Who Will Win the DCC One Pocket

baby huey

Verified Member
Ok guys, now is the time to rate your player's chances of winning the DCC One Pocket Event. I'm picking three:

1. Efren
2. Dennis Ocorllo
3. Alex

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Earl Strickland...:eek:...:D...:p

Don't think he is without a chance. He came very close against SVB a few years back and finished 2nd (I think). He didn't waste time moving much, just ran out.

Alex IMO is the best all around player if he is playing enough. Orcullo has had plenty of time to learn the game better, but has not, but still can win it with his pool sense and shot making abilities.

I think there is a big tournament in the orient at the same time so we may not see all the Filipinos.

My long shots are Corey Deuel ( if he quits inventing new shots) and Busty if he is there.

I don't thing the young guns are ready yet, but would love to see one of them get there.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Derby one pocket

Derby one pocket

Not necessarily in order...the top 5

Alex
SVB
Shannon
Scott Frost
Cliff Joyner (no shoulder problems)

I don't think Efren will make the top 5 this year... Even though he still plays top notch, his ball making is not the same....

B

PS I would have put Henderson in there, but don't know how much Jack I am going to feed him yet...LOL

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I may be a little early, but I predict big things for Biado. His CB looks almost as good to me as Efren's.

Another "maybe too early" is Bergman.

But first two choices are Alex and Scott.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Don't think he is without a chance. He came very close against SVB a few years back and finished 2nd (I think). He didn't waste time moving much, just ran out.

Alex IMO is the best all around player if he is playing enough. Orcullo has had plenty of time to learn the game better, but has not, but still can win it with his pool sense and shot making abilities.

I think there is a big tournament in the orient at the same time so we may not see all the Filipinos.

My long shots are Corey Deuel ( if he quits inventing new shots) and Busty if he is there.

I don't thing the young guns are ready yet, but would love to see one of them get there.

John....I think this is the interesting question nowadays - and I think maybe they do have a chance to do it...not the very youngest guys like Skylar..but I think young guns, Justin Hall, Justin Bergman, Josh Roberts and Joey Gray could possibly do it.

- Ghost

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Earl Strickland...:eek:...:D...:p

You laugh invisible one, but a few years ago Strickland put on a great shooting exhibition against Shannon to play SVB in the finals. SVB won but not from Strickland giving him all he could handle. The crowd ate it up.
Still my choices, drumroll...........
Steve Mora
SVB

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I would say Shane but Frost has a very solid record the past 6 or 7 years finishing in the top 8 if not top 3 or 4 nearly every year.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I think young guns, Justin Hall, Justin Bergman, Josh Roberts and Joey Gray could possibly do it.

- Ghost

How would you lay a bet for one of these four to finish
top four?

2/1 - 3/1 against?

John...that math is too tough for the old Ghost - makes my head dizzy...our resident perfessional's - Billy, Rod or Artie are the guys to ask to give you the line...:heh

- Ghost

PS, John...my math is so bad, I even think I could give you 10-8 at the DCC...:eek:...:D

Last edited:

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
Not necessarily in order...the top 5

Alex
SVB
Shannon
Scott Frost
Cliff Joyner (no shoulder problems)

I don't think Efren will make the top 5 this year... Even though he still plays top notch, his ball making is not the same....

B

PS I would have put Henderson in there, but don't know how much Jack I am going to feed him yet...LOL

I agree Billy....but Efren is still winning rotation tournaments as of 2014.

http://www.snookerclub.com/pool/efren-reyes-wins-the-2014-manny-pacquiao-international-10-ball.html

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I would say Shane but Frost has a very solid record the past 6 or 7 years finishing in the top 8 if not top 3 or 4 nearly every year.

If Scott's tournament game was as deadly as his gambling game, you have to put him up there with the favorites.

I would like to see him bring it home again.