Alex/Jose Game 6 Shot #2

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Frank Almanza said:
All I can say is that poor Jose has been in trouble this whole match. I would probably kick the 11 ball out.

Yeah Frank, that's a good defensive shot, as long as there's room under the 11 to do it - hard to tell from the pic...as for offense...cutting the striped ball closest to him looks like it could be a scratch in the side, so...

Hard to tell, but it looks like he might have an angle to stun-control the cueball and shoot the 2-railer on the 8ball - if he makes it, that shot could turn-around, or win the game for him...but he has to be willing to let Alex cut at the 14 if he misses....but,,, if Jose at least leaves the 8 in front of his pocket, Alex may not want to cut at the 14...;)

- Ghost

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
AlexJose Game 6 Shot #2 - OnePocket.jpg

Being Jose Parica, he could probably cut in the 9 and run out, but being ahead 4-1 in balls, I imagine this what he did. Tough spot to be in, and it looks like Alex could make the 13-2 if he gets a shot at it.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Frank Almanza said:
All I can say is that poor Jose has been in trouble this whole match. I would probably kick the 11 ball out.
Definetly a tough spot to be in. I also like kicking the 11 ball, I really don't see more you can do. The 11 ball is a ball that I would like to move, it's a type of a ball that will eventually cost you if you leave it there. If at all possible I would kick the 11 ball. Another option if laying right is cutting the 9 ball and going twice across table, if that shot is available I would give it some strong consideration. But the score with Parica leading 4 balls to 1 ball will influence me to kick the 11 ball.

Billy I.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
wincardona said:
Definetly a tough spot to be in. I also like kicking the 11 ball, I really don't see more you can do. The 11 ball is a ball that I would like to move, it's a type of a ball that will eventually cost you if you leave it there. If at all possible I would kick the 11 ball. Another option if laying right is cutting the 9 ball and going twice across table, if that shot is available I would give it some strong consideration. But the score with Parica leading 4 balls to 1 ball will influence me to kick the 11 ball.

Billy I.
The 11 is in one of the places where it goes either straight in or as a bank for Alex if Jose were to leave the cue ball anywhere near the bottom rail -- that's why I'm also thinking of knocking it away -- with the lead. Moving it should open up more defensive real estate for him in the future if he can safely move it -- considering he has a significant lead in the count.

Jose probably cut the 9 and went twice across though -- especially at that stage in his career he would have been super confident on that shot.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2010-10-27_07-04-06.jpg
    Greenshot_2010-10-27_07-04-06.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Skin said:
Where are you guys getting some of those ball numbers in your shots? Am I looking at the right photo?

View attachment 1496
The one you show with a question mark, I am calling the 9-ball -- the one down by Alex's pocket I (and at least Vapros) was thinking was the 13 ball.

mosconiac

Verified Member
I would shoot NH Steve's shot...looks pretty easy to control & shouldn't sell out if you miss. If you make it...look out!!!

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
NH Steve said:
Jose probably cut the 9 and went twice across though -- especially at that stage in his career he would have been super confident on that shot.
Thanks for saving me the work:) . That's exactly what he shot and he ran out!

Greenshot_2010-10-27_07-04-06.jpg