Doc, look at this photo for Mike Surber murder suspect

JAM

Verified Member
Somebody on AzBilliards shared this photo of a suspect who murdered Mike Surber. He sure does look like him.

Interestingly, he goes by the name "Jeff Cooper." Didn't this guy call himself "Jeremiah Cooper"? Wow! This cannot be a coincidence.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
jam
thanks for the thread
i guess you didnt see JimmyB started another thread with the info
no problem
the more exposure of this guys face the better
as i said in jimmy"s thread
i hope they catch him and he gets what is long overdue coming to him

JAM

Verified Member
jam
thanks for the thread
i guess you didnt see JimmyB started another thread with the info
no problem
the more exposure of this guys face the better
as i said in jimmy"s thread
i hope they catch him and he gets what is long overdue coming to him

Oh, I did not associate it with the title "Mike." If I had seen "Surber," I would have read it, I think.

Thanks for letting me know. I will post the photo in that thread too. :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Very nice work by JAM, Jimmy and the original AZ OP! There are some similarities, but my honest feeling is that this is not Mike's murderer.

For one thing, the guy is too young. JAM posted a pic on AZ of the current pictured guy, which was take 3 years after the murder, and he's obviously too young. Our perp was at least in his late 40s, maybe older, in 2009. So now he would be at least late 50s.

I don't recall a mole on the guy's face, although I may not have noticed it at the time. Jeremiah Cooper was the name the perp used because he'd stolen Cooper's credit card in Atlanta. If this were our perp, he'd be crazy to use an alias anything like "Cooper". I don't know what crime the current guy did to be labeled a kidnapper. But the original guy was a murderer and thief, so I'm not sure how that jibes.

It would be a big help if we knew the pictured guy's height. The murderer was 5'6"-5'8". And yes, they do have DNA on the guy, plus whatever new info they were able to recently get at Quantico.

Still, this is certainly enough to forward on to the local FBI, who have taken over the case. I'll phone the agent to let him know.

Thanks very much, y'all !!

~Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Okay, folks. I contacted the lead FBI agent on the Surber case. He was very interested in the pictures, and he will definitely look into it. Fingers crossed...

~Doc

Wayne

Verified Member
Major FALSE Alarm. The guy went on Facebook and explained to Jam what was going on. (She posted the thread on AZ billiards). He isn't wanted for kidnapping either.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, it's not surprising. If JAM has posted the ruse on AZ, then it's not necessary for me to go over there to look at it. I hope it doesn't affect my credibility with the FBI agent...:(

Everyone wants this pos caught, so sometimes we're going to get false alarms.

~Doc

JAM

Verified Member
Well, it's not surprising. If JAM has posted the ruse on AZ, then it's not necessary for me to go over there to look at it. I hope it doesn't affect my credibility with the FBI agent...:(

Everyone wants this pos caught, so sometimes we're going to get false alarms.

~Doc

No, no. Doc, you have done EXACTLY what is good for this situation.

You would be very surprised at the private messages I have received via email and private message and FB about this matter. Some folks are on the fence about it.

If it was me, I would do everything I could to help the FBI and police find a murderer. I think everybody is in agreement on this issue. :)

Thanks for the effort and all the work you and others are doing. Without you, this would be a very cold case.