NYC tonight and tomorrow night

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Have a work meeting Monday and Tuesday so heading into Mid-town this afternoon. Looking to shoot pool tonight and tomorrow night if anyone is close by. Or has recommendations on where to shoot. I know I will be close to Amsterdam Billiards.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Have a work meeting Monday and Tuesday so heading into Mid-town this afternoon. Looking to shoot pool tonight and tomorrow night if anyone is close by. Or has recommendations on where to shoot. I know I will be close to Amsterdam

Bringing your game on the road I see...nice

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Have a work meeting Monday and Tuesday so heading into Mid-town this afternoon. Looking to shoot pool tonight and tomorrow night if anyone is close by. Or has recommendations on where to shoot. I know I will be close to Amsterdam

Bringing your game on the road I see...nice

I’ve been told I have the perfect stroke for the road 😂. I’m set now. Actually meeting a pool playing buddy I haven’t seen since college (29 years ago omg) at Amsterdam Billiards this afternoon.

youngstown

Verified Member

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Did you play Earl? I think he’s the house pro. I’m sure he’ll give you 10/7:)

Lol. Earl moved to Philly a year ago and plays at Fuscos. I asked him to play some Onepocket the first day he walked in and he answered in classic Earl voice.... “One Pocket! I’m tryin to get IN stroke... not outta stroke!” Hahha. Was very funny.

Erik

From
Lancaster, PA
I'm too busy with school or I'd play you some. I recommend Steinway Billiards in Astoria. You should be able to find some action there if you are looking. They have 3 tight gold crowns and a very tight Rasson table. Monday night will be busy there, as they have a weekly nine ball tournament, so you can probably find someone to play.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I'm too busy with school or I'd play you some. I recommend Steinway Billiards in Astoria. You should be able to find some action there if you are looking. They have 3 tight gold crowns and a very tight Rasson table. Monday night will be busy there, as they have a weekly nine ball tournament, so you can probably find someone to play.

Nice! I will try to go! Thanks Erik. Shame I have a work dinner or I would get in the 9 ball tourney as dead money.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

I have NYC trip in about two weeks. I haven’t been to Steinway in for ever.

brexit

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, GA
I travel to NYC quite a bit and always gravitate to Amsterdam.

Shaun (aka Alaska) is a top rotation player out of that room and has a decent one pocket game. He’ll play $100 sets and up.

I recommend you call the room and check he can play ahead of time because he runs a few of the leagues there which can limit his playing time.

FYI - I played in the Steinway Monday night 9-ball once and it ended at 7am.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I travel to NYC quite a bit and always gravitate to Amsterdam.

Shaun (aka Alaska) is a top rotation player out of that room and has a decent one pocket game. He’ll play $100 sets and up.

I recommend you call the room and check he can play ahead of time because he runs a few of the leagues there which can limit his playing time.

FYI - I played in the Steinway Monday night 9-ball once and it ended at 7am.

Thanks! Cory actually hooked me up with Sean last night and we may meet at Amsterdam tonight.

Lol on the Steinway. If you know the end time does that mean you were there till the end?? 7am is brutal 😂

Last edited:

brexit

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, GA
I made it to the final four on one side of the bracket at 2am and since there were still so many left on the other side I quit and let the guy I beat take my place.

We swapped email addresses and he emailed me at 7am saying that he just chopped!

I had to be in the office at 8am so made the right choice :)

Thanks! Cory actually hooked me up with Sean last night and we may meet at Amsterdam tonight.

Lol on the Steinway. If you know the end time does that mean you were there till the end?? 7am is brutal ��

brexit

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, GA
Btw, tell Sean that Elliot says hi!

Lol on the Steinway. If you know the end time does that mean you were there till the end?? 7am is brutal 😂

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Btw, tell Sean that Elliot says hi!

Will do. Sean actually got tied up with a straight pool match and I have been here playing Emily Duddy all night. What a treat. She is very sweet. And an excellent shooter!