Update on Beard's hard cover issue of TEOPH

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
(This notice should be on a separate thread.)

This is a response to a guy from AZ forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
Can we preorder the hard covers, Freddy. Like we did for the soft covers...if so...1! :wink: *realizes this has probably already been claimed.*
I suppose you could, the hard covers are going to be 8.5 x 11 trim size with plus 300 pages. However, the first 100, #'s 1 -100 have already been paid and spoken for. I guess I could add the numbers 101 to 150. But numbers 101, 106, 107 and 123 have already been reserved.

Ok, same deal, $50 includes shipping for the 8.5 by 11 hard cover edition. I will number them as I receive paid orders. I'll even throw in Diana Hoppe's, The Road Scholars DVD with the order ($20 retail on Ebay)

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
(This notice should be on a separate thread.)

This is a response to a guy from AZ forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
Can we preorder the hard covers, Freddy. Like we did for the soft covers...if so...1! :wink: *realizes this has probably already been claimed.*
I suppose you could, the hard covers are going to be 8.5 x 11 trim size with plus 300 pages. However, the first 100, #'s 1 -100 have already been paid and spoken for. I guess I could add the numbers 101 to 150. But numbers 101, 106, 107 and 123 have already been reserved.

Ok, same deal, $50 includes shipping for the 8.5 by 11 hard cover edition. I will number them as I receive paid orders. I'll even throw in Diana Hoppe's, The Road Scholars DVD with the order ($20 retail on Ebay)

Beard

Freddy,

Thanks to you including the poem in your wonderful book I now need to order 4 more books for family. Very sneaky of you:p.

I'll send you a check on Wed. or Thur. if I get a day off next week.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddy,

Thanks to you including the poem in your wonderful book I now need to order 4 more books for family. Very sneaky of you:p.

I'll send you a check on Wed. or Thur. if I get a day off next week.

Dennis

Dennis, dont you know that you have 4 bonus hard covers coming anyway? That was the offer I provided because it was taking me so long to get published.

Beard

DrGonzo

A year from now these books will be selling for $500 a piece as Freddy continues to "uncover" boxes of them in the cellar. ;););)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis, dont you know that you have 4 bonus hard covers coming anyway? That was the offer I provided because it was taking me so long to get published.

Beard

Fred,

I only originally ordered 3 books. I can't have 4 coming:confused:. You sent me the paperbacks as the bonus and I have 3 hardcovers coming. I'll need 4 more on top of that for family, the 3 books were for me and two friends.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Fred,

I only originally ordered 3 books. I can't have 4 coming:confused:. You sent me the paperbacks as the bonus and I have 3 hardcovers coming. I'll need 4 more on top of that for family, the 3 books were for me and two friends.

Dennis

My math has always been bad. Confused is a natural state for me. But the order for 4 sounds wonderful to me. Thanks again.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Got a PM from AZ'r Mark who was confused at to what version or format of TEOPH he should buy and asked me to clear things up for him.

Firstly, in the process of determining which particular format I was going to end up with I experimented with all different trim sizes, font sizes, b and w and color, and amount of pages.
Those actions ended me up with many file versions that I have now made available for sale. The entire list is available on my website. bankingwiththebeard.com

Here is a list of such: They are all soft covers at the moment.
8.5 x 11 is available in 389, 323 and 266 pages, in color and b and w. (the result of 3 different font sizes, 12, 11, and 10)
8.5 x 11 389 in b & w $49.95 389 in color, $74.95
8.5 x 11 323 in b & w $44.95 323 in color $69.95
8.5 x 11 266 in b & w only $34.95

7.44 x 9.69 is available in color only 11pt font and 323 pages. $64.95

6 x 9 available in 389, 323 and 266 pages, 12, 11, and 10pt font. prices range $29.95, $34.95, $39.95. b and w only.

The upgraded edition with Fats' daughter probably won't be available until the 8.5 x 11 389 page b & w hard cover is released.

However, for everyone who orders a soft cover proof (from me), I will include a copy of the Fats' pages (with the photos of Lucy and his daughter) and send that along with the order.

The original 100 pre-pub people will have to wait for their hard cover which will include the Fatty stuff.

(anyone else who has already ordered a soft cover from me -- again, not the pre-pub peeps -- can email me and I'll send them out those Fatty pages so that they don't feel left out.)

Toncam

Verified Member
Stopped in at the Riviera today to look around and saw your book on some vendors table and i started looking through it, looks really nice Fred.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Stopped in at the Riviera today to look around and saw your book on some vendors table and i started looking through it, looks really nice Fred.

That was my old pal Tracy Joe Salazar. He is the only vendor I have allowed to distribute and promote the book. (soft cover proofs)

Beard