Best Billiards, Las Vegas

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Finally went over there and got to see the action and had a nice Italian dinner with a glass of red wine.

I saw lots of guys I have known for years, either sweating the action or being involved in it. My old friend Archie The Greek was there along with the other old-timers.

The card players are in town and that always kicks the action up a notch. Some of these guys were pool players before poker and know how to match up and they do bet high. No Dippy last night but I heard he was in town.

I have a team match at the Riviera tonight and will go sweat the action later. They have the tightest Diamond table I have ever seen that would make any one dog it. Orcullo was going to play on it last night but I had to go get some sleep for a match this morning.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
The owner is a very nice guy. He is probably losing his azz, but he opened his room and it's top notch everything. It's a very class place. He says the food, you won't find any better. It's spotless. He has very low rates, I think a membership is about a hundred a year or something. No rif-raff either.

All of his pocket tables are converted 3 cushion tables. I believe he said it cost about 10 grand apiece to move them over here from Italy. The slates like 2 inches or something crazy. They're in immaculate condition.

He has a action room with one table in it, pictured below. He's a artist and he made the statue he's posting next too. Great guy, class joint.

IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Wow, that is impressive. I am sorry I did not get over to visit when I was out for the US Open One Pocket. Next time I will!

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Best Billiards

Best Billiards

Went back over last night and played some myself. Played a guy that I had won a couple games from at Derby City. I could not make an adjustment from the lightning fast bar tables at The Riviera and was stuck a few games before I could do anything and still did not play well and quit after losing half a dozen games. Funny how the brain goes south with the stroke.

The guy who beat me played Billy I. next and lost. Billy gets my $$ even if I do not play him:confused:

Consoled myself with great pasta. There was a Dippy sighting and he was barking when I was leaving.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Wow, Red, what a room! Is the table in the action room the one with the 4" (or whatever) pockets? ~Doc

Not sure Doc... I am leaning towards probably so. I was very impressed with his room. After speaking to him for about 30 mins, he came off as a guy that had the money to fulfill a dream of his, which was to own a poolroom and have everything exactly the way he wants it to be. I mean this guy wants his room to be tip top and nothing but the best and it doesn't matter what it would cost to have that happen.

If some snotnosed kids come in or some sleezy people, or if people get loud or disrespectful in any way, he would have no problem banning them. He wants good clientele to go with his great equipment and if he goes in the red from it, so be it.:)

I remember asking him, after looking at his very expensive looking room, how much he charged and was blown away by his rates. They're very low and outrageous, considering what kind of room it is. Dive prices in a upscale pool hall.

Very cool guy in my book.

The owner is a very nice guy. He is probably losing his azz, but he opened his room and it's top notch everything. It's a very class place. He says the food, you won't find any better. It's spotless. He has very low rates, I think a membership is about a hundred a year or something. No rif-raff either.

All of his pocket tables are converted 3 cushion tables. I believe he said it cost about 10 grand apiece to move them over here from Italy. The slates like 2 inches or something crazy. They're in immaculate condition.

He has a action room with one table in it, pictured below. He's a artist and he made the statue he's posting next too. Great guy, class joint.

View attachment 5928

View attachment 5929

View attachment 5930

View attachment 5931

Oh my, I've never been in such a beautiful pool room. Love it. I wish the owner the very best. Clare

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Great statue. We went to the Getty yesterday. The number of marble statues and burial carvings was overwhelming. Where is the artistry today? Wall street making money off money.