details and I'll try and find it.

Ok.. I've got 3 methods of you getting me your stuff. Use which ever one suits you. They're all 3 easy methods. Feel free to use one or several of them. Whatever easiest. I've worked hard at getting several options, so as to make it as easy on you as possible Or post them in this thread.. don't care as long as I can get to them.

1. email it to me at gradypics@oldpoolhall.com (keeping in mind I wouldn't try and send anything that has over 10 mb of files in the attachments) send multiple emails if you need to

2. go to this page and there is a button you click, it pops up with a window to select your files, click ok, you're done. This uploads files to my webserver. Click here to use this method
Attachment 5788

3. Upload to a Gallery page. This is a Gallery Install on my website where you can upload into a Gallery. This is where I will put all the pics as I get them, so everyone knows what I have and don't have. Below I have put a few screen shots to show how easy it is.
Click here to use this method

In a nutshell, you're going to login using
Username - grady
Password: grady

You're going to hold your mouse over the Album image and then move it to the Options, Choose Add Image, select all your images and then Click Done. Easy Peazy.:smile:

Please, Please.... help me with this. Contribute to something meaningful for Grady. Your help is greatly needed!

Thanks much,

Greg
Attachment 5787
Attachment 5789
Attachment 5790
Attachment 5791
I'll help ya with a bump, but sorry, no pic's...
Old 04-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Verified Member

Default once....

...again,good work Greg,thanks and good luck,B
Old 04-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Verified Member

Putting a package together. All Grady's appearances at the Onepocket HOF starting in 2005. I have gathered 2005.2006, and 2007 so far.

Beard
Old 04-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Verified Member

Default Grady Photo

This photo was taken at the DCC, 2012 with me in the center of the obvious scoundrels. Freddie organized a Bank, One Pocket, and 14.1 seminar which was outstanding in the normal Freddie professional manner. Grady's last minute decision to be there was well received. With all due respect and under the circumstances, Grady was as excited to participate as we were to gather "trade secrets' from this group of Hall Of Famers.

Left to right: Freddie The Beard, Danny D., 'Tennessee Joe' Johann, John Brumbach, Grady Mathews.

By the way, this project is a great tribute and thanks for your efforts.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2012, 08:20 PM

101 pictures as of this post. I am very impressed with the site and number of pictures so far.

Thanks for the site and thanks for the pictures. Great effort by all involved.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Verified Member

I don't know if you are just want pool pictures or not but if you want some of his early years Crystal Lloyd at Gradys Billiards put together a nice slide presentation for the service and had several pictures of when he was young.

Pel
Old 04-28-2012, 04:41 AM
Verified Member

Default For The Love Off The Game. Grady Mathews

Grady was not only a Champion. He was a General. Spreading the word off pool. And taking time too amswer any qouistion. Gradys whole life was playing pool.

Grady showed his love for the game and did everything he could to help it grow. THe greatest feeling and satisfatrion a pool player get.

Is to see that beautiful green felt and the shinny lights. And the sounds off pool balls Is music to his ears. Grady loved pool more then life and it showed.

Thier were no bounderies or limits to Gradys game. Just take it too the highest levele. Gradys Drean was pool and to be a champion and he reachet that goal. Grady did everything he could for pool.

He gave back more then he took. For the love off the game. HIs heart and mind was fild with love and thoughts too help make pool bigger then life.

I would think if Grady could do it all over again. He would do it all the same way. Maybe he would change some off his mistakes and make less.

His personality and kindness and friend ship would not change. Grady was a good friend too everyone. He was a leader not a folower.

Grady gave a life time too pool and did whatever he could to gelp pool grow. WE take a life time to get to no someone. And all the get back is one momonte off our time too say good by.

I will allways remember Gtady and his outstanding Voice. Its so hard to say good by to all the people we got to no and meet and were part off our life.

And I no that as we grow older and we are lucky enough to continue our journey. We learn that life is temparary. And all the people we new the numbers get smaller and smaller.

Tell its our turn too go. God cameand wraped gis arms around Grady and said come with me. You have suffered long enough. And Grady said his good bys too everyone. Death is not the end but the beginning of eternale life.

The green felt and sparkling lights and the dancing pool balls and youre old freinds well be thier to great you. Eddie Taylor Bugs Cannon Ball And Willie Mosconie Steve Mizirack. Irving Craine And off course the one pocket spoks man. Minnisota Fats.

Have a great journy and as soon as you get thier Wiennie Bennie will say Rack UM Up.

My sympathy to his family and all his close ftiends. Greadys greatest line was. I love this game. And he gave everytging he had to make it better and grow.

Nobody can ever replace or do wgat Grady did for the game. Rest in peace. Artie Bodendorfer
Old 04-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie Bodendorfer View Post
Grady was not only a Champion. He was a General. Spreading the word off pool. And taking time too amswer any qouistion. Gradys whole life was playing pool.

Grady showed his love for the game and did everything he could to help it grow. THe greatest feeling and satisfatrion a pool player get.

Is to see that beautiful green felt and the shinny lights. And the sounds off pool balls Is music to his ears. Grady loved pool more then life and it showed.

Thier were no bounderies or limits to Gradys game. Just take it too the highest levele. Gradys Drean was pool and to be a champion and he reachet that goal. Grady did everything he could for pool.

He gave back more then he took. For the love off the game. HIs heart and mind was fild with love and thoughts too help make pool bigger then life.

I would think if Grady could do it all over again. He would do it all the same way. Maybe he would change some off his mistakes and make less.

His personality and kindness and friend ship would not change. Grady was a good friend too everyone. He was a leader not a folower.

Grady gave a life time too pool and did whatever he could to gelp pool grow. WE take a life time to get to no someone. And all the get back is one momonte off our time too say good by.

I will allways remember Gtady and his outstanding Voice. Its so hard to say good by to all the people we got to no and meet and were part off our life.

And I no that as we grow older and we are lucky enough to continue our journey. We learn that life is temparary. And all the people we new the numbers get smaller and smaller.

Tell its our turn too go. God cameand wraped gis arms around Grady and said come with me. You have suffered long enough. And Grady said his good bys too everyone. Death is not the end but the beginning of eternale life.

The green felt and sparkling lights and the dancing pool balls and youre old freinds well be thier to great you. Eddie Taylor Bugs Cannon Ball And Willie Mosconie Steve Mizirack. Irving Craine And off course the one pocket spoks man. Minnisota Fats.

Have a great journy and as soon as you get thier Wiennie Bennie will say Rack UM Up.

My sympathy to his family and all his close ftiends. Greadys greatest line was. I love this game. And he gave everytging he had to make it better and grow.

Nobody can ever replace or do wgat Grady did for the game. Rest in peace. Artie Bodendorfer
Well said Artie, this is why we miss you..Don't be a stranger..
Old 04-28-2012, 07:28 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie Bodendorfer View Post

TAP...TAP
very well said artie