Seniors tournament in Houston

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Unfortunately Bogies will not be hosting a Seniors tournament this year...

A major tragedy has befallen the city of Houston, along with most of the coastal towns from Corpus Christi all the way to Lake Charles, Louisiana and some inland points as well... Houston and other places along the coast will be years cleaning up and restoring roads, bridges, homes, water supplies, electrical, you name it, after the ravages of Harvey's relentless flooding...

The owner of Bogies is a really good man, ( David Richardson ) and even though he is dealing with the recent loss of his father, the flooding of his own home, his mothers grief over her loss, and the flooding of her home, he met with John Rizzo yesterday to discuss the tournament...

John called me and asked me to post a notice of cancellation ASAP so people who have made plans or people who are making plans could have as much time as possible to rearrange their itenerary..

The owner, the management, and the entire staff at Bogies wish to express their deepest regrets for the cancellation of this fun event...

We are a little down right now, but we got a lotta fight left in us...

Hope to see y'all next year in Houston at Bogies Senior Tournament...

Dates to be decided..

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
thats a shame but completley understand

lets just hope this new one doesnt barrel into us

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well this is a good example of how ultimately real life issues are a lot more important than pool!

Take care guys and I hope you pull through stronger than ever...

markgriffin

Verified Member
Senior tournament

Senior tournament

I'm sorry to hear about Bogies and all the flooding in Houston area.

Not sure if we can help out, but if Griffs can be of assistance, please let us know....

This is being offered with all due respect.

Msrk Griffin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
very understandable under the circumstances
hope everyone recovers to some sense of normalcy as soon as possible

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Unfortunately Bogies will not be hosting a Seniors tournament this year...

A major tragedy has befallen the city of Houston, along with most of the coastal towns from Corpus Christi all the way to Lake Charles, Louisiana and some inland points as well...

I'd be absolutely shocked to find that anyone here didn't understand, empathize, sympathize and feel only gratitude for Bogies, David and John.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Jeff, it's great to finally hear from you. And I know you hate to be the bearer of bad news. I hope that you didn't get any flooding in your home. It's a bitch to have to deal with that kind of repair and refurbishing.

But, re the pool room, it's a good sign that amongst all the wreckage and misery, Bogies was left standing, unharmed.

Good luck over there!!

~Doc

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Completely Understandable

Completely Understandable

What happened to the Texas coastal area was catastrophic and hopefully a once in a lifetime occurrence.
David is one of the biggest supporters of pool there is. What he has been through this year, on top of the hurricane, is a lot to bear.

Houston is in my thoughts and prayers as you rebuild from the aftermath.

Wishing David, John and Bogies all the best in future.

Thank you for the heads up on tourney, Jeff.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Very sorry to hear it guys!!

Sorry that the tourney is not happening and way more sorry to hear of the devastation Harvey put out and for the losses that a lot of you have suffered and continue to suffer.

Thanks for the update Jeff and glad to hear you and the others are safe. I also hope that Irma dies down and does not hit our Floridians in the coming days...it has been crazy times lately for sure...

EDIT: I also took the event off the calendar this year to prevent any confusion..

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
Thanks Jeff for providing us all with an update. My prayers and best wishes for you and the folks at Bogies.

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
I was waiting to put my check in the mail to see if this might happen. My entry instead will be going to disaster relief. Glad you are ok Jeff. My son lives in Sugar Land and had water up to his front door, but none in the house. Thousands not so lucky.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
That is completely understandable. Would anyone be interested in playing if ir was at another location for a year?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
That is completely understandable. Would anyone be interested in playing if ir was at another location for a year?

That's a good idea Bill, no reason not to have the tournament somewhere...if people would turn out and support it, that would be great...John Rizzo and David Richardson fully support another venue this year... You might throw that idea out there on several internet sites to get a feel of the interest level, but if you're shooting for October, better start soon...Good luck, hope it happens...

keoneyo

Verified Member
Jeff good luck to you and your family. Looked forward to meeting you this year. Maybe when conditions are healthier.
Wu.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Hello Dave

Hello Dave

Perhaps we could arrange it at one of the rooms under consideration for next years Members Tourny so we could check it out?

I do not know if I have missed your posts lately, but I am sure glad to see one. I missed your input.

I willingly will go to any tournament we come up with.

My vote, though, for next years member's tournament is definitely California Billiards. Chris's room was, I thought, going to be 2018's site according to all our talks before selecting CHRIS'S billiards in Chicago.(Could not have been a better site.)

Disco, again, glad to see your post.