Toledo Joe DVD deal

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Old time scuff, Toledo Joe Thomas has finally released his 1pkt DVD. Its been in the making for two years and I am the first one to have it available.

"At age 80, Toledo Joe Thomas has been hustling pool for more than 60 years and still plays high speed. Joe is finally revealing the secrets he discovered in half a century of playing champions like Cornbread Red, Minnesota Fats, Eddie Taylor and many of the greatest one pocket players who ever lived. The information in these DVDs enables intermediate players to win games against elite players, and better shooters can become dominant players. Joe's moves will put opponents at your mercy no matter how straight they shoot! This two DVD set has over 2 Hours of instruction covering, 70 Game Busting Shots, and the strategies to escape from difficult situations.
Viewers quickly learn to solve difficult situations that come up all the time. This jam packed 2 DVD set shows how to use Double Kiss Banks to control the cue ball. Beat opponents into submission using Threat Balls. Learn the Great Escape Getaway shot. Win from losing positions. Crush opponents with power moves. Find the exact aim to make caroms. Learn the winning strategies and upgrade your one pocket game.
Money players will pay for this DVD set in the first outing. Toledo Joe is a natural teacher who reveals powerful secrets unknown to all but a handful of players. When you apply this knowledge in your game, you'll see an immediate increase in your level of play."

This special Two Volume Set has over 2 hours of must see instruction on two discs.
To order call Freddy the Beard @ 773 956 6280 or online @ www.bankingwiththebeard.com.
$49.95

Special intro deal for forum peeps. Limited time, I will include a free copy of The Road Scholars DVD (retail $19.95) with every order. You must mention this offer in the "Comments" box.

Attachments

• Coverfweb (466 x 600).jpg
    Coverfweb (466 x 600).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 0

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
Fred-

I ordered the dvd. Thx for the availability. I had some trouble with direct p/pal method re. no refund policy sign off, but after several tries-got there.

thanks

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
3RAILKICK said:
Fred-

I ordered the dvd. Thx for the availability. I had some trouble with direct p/pal method re. no refund policy sign off, but after several tries-got there.

thanks
i had same problem
re: no refund sign off
never found a box to sign off on???:confused:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
It aint that hard

It aint that hard

lll said:
i had same problem
re: no refund sign off
never found a box to sign off on???:confused:

How you gonna find your pocket if you cant find the No Refund box?
It is right underneath the credit card info -- IN RED LETTERS, by the comments box.

Beard

Hold that thought. It depends if you clik on the PayPal button. I really dont know what happens when you do that. To the left of the PayPal button is a Send Order Secure button, where you give your credit card. That is the one for the above advice. Anyone can call me for help. 312 961 8888.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
freddy
pm me your pay pal account info
ill just send money direct for the dvd
i couldnt get around the no refund thing
fyi when you log into paypal
there is no box to click on like there is when you do the send order secure

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sample video clips

Sample video clips

lll said:
freddy
pm me your pay pal account info
ill just send money direct for the dvd
i couldnt get around the no refund thing
fyi when you log into paypal
there is no box to click on like there is when you do the send order secure

Got all the info, Larry . Stuff is on the way. Here are a couple of sample video clips from the DVD.

The Great Escape
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gMc5m0L2Eo[/ame]

2 rails up and down
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfh2_qO8zgY[/ame]

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Flame War Bump

Flame War Bump

Apparently the only way this thread is going to get any traction is to resurrect some of the talking points of the Flame War with ER. I cant even get anybody to ask, "Who the f*ck is Toledo Joe?"

Talked to Bobby Hunter (cuemaker/player) yesterday. Bobby lived in Harold Worsts' home town of Grand Rapids, MI., and grew up playing in the Golden Eight Ball of Grand Rapids, the twin to the Golden Eight Ball of Chicago. He confirmed all I cited about the inferior Worst tables. He said the tables had one piece imitation slate called Slatetine, sprayed gray to look like real slate.

Googled Slatetine and here is some of what I found:

Golden West mfg

9.) HOW IMPORTANT IS PLAYABILITY TO YOU? SLATE OR NON-SLATE?

Playability is one of the most important items in purchasing a quality pool table. Slate tables play the best. Imitation slate tables leave a lot to be desired. Tables with Slatetron, Slatetine, or Slateite should be avoided. These are tables that have a phony press-board bed incorporated within the pool table that is sprayed gray to make it look like slate. Do not settle for anything less!

Slate is the material mandated by the Billiard Congress of America for the constuction of pool table beds. Slate and slate alone.
Throughout the years various other materials have been tried, but none exhibited the consistency of levelness and stability from mass that this metamorphic rock possesses. Wood, "Slatetron", "Honeycomb", and any other non-slate material I've ever encountered have been vastly inferior in every respect to genuine slate; all being too lightweight, too soft and too crude a finish for any truly precision attempt at leveling.... Most billiard mechanics I know (myself included) will decline to recover or service non-slate pool tables.
My advice: save up to buy a real slate table or don't buy one at all. Best Regards,
Bo
B.J.'s Billiards

9. Playability is one of the most important items in purchasing a quality pool table. Slate tables play the best. Imitation slate tables leave a lot to be desired. Tables with Slatetron, Slateine, or Slateite should be avoided. These are tables that have a phony pressboard bed in the pool table that is sprayed gray to make it look like slate.

Is there a difference between "Slate" and "Slatetron"?
Yes! "Slate" is the preferred material for any billiard-style playing surface. "Slate" is a bluish-gray rock that naturally splits in broad, flat segments. "Slatetron" is NOT "Slate". "Slatetron" is a manufactured, resin-reinforced, wood fiberboard substitute for "Slate". We do not recommend "Slatetron" for anyone who wants to truly enjoy playing a game of billiards. Most pool table service providers will NOT work on "Slatetron" pool tables.

Should I buy a "One-Piece" or "Three-Piece" Slate Bed for my pool table?
... "One-Piece" slate is usually used in coin-operated pool tables where frequent cloth changes are required and speed of cloth change is considered more important than playability of the table. Virtually EVERY professional pool tournament is played on "Three-Piece" slate tables.

Slate core (you will not be surprised) is a thin layer of slate sandwiched between to flake boards. In theory, it keeps the composite boards flat. In reality, it's so pool table manufacturers can use "slate" somewhere in the description now that people have wised up to "slatetron".

Go with a good high quality slate. Imitation Slatetron or ply wood beds are never up to the standards of a good slate. Spend the extra $500.00 and you will get what you pay for.

Now back to the commercial:

Here are a couple of sample video clips from the DVD.

The Great Escape
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gMc5m0L2Eo[/ame] 2 rails up and down [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfh2_qO8zgY[/ame]

Attachments

• Coverfweb (466 x 600).jpg
    Coverfweb (466 x 600).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 0

crystal cue

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Apparently the only way this thread is going to get any traction is to resurrect some of the talking points of the Flame War with ER. I cant even get anybody to ask, "Who the f*ck is Toledo Joe?"

Talked to Bobby Hunter (cuemaker/player) yesterday. Bobby lived in Harold Worsts' home town of Grand Rapids, MI., and grew up playing in the Golden Eight Ball of Grand Rapids, the twin to the Golden Eight Ball of Chicago. He confirmed all I cited about the inferior Worst tables. He said the tables had one piece imitation slate called Slatetine, sprayed gray to look like real slate.

Golden West mfg

Playability is one of the most important items in purchasing a quality pool table. Slate tables play the best. Imitation slate tables leave a lot to be desired. Tables with Slatetron, Slatetine, or Slateite should be avoided. These are tables that have a phony press-board bed incorporated within the pool table that is sprayed gray to make it look like slate. Do not settle for anything less!

Slate is the material mandated by the Billiard Congress of America for the constuction of pool table beds. Slate and slate alone.
Throughout the years various other materials have been tried, but none exhibited the consistency of levelness and stability from mass that this metamorphic rock possesses. Wood, "Slatetron", "Honeycomb", and any other non-slate material I've ever encountered have been vastly inferior in every respect to genuine slate; all being too lightweight, too soft and too crude a finish for any truly precision attempt at leveling.... Most billiard mechanics I know (myself included) will decline to recover or service non-slate pool tables.
My advice: save up to buy a real slate table or don't buy one at all. Best Regards,
Bo
B.J.'s Billiards

9. Playability is one of the most important items in purchasing a quality pool table. Slate tables play the best. Imitation slate tables leave a lot to be desired. Tables with Slatetron, Slateine, or Slateite should be avoided. These are tables that have a phony pressboard bed in the pool table that is sprayed gray to make it look like slate.

Yes! "Slate" is the preferred material for any billiard-style playing surface. "Slate" is a bluish-gray rock that naturally splits in broad, flat segments. "Slatetron" is NOT "Slate". "Slatetron" is a manufactured, resin-reinforced, wood fiberboard substitute for "Slate". We do not recommend "Slatetron" for anyone who wants to truly enjoy playing a game of billiards. Most pool table service providers will NOT work on "Slatetron" pool tables.

... "One-Piece" slate is usually used in coin-operated pool tables where frequent cloth changes are required and speed of cloth change is considered more important than playability of the table. Virtually EVERY professional pool tournament is played on "Three-Piece" slate tables.

Slate core (you will not be surprised) is a thin layer of slate sandwiched between to flake boards. In theory, it keeps the composite boards flat. In reality, it's so pool table manufacturers can use "slate" somewhere in the description now that people have wised up to "slatetron".

Go with a good high quality slate. Imitation Slatetron or ply wood beds are never up to the standards of a good slate. Spend the extra $500.00 and you will get what you pay for.

Hey Freddy,who the f$%k is Toledo Joe? CC

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
By "popular" request...

By "popular" request...

[QUOTE=crystal cue]
fred bentivegna said:

Golden West mfg

Bo
B.J.'s Billiards

fred bentivegna said:
Hey Freddy,who the f$%k is Toledo Joe? CC

... to the other "hundreds" of players that had the same curious concern as you, I will make a reply.

Toledo Joe was an old time undercover scuff who, blah, blah, blah...

Beard

For more info send a PM.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
That's interesting Freddy. I didn't know it was sprayed gray to look like slate. Mr. Fels article talked about the tables at the Gold Piece Of Shit too. He said that a cue ball could be froze to the long rail and that you could roll it slowly up the rail and it would just fall into the side pocket if you didn't hit it too hard, so that settles it for me. I've played on all kinds of shitty tables all over in sports bars and gameroom type places where the only reason the place was open to run poker machines but I never saw a mess like that.....Where is Eddie? I found a case of books holding up my ****ing coffee table. Come back Eddie. We miss ya. Bad .. So bad so bad.....It's gonna take courage. C"est La Vie say the old folks. It's goes to show yoou never can tell...

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Geo Fels

Geo Fels

Jimmy B said:
That's interesting Freddy. I didn't know it was sprayed gray to look like slate. Mr. Fels article talked about the tables at the Gold Piece Of Shit too. He said that a cue ball could be froze to the long rail and that you could roll it slowly up the rail and it would just fall into the side pocket if you didn't hit it too hard, so that settles it for me. I've played on all kinds of shitty tables all over in sports bars and gameroom type places where the only reason the place was open to run poker machines but I never saw a mess like that.....Where is Eddie? I found a case of books holding up my ****ing coffee table. Come back Eddie. We miss ya. Bad .. So bad so bad.....It's gonna take courage. C"est La Vie say the old folks. It's goes to show yoou never can tell...

... and Geo Fels said that long before ER and my flame war erupted.

Beard

I found some gold bars used as cornerstones to hold up my building.
They were painted over too. I pulled them out and my whole house fell down.