From
vero beach fl
i know louie wasnt known for his one pocket
but his fargo rating must have been pretty high......:rolleyes:......:D
anyway
its strawberry's shot
wwyd
first is a pic of strawberry
do you think we will ever see that again (cig in mouth while shooting )
strawberry cigafrette.jpg
strawberry louie wwyd.jpg

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Strawberry was a great OP player and moved very well. I think I would have to move those three balls closest to opponents hole. Two stripes go into the stack and the dark solid (7?) goes cross corner, whilst I stop the CB in place.:D

beatle

Verified Member
same as above but i think you can and must get the cueball into the stack there.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
st louie louie vs strawberry

Strawberry was a great OP player and moved very well. I think I would have to move those three balls closest to opponents hole. Two stripes go into the stack and the dark solid (7?) goes cross corner, whilst I stop the CB in place.:D

Anything else would be uncivilized. 👍

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'd likely come off the right side of the 2nd stripe from Strawberry's hole-- relocating the ball near the hole, while rolling the CB two rails either against the 8 ball, or behind the three frozen balls. Pretty tough for the opponent to do much from there.

~Doc

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Larry, is this from a video you can share? Whitey

This video might be from one of Strawberry's tournaments just outside of Washington DC. He got Eddie Taylor to make a cameo appearance (did not play in the tournament) at one, and Cisero Murphy also made an appearance at one. Those were 1992 and 1993 I believe. I went to one or both not sure at this point lol. But someone shot amateur video, some of the matches, and also panned the stands quite a bit. There I am up in the stands with my wife and a cup of coffee in my hand. Some things never change :D:D

Edit -- maybe this is even earlier at one of Grady's first tournaments in SC

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

This video might be from one of Strawberry's tournaments just outside of Washington DC. He got Eddie Taylor to make a cameo appearance (did not play in the tournament) at one, and Cisero Murphy also made an appearance at one. Those were 1992 and 1993 I believe.

Didn’t Tom Wirth win one of those?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
This video might be from one of Strawberry's tournaments just outside of Washington DC. He got Eddie Taylor to make a cameo appearance (did not play in the tournament) at one, and Cisero Murphy also made an appearance at one. Those were 1992 and 1993 I believe. I went to one or both not sure at this point lol. But someone shot amateur video, some of the matches, and also panned the stands quite a bit. There I am up in the stands with my wife and a cup of coffee in my hand. Some things never change :D:D

Edit -- maybe this is even earlier at one of Grady's first tournaments in SC

this is from the 1991 legends of one pocket tournament

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Larry, is this from a video you can share? Whitey

I got a dvd of this in my closet I never watch. You can have it if you want if you pm me your ad and I'll throw it in the mail the next time I go down to the post office, but like Larry said, it's only 10 from ACuST.. so whatever.. In fact I remember doing this exact same WWYD several years ago on here. I just wanted to do one for kicks.. Dr. Bill and Danny D did commentary. There was an incident that took place in this match.. Roberts left Straw on the wrong side of the stack and after missing a carom, Straw inadvertently whacked the cue ball a second time causing three or four object balls to move off to very different locations which should have been loss of game.. Instead Straw just spotted one ball and play continued like nothing.. I thought that was a little amusing thing in that match..

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I got a dvd of this in my closet I never watch. You can have it if you want if you pm me your ad and I'll throw it in the mail the next time I go down to the post office, but like Larry said, it's only 10 from ACuST.. so whatever.. In fact I remember doing this exact same WWYD several years ago on here. I just wanted to do one for kicks.. Dr. Bill and Danny D did commentary. There was an incident that took place in this match.. Roberts left Straw on the wrong side of the stack and after missing a carom, Straw inadvertently whacked the cue ball a second time causing three or four object balls to move off to very different locations which should have been loss of game.. Instead Straw just spotted one ball and play continued like nothing.. I thought that was a little amusing thing in that match..

Posting that in a separate thread now upon Larry’s request

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'd likely come off the right side of the 2nd stripe from Strawberry's hole-- relocating the ball near the hole, while rolling the CB two rails either against the 8 ball, or behind the three frozen balls. Pretty tough for the opponent to do much from there.

~Doc

i was looking at something like that doc too

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

since those balls didnt go in louies pocket i am not sure i would have looked to move them
but thats why i have a lot to learn...:eek:
billy incardona immediately saw this as the shot
just like you did darmoose....:)
and thats what strawbery shot
moved alot of balls to his side
i couldnt draw all the ball to ball interactions
strawberry shot.jpg

strawberry result.jpg

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From