Live New Hampshire one pocket

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I couldn't get it -- I guess I am not a member of that group. :(

Just click the 'Join' button, if you want to, and somebody will probably approve you inside of an hour.. That's what I did.. I'm a mod on several Facebook groups and have approved hundreds of people the same way. No biggie. I only watched a few minutes, but the pic is really sharp and clear to me.. I like it..

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Looks like it's over now. It was at Buster Billiards and also on their Facebook

I should have known that lol. There is a streamer Chris Freeman out of Busters and he has been doing sort of a "Friday night fights" with various local player challenges.

Thanks for sharing!

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I should have known that lol. There is a streamer Chris Freeman out of Busters and he has been doing sort of a "Friday night fights" with various local player challenges.

Thanks for sharing!

That was it and the stream and commentary was excellent. They have a list of player match ups scheduled for the next 4-5 weeks

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
OK not one pocket but I'm going to be doing commentary on a live stream of New Hampshire local game called "around the world" which is a variation of golf coming up right about now between two local players

https://www.facebook.com/cerclenational/videos/705968339804774/

Steve,

Watched the "around the world" video this evening, very interesting game that I had never heard, and your commentating was easy to understand what was going on.

I have often tried to think of how to play "golf" on a regular pool table, but could never come up with the solution. This game is very much like golf. I imagine, when played by 4-5-6 players it is a riot.

Some questions:

What is the typical betting range "

Do they not play "hickies" like the golf game (where you keep track of fouls and owe some extra $ for the total of your hickies)?

Can you post the rules to this game? I think I understood them all, but there may be more that didn't come up.

Do they have any variations, like maybe starting with a 9 ball or 6 ball rack? Could make it harder to run 6 holes and out.

Looks like a great gambling game, maybe as good as golf.

Thanks for showing it, is there a stream weekly we can watch?

Darrell:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve,

Watched the "around the world" video this evening, very interesting game that I had never heard, and your commentating was easy to understand what was going on.

I have often tried to think of how to play "golf" on a regular pool table, but could never come up with the solution. This game is very much like golf. I imagine, when played by 4-5-6 players it is a riot.

Some questions:

What is the typical betting range "

Do they not play "hickies" like the golf game (where you keep track of fouls and owe some extra $ for the total of your hickies)?

Can you post the rules to this game? I think I understood them all, but there may be more that didn't come up.

Do they have any variations, like maybe starting with a 9 ball or 6 ball rack? Could make it harder to run 6 holes and out.

Looks like a great gambling game, maybe as good as golf.

Thanks for showing it, is there a stream weekly we can watch?

Darrell:)
"Roundy" has some strange rules lol. And they have there own rules -- they pay no attention to the "standard rules of pool".

I've never seen any variations of 9 balls or 6 balls to start, but some of us sometimes play starting with only the 1-ball -- same rules the only thing is the first player to shoot has to start with a safety, then it is game on. Mike Dechaine has been stopping by the club I play at once or twice a month and I would not play him with all the balls on the table to start -- he would just run out lol. But I did play him with only the 1-ball, one game for 20 which I happened to win, and he didn't want to play another. This was like the first or second time he came into the club so he was pretty new to the game. I still felt like the underdog lol. But when he wouldn't play another, then for shits and giggles I offered to play him again for 50, and I would spot him the first pocket :D It was kind of a joke, but I would have done it, but he turned me down lol. I think if it came up now, after a having played the games a few dozen more times, he would say yes, and I would lose -- but it was fun to offer him a spot :D:D:D:D

No hickies -- basically no penalty at all for a scratch. Sometimes you even get to play one on purpose and it is good for a safety! Strange!!!

Remember, NH is a small state, and Manchester, the biggest city where I usually play, its not like there are world beaters in there. So the better players usually play somewhere between 5 and 100 a game -- 5 to 20 being the most common. And we all know each other too.

We almost never play three way -- almost always either singles or partners. Partners is real popular. We usually draw pills every game, so nobody feels like they are stuck with a partner they aren't keen on.

They have a website, and the rules are on there -- but be forewarned, most of the rules relate to the weekly league, which has amazingly been running continuously for 71 years now!!!! Crazy!!!

http://www.nhroundy.com/

I've been toying with a game, which I have yet to try, but which I think would be a lot of fun, and I would really like to try it. It's kind of my own idea for a variation of "Roundy" that I thought maybe people who liked "golf" might like, and I think it would work reasonably well on typical 9' tables.

1. Basically, start with only the 1-ball on the table, which is on the foot spot, shooter has ball in hand behind the head string.
  2. Object of the game is to make the 1-ball in each of the six pockets in order, starting with the lower right hand corner, and progressing around the table to the right hand side pocket
  3. Whenever the 1-ball is on the spot, you cannot shoot it directly into your pocket, you have to bank it for it to count
  4. If the 1-ball is off the spot you can shoot it into your pocket however you can get it there
  5. Every time the 1-ball goes into a pocket it gets spotted on the foot spot
  6. You don't go backwards with a scratch
  7. You win by pocketing the 1-ball in the 6th pocket, after you work your way around the other five :D

Who wants to try it ??

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Steve,

Looks like a very interesting game. I like your version also, which is a bit like one bal OP, except you take it all around the table.

I really like the golf game because in addition to singles, you can play with up to 7 guys, which is a ball. Lots of kibitzing and fun, of course if you get a guy in the game who doesn't understand or is too aggressive, he can ruin it.

I can't help but think, you add fouls (hickeys) to this game, require you to hit a rail, and maybe one or two other adjustments, you got golf on a pool table. We always played 10 dollar golf with 1 dollar hickeys, where with 6 or 7 players you could win 100-150 a game, but only lose maybe 20-25. Lots of fun.

I'm game to try this at the MOT, for sure.

Thanks

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve,

Looks like a very interesting game. I like your version also, which is a bit like one bal OP, except you take it all around the table.

I really like the golf game because in addition to singles, you can play with up to 7 guys, which is a ball. Lots of kibitzing and fun, of course if you get a guy in the game who doesn't understand or is too aggressive, he can ruin it.

I can't help but think, you add fouls (hickeys) to this game, require you to hit a rail, and maybe one or two other adjustments, you got golf on a pool table. We always played 10 dollar golf with 1 dollar hickeys, where with 6 or 7 players you could win 100-150 a game, but only lose maybe 20-25. Lots of fun.

I'm game to try this at the MOT, for sure.

Thanks
Sounds good! Hickeys would be an interesting add. That at least adds a small penalty to a scratch -- which otherwise can sometimes be no big deal if only the 1-ball is on the table.

I'd call it "Naked Roundy" or something like that :D