S. Cook vs. R. Griffis L.O.P. 1992

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
No score and Griffis to shoot. What would you do?

P.S. Cornbread co-commentates this match and he hands his mic to Bill Staton in the stands for a minute or two, also to Eddie "The Hat" Burton and then when Grady leaves the booth Mataya takes over. I have not finished watching the match so I do not know what other surprises await.

This is a relatively recent DVD conversion by AccuStats and it's nice to hear Red again:). As they watch a match on another table Cornbread refers to Lottsapapa as "Lollipop" and also as "Pop A Top":D.

rg2.jpg

rg3.jpg

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If there is clearance for the 4/8 combo, then that's what I'd shoot. Draw the CB above the 10 ball and leave myself a nice angle on the stripe that's situated on my long rail up near the side pocket.

If that shot was not available, I might thin the 10 into the 2 ball and try to freeze the CB on the head rail somewhere around the 1st diamond

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I might play the 5/10 combo trying to make the 14. That angle should allow me to draw back to the long rail and get behind the seven. Even if I mess as long as I am behind at seven I'm good shape, so the cue ball gets priority. Yes a scratch is a possibility so need to put a good draw stroke on it.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I may shoot the 15 straight on into the 2 and let the 15 carom off down towards my hole and stick the CB right on top of the 9 ball.

t-dog

Verified Member
No score and Griffis to shoot. What would you do?

P.S. Cornbread co-commentates this match and he hands his mic to Bill Staton in the stands for a minute or two, also to Eddie "The Hat" Burton and then when Grady leaves the booth Mataya takes over. I have not finished watching the match so I do not know what other surprises await.

This is a relatively recent DVD conversion by AccuStats and it's nice to hear Red again:). As they watch a match on another table Cornbread refers to Lottsapapa as "Lollipop" and also as "Pop A Top":D.

View attachment 14988

View attachment 14989

would anyone shoot off of the two, carom the 5 and go to the long rail behind the 8? I dont know this shot very well and need to practice it but, does anyone think that is even an option. I can hit everything perfect, on my computer though. lol

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
would anyone shoot off of the two, carom the 5 and go to the long rail behind the 8? I dont know this shot very well and need to practice it but, does anyone think that is even an option. I can hit everything perfect, on my computer though. lol
i think you are shooting at the wrong pocket
the ball you call the 2 i think is the 4
yes i think its doable but touchy

DickP

Verified Member
From
San Antonio, TX
Slam the 2 into the 9/1, carom off the 2 into the 5/10 combo, and hopefully get the cue behind the 7 - without scratching...

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I might play the 5/10 combo trying to make the 14. That angle should allow me to draw back to the long rail and get behind the seven. Even if I mess as long as I am behind at seven I'm good shape, so the cue ball gets priority. Yes a scratch is a possibility so need to put a good draw stroke on it.

i like this shot from mitch..
this is an alternative
griffis 1.jpg

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I guess you could also two rail the 7 and draw the cue back to almost where it is now.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
i think you are shooting at the wrong pocket
the ball you call the 2 i think is the 4
yes i think its doable but touchy

I watched this match recently. This was right after Cook's break. I think RBL has the pockets crisscrossed, but it's a good one, nonetheless.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I watched this match recently. This was right after Cook's break. I think RBL has the pockets crisscrossed, but it's a good one, nonetheless.

You are absolutely right JB, I just noticed it myself. I must be working too much OT.

Sorry everybody (hate wasting your time), time to kill this thread. Here's what Griffis did shoot, at the correct pocket:eek:.

rg shot.jpg

rg leave.jpg