...Cole Dixson...."walkin' on water"....

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
...lets see....yesturday I can't remember (short term memory loss)...thats my story and i'm stickin' to it...lol....40 years ago....clear as a bell......my brother was stupid enough to stake a player against Cole when he and his brother (Mike) hit town (Bellflower, CA ....Billiard Palace)....about half way thru the match.....Cole (about 16 at the time)....hops up on the table to make a shot...my Brother of course jumps up to complain.......Cole's Horse (Butch...who later bought the Palace)....slips a 38 out of his waist band...and says..."the kid can do what he wants"...."your absolutly right"...my brother said....."the kid can walk on water if he wants".....lol....Coles brother Mike was a great player in his own right...I saw him take down a good player one night...playin' with the business end of a bridge...the kid ran racks....lol...

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Coles Brother

Coles Brother

onepocket926 said:
...lets see....yesturday I can't remember (short term memory loss)...thats my story and i'm stickin' to it...lol....40 years ago....clear as a bell......my brother was stupid enough to stake a player against Cole when he and his brother (Mike) hit town (Bellflower, CA ....Billiard Palace)....about half way thru the match.....Cole (about 16 at the time)....hops up on the table to make a shot...my Brother of course jumps up to complain.......Cole's Horse (Butch...who later bought the Palace)....slips a 38 out of his waist band...and says..."the kid can do what he wants"...."your absolutly right"...my brother said....."the kid can walk on water if he wants".....lol....Coles brother Mike was a great player in his own right...I saw him take down a good player one night...playin' with the business end of a bridge...the kid ran racks....lol...
I believe Cole's "BROTHER" that trip was Mike Zimmerman. Still a pretty good player & on the IPT list, now playing in Seattle. I blew three sets to Cole for $100 a set - even, with the 8 & then with the 7. I am wondering who you & your brother are. John Henderson

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
jrhendy said:
I believe Cole's "BROTHER" that trip was Mike Zimmerman. Still a pretty good player & on the IPT list, now playing in Seattle. I blew three sets to Cole for $100 a set - even, with the 8 & then with the 7. I am wondering who you & your brother are. John Henderson

.....hey...John...

...my name is Paul Sell....
...just a short stop...not a name player....at that time....mainly PayBall...at the palace.....
....but learned my onepocket and onehanded pool...by watchin' Ronnie..and all the greats...your name does'nt ring a bell....but....lol....I was busy ringin' my own bell back then...bennies and pool all night.....wish I had'nt done the bennies....cost my teeth later in life.....but the pool...was worth it...taught my son....and when he got serious...tuned into a pretty good player.....used to play to see who did the dishes...till he got tired of doin' 'em......after a month of dishpan hands...I quit him...I'd rather loose 'coupla G's...than do those damn dishes again...lol....nice meetin' ya....