alex scott 39

beatle

Verified Member
i dont have a clue what he would do but against mortal opponents i would send both those balls on the short rail away two rails over to my side of the table.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
for you guys who want to bank the 11 and hit the 9
based on the distance between the balls
what do you think is scotts success rate percentage wise would be ?
and what do you think your percentage would be ?
just askin ...:D

At the table, I might change my mind. But if the line to the 9 is at all on, then there's about a 6" wide target zone (from rail first to hitting the 9 mostly but not completely full) so I feel pretty confident.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
My shot was more of a safe with a ball close to my hole. If I make it it's a plus so I dont have odds on making it. My success rate on hitting the 9 ball is about 95 percent otherwise I dont shoot or adjust.. 3 yrs ago it was probably about 50/50, I have a much better idea where whitey is going now. IMO as the 9 is close to the rail it's pretty easy to hit it full.

My percentage is about the same for this shot and all others, 8%. Scott, 90%.

At the table, I might change my mind. But if the line to the 9 is at all on, then there's about a 6" wide target zone (from rail first to hitting the 9 mostly but not completely full) so I feel pretty confident.
cory i agree with you that if the carom angle looked "right"there is a high percentage of hitting the 9
john 95% accuracy from 50/50 is quite an improvement...congratulations....:)
well when watching the video with the distance involved i was impressed with the hit especially to get it to scotts side
(i am easily impressed ...:heh)
here is the shot and the result
alex scott 39 shot.jpg

alex scott 39 result.jpg

beatle

Verified Member
not my choice for sure. he could have scratched off the nine or double kissed and and left a straight in on the nine or kicked over for a easy runout starting with the 5.

so all he did was leave a bunch of possible shots and a few easy safes with no real advantage for him.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
this out comes seems very weak and allows alex to aggressively play safe imo
I agree! In choosing a shot I went with a defensive shot and where is the one place I would want to leave the cue ball. Jerry and I have it up against the 2 ball. This shot by coming off the 11, clears the 11 away so it can not be used by Alex to come back with a defensive shot, plus the 2 protects Scott's balls.
It is very critical that the cb gets up tight on the 2 as Jerry points out, otherwise we are starting a down table game. Whitey

Cory in dc

Verified Member
cory i agree with you that if the carom angle looked "right"there is a high percentage of hitting the 9
john 95% accuracy from 50/50 is quite an improvement...congratulations....:)
well when watching the video with the distance involved i was impressed with the hit especially to get it to scotts side
(i am easily impressed ...:heh)
here is the shot and the result

Good WWYD. he clearly didn't mean to hit the 9 ball that far over to the right. About 1/4 ball thicker and he would have been much happier. His OB also didn't come close to kissing the 6.

youngstown

Verified Member
alex scott 39

Skim the 11 on left side, cb goes to side rail and up tight against the 2. Whew, that was an easy shot, to start off a good year! Happy New Year!

Same here, maybe the stripe ends up in the straight back clog zone near his side pocket

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I agree with Pilot, 'a safe cracker touch'. The shot not worth a darn if not tight up on the 2. But, I can not follow youngstownkid logic, for to shoot a straight back on the 11 would be an extremely high risk. But then again these are both Pro's when considering each shot. Whitey