18th annual Derby city classic 9 ball banks

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
I had a pretty good tournament, finished tied for 28th from a field of 501 players. I did manage to beat Rodney Morris by a score of 3 to 1, my last game was a break and run 5 and out. Failed to get by Alex the lion Pagulayon, he won 3 to 1. Met Fast Eddie from this board, also Steve Booth, and John Henderson. I'm 72 and have played in all 18 of the DCCs.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I had a pretty good tournament, finished tied for 28th from a field of 480 players. I did manage to beat Rodney Morris by a score of 3 to 1, my last game was a break and run 5 and out. Failed to get by Alex the lion Pagulayon, he won 3 to 1. Met Fast Eddie from this board, also Steve Booth, and John Henderson. I'm 72 and have played in all 18 of the DCCs.
Fantastic run Jim -- I saw you right after your win over Rodney and you were feeling good! Incidentally I saw Rodney a little later and he said something like, "That old guy sure could bank!"

Ranmar

From
Chicago
Very well done.

I wish I could have seen you play. I am half your respectable age and fared WAY worse...but had a great time.

Again, Congrats.

Pulling for the monster and monster nice dude, Mr. John Brumback here down the stretch. Love that guy...

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
banks

banks

Fantastic run Jim -- I saw you right after your win over Rodney and you were feeling good! Incidentally I saw Rodney a little later and he said something like, "That old guy sure could bank!"
I realized later that I had made 9 banks in a row, banked 4 and out in game three, then broke and ran 5 and out in game 4 for a total of 9 in the same inning.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
18th annual Derby city classic 9 ball banks

I realized later that I had made 9 banks in a row, banked 4 and out in game three, then broke and ran 5 and out in game 4 for a total of 9 in the same inning.

Really impressive, Jim. Sorry we didn't meet. Next year.

poolandpokerman

Verified Member
I have been playing banks with Big Jim since 1964, and he can bank. I saw him beat Efren twice in banks in the same match. He made his winning bank only to see the cue ball scratch. Talk about a cooler, we were both devastated, however he re-grouped and made the final ball to beat Efren. Of course, I heard about that match for a year or two......Good Playing Jim

Tom