heres another one

bstroud

Verified Member
I playing the 14 off the 15?, hitting the edge ball of the stack and playing position on the 8 ball.

Bill S.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I playing the 14 off the 15?, hitting the edge ball of the stack and playing position on the 8 ball.

Bill S.
Yeah, that's the shot I was looking at (for Buddy). Depending upon how thin he has to cut the 14, he could either play shape for the 8, bank the 8 to his side, draw whitey into the stack, or miss the 8 and kick into the stack. the nice thing is that with the two balls clustered up on the opponent's side, the shooter is not in much danger of selling out anything.

~Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'd be trying to hide the CB and make sure not to hit the 8 ball into the balls tied up near his pocket.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0

baby huey

Verified Member
If you can hit the one ball, I would bank it cross side and float the cue ball up table and let him go nine feet for his safety. Nothing goes in his pocket and he's going to have to nurse or nudge a ball to execute a safety. Too much bad can happen shooting an in off early in the match especially when you might leave a bank or some shot where he can open his balls up and leave you in the stack. Force his hand, make him come up with return safety where he can't open any of his balls up.

boingo

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I would also take Rod's shot just because it reliably offers good cue ball position with offensive improvement to my side of the table.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I'd be trying to hide the CB and make sure not to hit the 8 ball into the balls tied up near his pocket.
Rod.

The line to combo bank the 2-15 and bury the cue ball on the 6/7 looks pretty good. The 2 ball goes 2-rails to Buddy's side, too.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
I would also take Rod's shot just because it reliably offers good cue ball position with offensive improvement to my side of the table.

Or (as usually happens for my opponents), you might luck in the 15, run long on your cue ball position and be forced to make the 14, followed by the 8 and five more.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'd cross corner bank the four ball combo into the eight ball and put whitey behind the two solids. If I hit it good, I'll freeze em on the back side of the 5 ball.

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
I like hitting the 2 ball into the striped ball with a little left. Sticking the rock to the stack and sending the 2 two rails to my side and the striped ball one rail to my side.
I think cross banking the 8 requires perfection. If you leak behind those 2 balls on opponents side you leave a cross bank. Of course Efren could probably do it. But I wouldn't.
I think leaving him stuck to the rack with 2 more soldiers on my side is the best for a response to a break.

backplaying

Verified Member
i would also go for rods shot here.

but would also especially against a weaker player look at hitting the two ball off the thirteen and banking it up and down and leaving it near my hole and having the thirteen go to my side and leave him in the top of the stack. this shot doesnt turn the cue ball loose.

This is the shot I like. It puts the 2 and 13 on your side and stick him in the stack. I like where the others balls are and wouldn't mess with them and take a chance of losing position.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i would also go for rods shot here.

but would also especially against a weaker player look at hitting the two ball off the thirteen and banking it up and down and leaving it near my hole and having the thirteen go to my side and leave him in the top of the stack. this shot doesnt turn the cue ball loose.

guys i know some of the wwyd i have posted lately arent very sexy
with creative incredible shots.....:eek:........:D
but its to show that sometimes the pros do play not so sexy shots......:eek:..........:heh....but effective
buddy did hit the 2 into the stripe sending the stripe to his side and burying the cueball on top of the stack
heres the shot and how he left it for efren
be2.jpg

be3.jpg

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
good morning to all...:)
something to start the day
View attachment 9928

I am late to the party -- again -- but what came to me was kind of a variation on Rod's shot. I was thinking of banking the 8 a little higher, looking for a tic off the other stripe on my side, and sending the cue ball up behind the stack.

why that instead of Rod's? good question. The area behind the stack is a bigger safety zone for one thing, and for another, I would certainly like to avoid Efren opening the little cluster of two balls near his hole that currently look like they don't go. I think with Rod's shot, Efren is most likely to skim and open them on his next shot if he can get the cue ball somewhere good.

Buddy's shot is okay, but in my opinion, that shot into the top of the stack is more for when I have real good threats in place ( or will have, as a result of my shot) and my opponent doesn't, or I don't have any other alternatives. I see alternatives here.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2014-05-09_07-53-04.jpg
    Greenshot_2014-05-09_07-53-04.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 0

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
guys i know some of the wwyd i have posted lately arent very sexy
with creative incredible shots.....:eek:........:D
but its to show that sometimes the pros do play not so sexy shots......:eek:..........:heh....but effective
buddy did hit the 2 into the stripe sending the stripe to his side and burying the cueball on top of the stack
heres the shot and how he left it for efren
View attachment 9930

View attachment 9931

I saw exactly that shot happening, but the return shot you'll ''Recieve :heh" is gonna hurt. You could corral the cue ball next.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
could you explain what you mean please??
thanks
I think what he means is that Reyes will just dink the 6-9-12 cluster, knocking a ball or two into play for him, and freezing the CB onto the 10-3, completely burying the CB into a "corral".

Buddy likes to shoot, so I'm surprised he didn't do something with the 8 or the 14; but he's played Efren before, so I'm sure he was attempting to leave him absolutely nothing he could shoot at. However this leave may not have worked out as well as he'd hoped...

~Doc

keoneyo

Verified Member
I think Buddy took the best shot here. From what it looks like Efren can bink that 6 ball combo but it doesnt look like it will spread favorably. In fact it might double up the ball on the rail allowing Buddy to go long and upstairs.
Buddy might also have an option to dink back and leaving Efren still in the stack or give Buddy a look at a cross bank to his hole. The big problem is that 2 ball cluster in front of Efrens hole. It blocks a lot of shots and he must find a way to break them.
Playing off the 8 ball requires some perfection and perhaps a caliber of Buddy could enact it but it still allows Efren to get a good bridge hand on the table and he might be able to come off that cluster in front of his hole to open it up and put you behind a ball on your side of the table. Buddys shot gives Efren nothing and puts the pressure in his court.
Id like to see how Efren responded to Buddys shot.