Cliff Vs Sambajon Game 5

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
If I can see the 9 I am banking it to my side keeping my rock covered, if not and I can see the 3 I am crossing that and getting cover, if I cant see the 3 I am thinning the 10 and getting cover, if I cant see that then... fuggedaboutit!

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Z the 2 up table and follow with draw to Cliff's side uptable? Keep the cb behind the 8 up there and it shouldn't leave too good a combo or too easy a clearing shot.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Knock the three uptable and lay the cue on the rail by Sambajon side pocket or like Lenny said if you can see the 9 ball bank it over firmly and leave the cue stuck to the side rail again near the Sambajon's side pocket.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
androd said:
:) :p :D
Rod.
PS. I know what you meant, couldn't help myself.

Doh.. yeah, don't know wtf I was thinking. Long week of car problems(and fixes), moving, cleaning, etc. Waking up early(7:30am!) for work today didn't help any. But, at least I did get to play until almost 2am last night.. that's all that really matters, right? ;)

As Old(er) Man Duck might say, I bank so I follow my counterintuition a little too often.

Sounds like all the ducks in Arizona had a pretty good time over the weekend. :D

treeMan

Verified Member
Good for Cliff that he made that. However, as a learning exercise, I would like to hear the following from the great (and average:) ) players on here.

In a situation like this, where:

- I have more balls than I can shake a stick at near my pocket and they are lying open
- There is no threat by the oppo's pocket and there are many balls I can play off of

Where is the BEST place to leave the cueball, to prevent the oppo from playing safe back or clearing out my pocket? On the end-rail? the side rail? below or above the side pocket? Near the oppo's pocket? Why:) ? Of course it will be relative to this particular situation but situation's repeat.

I believe where Cliff left the cueball would not be ideal if he didn't make one. It's out in the open.

tree

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
treeMan said:
I believe where Cliff left the cueball would not be ideal if he didn't make one. It's out in the open.

tree

Well he didn't know it was gonna be out in the open. He thought the balls would be all around his pocket. :D Somehow one went in. It happens. :)
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Miller said:
i'm assuming he got out from here. curious as to what order he did it in?
combo 13 into the 10
2 ,13,6(eded up on the short rail after shooting the 2),9 ,11

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
treeMan said:
Good for Cliff that he made that. However, as a learning exercise, I would like to hear the following from the great (and average:) ) players on here.

In a situation like this, where:

- I have more balls than I can shake a stick at near my pocket and they are lying open
- There is no threat by the oppo's pocket and there are many balls I can play off of

Where is the BEST place to leave the cueball, to prevent the oppo from playing safe back or clearing out my pocket? On the end-rail? the side rail? below or above the side pocket? Near the oppo's pocket? Why:) ? Of course it will be relative to this particular situation but situation's repeat.

tree

Since the 3 ball doesn't go I don't think this as open as you think.....

He has a strong chance of making a ball shooting the bank the way he did and left no shot---> so what's not to like????

That being said,
If you want to play as though the ball wasn't gonna go in I would send my rock all the way to the end rail as frozen as you can get. It's allot harder to clear the balls jacked up on the rail.

Dud