Nemesis

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Jeff,

I think you would benefit from playing some one ball one pocket. Find an opponent that you play even with and play a few hours worth. It goes fast and you will soon learn alot about the end game.

It's also alot of fun.:)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Jeff,

I think you would benefit from playing some one ball one pocket. Find an opponent that you play even with and play a few hours worth. It goes fast and you will soon learn alot about the end game.

It's also alot of fun.:)

I wish I had someone to do that with (I may soon) but I think I'd like to try 3 ball. I feel like that might be an even better representation of a common end game. 6-6 seems to come up a lot.

FrenchAT

Verified Member
From
Augusta, Georgia
That sounds a lot like marvin

I was going to ask if that was Marvin Diaz. I dont know him but i watched that match with double J and I was very impressed. His banking and cue ball were light years ahead of me. Lets just say he wont be making it on my dance card anytime soon. lol

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I was going to ask if that was Marvin Diaz. I dont know him but i watched that match with double J and I was very impressed. His banking and cue ball were light years ahead of me. Lets just say he wont be making it on my dance card anytime soon. lol

Lou let the cat outta the bag... Yep, he is my nemesis!!! I can't beat the guy anyway, but I would have had a better chance if he hadn't made a ball on the break and ran out on me in that tournament, I finished just outta the money... He's a good player, and a good man, I was extremely proud of the way he played in the tournament... He played well in the early part of the 1st game against Joss Roberts, and he had him semi weak, but missed a couple of key shots late and let Joss steal that first game... He just gave up after that, you could see it, he was done...

pvclou

Verified Member
Nemesis

Sorry, Jeff. I hope I haven't stepped on your toes by naming names. Should have thought to write you a PM

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Everything Jeff has said about Marvin is true, nice guy and one hell of a player. Jeff I feel your pain. I think just reading your post the problem lies in the money, it puts you on the edge. The reason for my reasoning is you say "he won't play cheap". Barry Strickland has a saying that there is a number everyone is not comfortable with, be it the spot or the money.
I will be down at Bogie's on Christmas eve hope to see you.---Smitty