Shane vs. Justin

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
It would be nice to have the opportunity to watch a match like that, I would definitely learn something.

That said, Josh Robers and Cliff have been playing quite a bit in Atlanta lately. I continue to watch both ....closely.

On a side note, there has been quite a bit of mid to very high level action in Atlanta lately. I expect to see more marquee names float through in the near future.

Hardmix

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Leave it to Shane to go try to bust a guy on his home table at a discipline that's not his best. The kid is just fearless, abso****inglutely amazing work ethic.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
That match up should be worth the 3 hour trip over there. I'm glad Diamond Billiards is back up and running. What a horrible thing that happened. That room needs all our support whenever we can.

unoperro

Verified Member
Really sounds like a great deal for both players.
Justin gets to play where he is comfortable.
Shane gets to play another very talented player.

Everybody should learn something!;)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Real quick about the table besides being 4" pockets.. I have never seen another table play the way this does.. it is a really huge home court advantage.. I wish someone who know how could diagram this.... imagine your cue ball is near your corner pocket and the object ball is in front of it aiming directly for the first diamond on the end rail up table on your opponents side.. If you fire the ball at that diamond the ball comes backwards down table then back up and then back down to your hole.. I have never seen a table do this.. These guys can go to their hole from places you never thought possible on that table.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Real quick about the table besides being 4" pockets.. I have never seen another table play the way this does.. it is a really huge home court advantage.. I wish someone who know how could diagram this.... imagine your cue ball is near your corner pocket and the object ball is in front of it aiming directly for the first diamond on the end rail up table on your opponents side.. If you fire the ball at that diamond the ball comes backwards down table then back up and then back down to your hole.. I have never seen a table do this.. These guys can go to their hole from places you never thought possible on that table.

Sounds either short or wet (or short and wet!) if I understand you.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I saw a guy do this about 30 times in a row on a bar box--Valley. I never tried it because it was before I ever played One Pocket and I couldn't imagine what good it would do me to know this shot.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
The tables have been recovered and the pockets are 4 1/4. SVB and Justin are playing 6 ahead for 5k. Justin has won the first three games. He broke this game and the score of this game is now 6 - 5 Shane who just ran 5. Justin just made a nice cross corner bank and got shape but missed a ball he definitely should have made. 6 - 6 and SVB be playing safe. More later

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
The place got too smokey for me to hang out any longer. Justin got up three games and then they started trading one game back and forth. The last game I watched was very strange. Especially toward the end. Shane had a spot shot while needing, as I remember it, five balls. Justin, had six and one along the foot rail and very near his hole. I expected Shane to pocket the spotted ball and come around three rails for position on a ball up table, or possibly just cinch the spot shot and clear the ball near Justin's pocket. But NO, he elects to drive the cue ball toward the ball near Justin's pocket and sinks it, giving him seven. That ball could have easily been taken out on an subsequent shot.

That wasn't the end of it. Shane manages to get to seven with Justin and back and forth they go, banking close and playing safeties. Nether able to find the bottom of the cup. Justin finally butchers a safety giving Shane a cut at the game ball that any of us would lay 100 / 1 odds that he would make it. NO again. He over cuts it by a half diamond and the ball returns to within a diamond and a half of each rail to Justin's pocket. Justin can't believe it. He looked stunned and had to take plenty of time gathering himself. The shot had some length so it wasn't a gimmie but one he knows should be made every time. I think I heard some rhythmic pounding about this time and was wondering where that sound was coming from when I realized it was Justin's heart!

Well he got down on the shot, chin on the shaft, eyed the ball, and with everyone who had been paying any attention to this seemingly never ending game and wondering the same thing. If He misses this shot and eventually loses this game, he will be on tilt for the next couple hours.

But though Justin is a young player, he is also a seasoned player and he stroked the ball smoothly into the hole to recapture his three game lead.

This was the end of my day at Diamond Billiards, Cape Coral. Great place! They fixed it up nice for their grand reopening after the terrible incident which occurred a while back. I wish them great success and let them know they have one of the best looking rooms I've ever been in.

Tom

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The place got too smokey for me to hang out any longer. Justin got up three games and then they started trading one game back and forth. The last game I watched was very strange. Especially toward the end. Shane had a spot shot while needing, as I remember it, five balls. Justin, had six and one along the foot rail and very near his hole. I expected Shane to pocket the spotted ball and come around three rails for position on a ball up table, or possibly just cinch the spot shot and clear the ball near Justin's pocket. But NO, he elects to drive the cue ball toward the ball near Justin's pocket and sinks it, giving him seven. That ball could have easily been taken out on an subsequent shot.

That wasn't the end of it. Shane manages to get to seven with Justin and back and forth they go, banking close and playing safeties. Nether able to find the bottom of the cup. Justin finally butchers a safety giving Shane a cut at the game ball that any of us would lay 100 / 1 odds that he would make it. NO again. He over cuts it by a half diamond and the ball returns to within a diamond and a half of each rail to Justin's pocket. Justin can't believe it. He looked stunned and had to take plenty of time gathering himself. The shot had some length so it wasn't a gimmie but one he knows should be made every time. I think I heard some rhythmic pounding about this time and was wondering where that sound was coming from when I realized it was Justin's heart!

Well he got down on the shot, chin on the shaft, eyed the ball, and with everyone who had been paying any attention to this seemingly never ending game and wondering the same thing. If He misses this shot and eventually loses this game, he will be on tilt for the next couple hours.

But though Justin is a young player, he is also a seasoned player and he stroked the ball smoothly into the hole to recapture his three game lead.

This was the end of my day at Diamond Billiards, Cape Coral. Great place! They fixed it up nice for their grand reopening after the terrible incident which occurred a while back. I wish them great success and let them know they have one of the best looking rooms I've ever been in.

Tom
Thanks for the insight Tom!!

koldcash

Watched the whole thing....it was a blood bath.....Shane had no shot even with a new cloth(it will only get worse as the cloth breaks in) I personally don't see anyone in the world beating Justin on that home court. On a bright note, I ran into Tom Wirth and grabbed a copy of his book!

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Watched the whole thing....it was a blood bath.....Shane had no shot even with a new cloth(it will only get worse as the cloth breaks in) I personally don't see anyone in the world beating Justin on that home court. On a bright note, I ran into Tom Worth and grabbed a copy of his book!

Did they finish or are they continuing today?