S. Daulton vs. R. Saez 2012 D.C.C.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The 6 cross corner is the most conservative shot. Nothing wrong with it. You wont leave much if you miss. You also wont have much if you make it.

If the 7 ball was a 1/2 in. or 1 in. more over to the right, the 7 ball straight back would be an automatic pick. You would bank that ball and play position by either stopping for the 6 cross corner or roll forward toward the 3 ball cluster at the table head.

The aggressive choice, banking the 7 straight back right from where it sits, and rolling forward toward the cluster for a big chance to go all the way out, is not a bad option at all. Just a matter of how you might feel at the time.

Knowing Shannon, I would guess that he took the aggressive route, even tho he much prefers to bank straight backs to his left side.

Also, knowing the Kentucky bankers, if he did shoot the 7 he probably didnt follow it, but used either draw or center ball. Only top Chicago bankers are comfortable using follow on bank shots for position. Following the cue ball into a "death zone" requires a slight tensing of the jaw and a tightening of the old bung hole.

Beard

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
The 6 cross corner is the most conservative shot. Nothing wrong with it. You wont leave much if you miss. You also wont have much if you make it.

If the 7 ball was a 1/2 in. or 1 in. more over to the right, the 7 ball straight back would be an automatic pick. You would bank that ball and play position by either stopping for the 6 cross corner or roll forward toward the 3 ball cluster at the table head.

The aggressive choice, banking the 7 straight back right from where it sits, and rolling forward toward the cluster for a big chance to go all the way out, is not a bad option at all. Just a matter of how you might feel at the time.

Knowing Shannon, I would guess that he took the aggressive route, even tho he much prefers to bank straight backs to his left side.

Also, knowing the Kentucky bankers, if he did shoot the 7 he probably didnt follow it, but used either draw or center ball. Only top Chicago bankers are comfortable using follow on bank shots for position. Following the cue ball into a "death zone" requires a slight tensing of the jaw and a tightening of the old bung hole.

Beard

Thx, I thought they were playing 9 ball rotation.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I like shooting the 7 here and coming down for the 8. I like hitting that bank with high because a high ball doesn't grab the ob very much. I think the angle will come off very natural. Those acute angles like that need to be pocketed I think, especially if you are right on top of it.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
7's got enough room. Anything else appears to only make things more difficult. Based on his choices from other games, he may have gone ahead and done it 2 in the other side.. but I'll stick with the 7 one time.

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
Here is what I would try. None of the shots are overly difficult to pocket, and none of them require too much CB movement.

Attachments

• jkjkllll.PNG
    jkjkllll.PNG
    490.7 KB · Views: 0

John Brumback

Verified Member
Missing here, should never enter your mind.There's two shots..the 6 cross corner which is what I would shoot or the 7 straight back to his right.Either one is about 60 to 70 % make for a good player,imo.With these easy type banks I don't think you should worry about missing and go all out to make the shot.Damn the torrpedos,full steam ahead.quote from some french dude,I think.:lol Least that's the way I try to play in them short races and short rack.I think I was In with SD on this match and I think I watched this match:mad::lol Play well. John B.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I believe it was the captain of the Lusitania who said that:p.

P.S. I didn't know SJD made the 2012 DCC

RBL

I dunno, all I know is I woulda shot sumpin' !...John.Broombunker is my croach, so the pockets are much BIGGER !...:D

Banger McDuck <--Future HOF, 'Banker Extrodinaire'...;)...Plus, the Duck is working on his new book..."Banks That Shoulda Gone, But Might Not"...Sure to make Oprah's 'Best Seller' list..!

PS.. I fully expect legal action, from noted [sic] author, Mr. Fred Bragaventeria (sp) who somehow thinks his 'similar title'.."Banks That Might Go, But Don't"... is worth buying...:sorry :lol :lol :lol....But, fear not, I have retained Mr. Eddie Robbin, (worlds second greatest banker) as my legal advisor...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member

P.S. I didn't know SJD made the 2012 DCC:confused:.

RBL

Ha,I knew you would go run and google that.:p

Am I allowed to call you a moron too? SD= Shannon Daulton!!:eek:
:D:p:lol John B.

PS: we had a little saver.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I dunno, all I know is I woulda shot sumpin' !...John.Broombunker is my croach, so the pockets are much BIGGER !...:D

Banger McDuck <--Future HOF, 'Banker Extrodinaire'...;)...Plus, the Duck is working on his new book..."Banks That Shoulda Gone, But Might Not"...Sure to make Oprah's 'Best Seller' list..!

PS.. I fully expect legal action, from noted [sic] author, Mr. Fred Bragaventeria (sp) who somehow thinks his 'similar title'.."Banks That Might Go, But Don't"... is worth buying...:sorry :lol :lol :lol....But, fear not, I have retained Mr. Eddie Robbin, (worlds second greatest banker) as my legal advisor...:rolleyes:

Hey buddy,are you one of them non-believers too? I'll fix that when we do our lesson.Untill then,I would prefer you to call me MR,Brooombacker:eek::p

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
I can't help it.

I can't help it.

P.S. I didn't know SJD made the 2012 DCC:confused:.

RBL

Rear Admiral David Farragut, during the Battle of Mobile Bay, August 5, 1864. Below is a recruiting poster from WW1 poster depicting the occasion. Farragut had climbed into the rigging to get above the smoke from the guns for a better view of the battle in order to direct his ships. The Captain of the Admiral's flagship sent a sailor aloft with a rope to tie the Admiral off to prevent a fall (not as an indication he intended to go down with his ship as was reported).

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Ha,I knew you would go run and google that.:p

Am I allowed to call you a moron too? SD= Shannon Daulton!!:eek:
:D:p:lol John B.

PS: we had a little saver.

Dear Mr. CatfishBreath,

Due to my eyes & the alcohol at that time of night I thought you wrote SJD.

Tha captain of the Lusitania was a joke:p. The Lusitania was sunk by german torpedoes during WW1:(.

P.S. CatfishBreath, if you had been paying attention either time you were in the 7th grade you would've known about the Lusitania.

RBL

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
Dear Mr. CatfishBreath,

Due to my eyes & the alcohol at that time of night I thought you wrote SJD.

Tha captain of the Lusitania was a joke:p. The Lusitania was sunk by german torpedoes during WW1:(.

P.S. CatfishBreath, if you had been paying attention either time you were in the 7th grade you would've known about the Lusitania.

RBL

Either time?:eek: What you talikng about Willis,I never failed a grade,Sir Cowboy.But I might have been drawing up some pool shot or sometin:For some reason I didn't care much about some ole frickin war:p lol John B.

PS: sorry I missed the joke though:mad: