An Excellent 15-Ball No-Rail Practice Drill

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
My ball pocketing skills and ball runs have risen significantly in recent weeks due to this practice drill given to me by a former European champion. The purpose of it is to improve body alignment and stability by forgoing the need for practice strokes. I'm not saying you should eliminate the practice strokes from your game altogether; Just do so during this practice drill.

Last year, I made some posture changes that almost ruined my game. So, I've been spending a lot of time undoing the damage while staying away from any serious action. People kept asking me why I've been keeping a low profile; I never really bothered to explain.

Your confidence level will go sky high as a result of this drill. I've finally allowed myself back into $200-$300/game action and did exceedingly well against a road player from MO last weekend in Ft. Lauderdale, and also against a local player last Wednesday in Palm Beach.

Here's the link to the drill:

https://www.facebook.com/Alloutpool/videos/1401549913278712/

Here's a variation in which balls are run in rotation. (Rails allowed):

https://www.facebook.com/Alloutpool/videos/1398209516946085/

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
The purpose of it is to improve body alignment and stability by forgoing the need for practice strokes.
I practice like this sometimes (although never with drills - don't have the patience) - I call it one-stroking. It's done wonders for my stance and preshot routine.

pj
chgo

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Great position play, Rock. It takes pinpoint accuracy to get po' without use of the rails.

You must be known as the "Video Man" at your local room....:)

~Doc

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
Believe it or not, they had been calling me 'Practice Pete' for a while because I had steered clear of action for a while. But then the $200-$300/game storm came, and so did their dead silence.

I went as far as to print some 'Practice Pete' jerseys. There's nothing better than laying low.

Great position play, Rock. It takes pinpoint accuracy to get po' without use of the rails.

You must be known as the "Video Man" at your local room....:)

~Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Believe it or not, they had been calling me 'Practice Pete' for a while because I had steered clear of action for a while. But then the $200-$300/game storm came, and so did their dead silence.

I went as far as to print some 'Practice Pete' jerseys. There's nothing better than laying low.
BTW, do you vary the pattern at all in the drill, or do you attempt to use the same pattern every time?

Your layin' low until you sprang into action puts me in mind a little of our erstwhile poster Onepockethacker (Rob). Must be something in that Florida water...:cool:

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
BTW, do you vary the pattern at all in the drill, or do you attempt to use the same pattern every time?

Your layin' low until you sprang into action puts me in mind a little of our erstwhile poster Onepockethacker (Rob). Must be something in that Florida water...:cool:

~Doc

i never saw melrose laying low
he quit pool i think because there was no action
rob
if you read this
i hope life is good....:)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

i never saw melrose laying low

he quit pool i think because there was no action

rob

if you read this

i hope life is good....:)

I spoke with him recently. He is doing great and kicking a$$ in his new job.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
What's his new job?

Larry, Rob may not have laid low much, but he sure as hell snuck up on a bunch of guys...:D

But if he's given up pool, that explains why he hasn't posted in so long. I hope he's doing great!

~Doc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

What's his new job?

Larry, Rob may not have laid low much, but he sure as hell snuck up on a bunch of guys...:D

But if he's given up pool, that explains why he hasn't posted in so long. I hope he's doing great!

~Doc

Something in advertising. I’m happy for him too.

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
The video shows two runs, each with a different pattern.

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Good to hear!!

Hate to see him quit pool though considering he was/is probably our best 1 hole player that's a member isnt he? If not he is surely among the top, hope he comes back around and posts in some WWYD's again!