How Do Tou Learn To Think

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
By taking the time figuring out how too do i

You didnt get a brain not too think.

And thinking doesnt hurt at all.

If someone wants too set up shoots and diagrams after I explain what the should practice and learn. It would be a big help.

And it will be easier too see and understand. THen Reading a language that isnt out yet.

Breacking uo balls. And figuring out were they go. And were you should hit the balls to get the resulte you are looking for.

And learning to play position off off one or two balls. And playing position after hitting a ball and contacting other balls were is the cue ball and object balls going.

WE will start withthe easy ones first. If you are close to two balls and you are shooting at one ball and then contacying another ball. Can you figure out were the cue ball is going.

And were you want the cue ball too go after coming off the ball?

I dont ever see anyone practicing this. And the caeom is very important were the cue ball contacts the second ball and what angle.

A full contact or a thin conyact will bring completly different results.

And playing one pocket is very important were you hit the second ball to make it go were you want it too go.

I dont think players realy do that or practice it. On easy and natural shote the no because some shots thier is hardly anything different that can happen.

But when two balls ate close to each other. You have to learn and no what can be done and what cant be done.

The only way you learn that is by doing it. And rhen you will see if you can do it.

Its not simple. And thier are a lot off different things you can do. Wuth speed and English. And when you breack up two balls learn what happins and were they go.

Dont just shoot and breack the two balls up without figuring out whats going too happen. And were the balls are going.

It all takes time and practice. And the wrong position or angle can give your opponent another chance too win.

Knoweing were the cue ball and object ball is going is a practice and learning prosses. And will be a big help . Especialy for a good player. If you learn it And learning what to do and how too shot the shot.

And if thier aretwo or 3 balls too breack up figure out the best angkle to breack them up. And were the balls and cue ball is going.

Guessing wont help. And just breacking up theballs wont help.
Everyone does that. But knoweing were the balls are going and the cue ball. And why you want them too go thier.

THats a lot too learn. And let up a shot for a good player and 2 or 3 balls tide up and ask them how is he going too breack the balls up and why and were are the balls going and the cue ball.

And were does he have to contact the object ball to get the correct resule.
were he wants the cue ball and object balls to go.

And players realy dont no because they never learned it. The might be able too tell you on a simple shot. But ask any champion and dont ecplain too him what you no.

And listen too thier answers and you will see that they dont no. Because they never learned it. Even banking a ball and comeing off the object ball and the rail.

But learning and understanding what you are doing will help your game. And if you leaern this you will be a better player. And you will learn how to play position.

Shooting a ball and breacking up balls and how to breack up the balls. and howe you have to hit the second ball too get position.

And its not easy too do. And you will learn howe to breack up clusters and how hard or soft too hit the balls so the open up real nice were you can run all the balls.

But tell you learn how too do it you will be a banger and a guesser. And breacking the balls ip the wrong way. And not knoweing were the cue ball will end up.

CAn lock you up instead off running out. People need too learn this too be a good player. KNoweing what you are doing and keeping conyrol off the game. Is your goal.

This is for the champions too. And if you dont think this way then learn it. Andv people will sat they do this too. But they dont and I told you howe you test them.

And by thier answer you will no if the no how too do it or thier just talking.

Tell them too show you . And dont give away your whole card check them first. Because if you ask them how are they going too breack the balls up and were are the balls and cue ball going.

You are helping them to think about how they are going too do that.

You can start off easy and ask them when the balls breack up what are the going too shoot next? And were is the cue ball going.

And the tough qouistions why are they doing what they are going too do. Listen to thier reason. If thier is no answer they just dont no.

And another give a way they dont no they will get right up thier and shoot.
And iit takes time too look and figure it out.

ITs not as simple as stoping the cue ball to shoot the next ball straight in the pocket. Its not all figured out. Its not all cut and dry tell you figure it out.

And you just cant shoot and then think that you figured it out. Just like a hard math problem it takes time too figure it out.

Ihope this helps your game. And I no it will. If nthing else you will learn from this.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Artie
ill go back and try to read your post
BUT when i see most of my screen as a post i thinnk of a wind bag
i know there are pearls somewhere in there but if you dont learn how to sepaarate you posts

you keep losing listeners

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
lll said:
Artie
i know there are pearls somewhere in there but if you dont learn how to sepaarate you posts

Teaches you how to think III.;)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
Artie

I will give you a short example.If someone plays pool for 20 years and still cant make a ball. Are you going too tell them to start making balls?

And I wright what I no and have done. And If I seen someone put in all the time and effort in explaining theb game. .

I dont think I would say anything. Because how many people would put all that time and effort into explaining the game.

I would read what they wright If I like it or can learn something. Or I would just leave it alone. Because the worst thing you can do is too critizize people.

It does not do anything too me because how I have tought my self too think. And I just let it go.

But you might think what I am going to say is not true or a lecture. But maybe you can might just understand it. .

And Critazizum is the worst thing you or a parent can do to another person or your wife or children. Because it showes rejection.

Belive it or not. And if you have any dought ask someone who is qualified to answer the qouistion and see what they say.

Critazizum is not very nice. And the important thing too me is to give my answer. Weather you read it or belive it or dont like it. Or its wrote terrable. THe answer is not me but within youself.

You have a choice to read it or pass it buy or ignore it alltogether. But its you that has the issue.

If you dont like what I say or you dont like my spelling you are making the choice too read it or not.

I cannot make you read it or not read it.

Lots off TV programs or papers are not lookt at or read because pwople dont like what they are reading or they dont like the TV program.

Snd the watch another program or read something else or even do something else.

Or if you want too you can wright a lot more or talk about a pool game or Take a warm bath and relax. Or listen too musice.

Because if I dont like what I am reading or doing or whatever it is that I dont like.

I will do something different wright away why do something you dont like.

I guess thats why I never had a job. Because people have too put up with that crap because if they dont they will be out off a job.

But if something aggrevates you or you dont like what some one says or does. Do something didderent. And thats why we all have a mind And we can do whatever we want.

Since I have been on the site I have never said how poor some ones spelling or sentences are. Or how dumb the are.

Or what they should do or wright.
let people eat what they want go too bed when they want and wright what they want.

Learn what you can and dont criteziez or pick on a persons weaknesses or tell someone what to do or how to do it because that does not woek.

And all you will do with another person is start a fire. And some people will feel like you dont like them and hurt thier feelings.

Do you think someone will change because off what you say. That they have herd a thousand times and known thier whole life.

THe only one it is acecting is You. And thats what I mean when I say you are giving your power away too the other person.

Because it afects you not them. But some people could get affected very much by what you say.

And get very angry and up set. Nowe look what happened.

Now the war has started and niether side will give in or defuse it.
And ut gets worse and worse tell the anger and hatred goes into a rage.

I hope you can see that. And see that nothing gets acomplished and things just build up and get worse.

And if you think what you are doing is the thing too do then at least do it in private.

But I have no anger or betterness twords you. But other people wont just let it go. And who do you think started the fire?

If I realy would want to get something accross too some one. THat I realy would like them to change.

I would do it in a way different and understanding way. Were they might change by how say it. Just like my children. If I wanr them to do something or realy listen to me.

I put iy in a understanding way. And what I learned is to waite when the are in a good mood not when the are angry or upset. Or shut down and wont listen.

I never demand or yell or tell them I am the parent you are the child. THey no that they herd it a hunderd times.

They no you and what you like and dont like. And how to act or what too say and what they can do and get away with.

They have tested you a million times sice they were born.You think that dont no what you are going to say.

THey can resite what you are going to say. They no a big smile and a lot off PLease Please Please you will give in.

If you dont guess what they go to the mother and do the same thing. And if both parents do not support each other.

And the mother gives in. Who do you think won. The child wins the parents loose.

And the parents just reinforced the childs manipulation and the chuld learn what to do to get his way.

THe parents must support each others decision if not it will never work. And the child did not learn the real lession.

But thanks for listning and if you winth to bed after the first sentence at least you got something thats better then nothing.

Skin

Verified Member
That's good advice, Artie.

You also need to know where everything is going when you're trying to sweep balls from his side. Any kind of a double kiss and you may be dead. You have to find an angle where all the balls will go in different directions. If you get two balls or the cb and a ball traveling on converging paths, you usually made a BIG mistake that is going to cost you. I learned that one from experience.

I also think a very important 1p skill is precise speed control. At games like 9b, there are only a few speeds you have to have control of because that is all that is usually needed. At 1p, you have to be in control of many, many different speeds. On long shots/moves especially, this is as critical as the angle you pick. You can carom the cb on the correct line, but by stopping short or long you can completely destroy what would have been a great safety and leave your man a shot or out.

I am just now starting to get enough experience that I am learning what I need to know to get better. It is a very tough process, but as long as you know where you are ignorant, you at least have a shot at correcting it with knowledge. If you don't know what you don't know, however, you've got no shot at all except blind luck.

Skin

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
That's good advice, Artie.

You also need to know where everything is going when you're trying to sweep balls from his side. Any kind of a double kiss and you may be dead. You have to find an angle where all the balls will go in different directions. If you get two balls or the cb and a ball traveling on converging paths, you usually made a BIG mistake that is going to cost you. I learned that one from experience.

I also think a very important 1p skill is precise speed control. At games like 9b, there are only a few speeds you have to have control of because that is all that is usually needed. At 1p, you have to be in control of many, many different speeds. On long shots/moves especially, this is as critical as the angle you pick. You can carom the cb on the correct line, but by stopping short or long you can completely destroy what would have been a great safety and leave your man a shot or out.

I am just now starting to get enough experience that I am learning what I need to know to get better. It is a very tough process, but as long as you know where you are ignorant, you at least have a shot at correcting it with knowledge. If you don't know what you don't know, however, you've got no shot at all except blind luck.

Skin

You are not ignorant. Nothing about you is ignorant and thats not you.

You are doing the wright thing practicing playing and learning. Nobody can do any more.

It takes time and patence to learn how too play good. And dont beat yourself up. Working on your game.

And reaching your goal too become the player you want too be. All you can do is give it all you got.

And hang in thier and never give up. Keep learning and playing. And always give it your best.

And Remember we can only do what our ability alowes us too do. WE cannot perform magic. Keep doing what you enjoy thats pool. And if you dont reach your goal

Its not because you didnt try. And its not youre fault. In life we can only do what our ability and mind lets us do.

It wasant your faulte. Thier are millions off people every day trying too do something the love to do or be good at.

But we can only do what we have the ability to do. I would love to hit home runs like Barry Bonds .or Play golf like tiger woods. Or play basketball like Michale Jorden.

Or shoot like Efren Rayes Or be the best running back in football. But I have to face reality and I can only be what my ability is. And thats why we are all different .

Because we can do somethings and cant do others. We are good at one game but not in a nother game. But whatever we no and do is what makes us whp we are.

Dont ever beat yourself up and call yourself names. THats not you. And this is what I tell myself. I am me. And I respect myself. Butting youself down does not help you.

Love yourself and respect yourself. And then you will be able too do the same with other people.

You are number one. Dont pick or choose anyone over you. Keep playing and learning and try different things too help your game.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Re: losing listeners-

You have to learn HOW to read his posts. (yes, rare/wierd these things).

I told myself one day after I saw him here that knowledge and expression of knowledge are two different things. EXAMPLE: How many of you can hum a melody, and maybe even embellish a tad-But can't play it on a piano/guitar/etc?

I scoffed at his posts once upon a time, then realized that you don't have to BE intelligent to SPELL intelligent. Which is reciprocal-You don't HAVE to be able to SPELL intelligent to BE intelligent.

I personally want in in writing the way and the order it comes to him, once you gain a feel for his writing it is fine.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Artie,
i went back and read your first post and the rest in this thread
as always you have great advice.

no question the skill of knowing where all the balls are going and controling them is an important skill in one pocket

just like when after the break if you can come off the side rail into the stack to move balls to your side you cant just blast away
you need to decide where in the stack you want to hit and at what speed
and study how the balls will spread

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
im continuing my post now to break it up so its not that long

it should be easier to read

i was not critisizing you above

just making a friendly suggestion

just like when people suggested separating the lines in your post

it was not criticsism

but a friendly suggestion

i think you would gain readership if the length of your posts were shorter

thats just my opinion

maybe you make it difficult so that only the motivated persevere:)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
im continuing my post now to break it up so its not that long

it should be easier to read

i was not critisizing you above

just making a friendly suggestion

just like when people suggested separating the lines in your post

it was not criticsism

i think you would gain readership if the length of your posts were shorter

thats just my opinion

maybe you make it difficult so that only the motivated persevere:)

If I follow all the directions and do what people want me too do. The next thing they will tell me is what to wright.

And the greatest lession I learned was with my children. WAs to let them tie thier shoes or let them but on theier shirt or dress.

No matter how they so it. They learn by them doing it no matter how they do it. Dont do it for them let them do it thier way.

And they will learn a lot faster and how too do it. When people get older they dont want too go through the learning prosses like when they were younger.

THey have done that long enough and modt older people will do it thier way because thats what they want too do and have no problem doing it that way.

And I learned if people dont want too change leave thenm alone quire trying too change them. Its not going too work.

Because if the oerson does not want too change. He will cintinue doing what he is going no matter who says what.

And your way could be correct and a better way off doing it. But they have done it for so long that is them and thats how they will do it.

Just like people who smoke they no its no good for them they no its no good for thier health. Are they going to stop. No They will countinue doing it thier way.

And thats for a lot off things in life weather its drinking or over eating or drugs or arguing.

People are people and they will keep doing the same thing.

Maybe because the like it whatever they are doing or they dont want to change or give it up because its part of them and tier life.

And they choose too be that way. No matter who says what. The feel ok with what they are doing or they wouldnt be doing it.

JUst like in pool some people just want too play pool and enjoy it. They dont care if the get better or improve.

THey just want too play pool. And thats thier enjoyment playing pool they dont have too be a good player.

If they want too see a good player all they have too do is go and watch a good player play.

And they dont mind that thier not the good player. They are satisfied with what they are doing. They could be more content then the champion.

If you want to get your point accros its ok. Say it once or twice if you see the person does not want too do what you are saying. let it go its not going too happen.

And I appriciate you taking the time too ell me. And I will even say its way better then how I am doing it. But this is how

I have been doing it and doing something different can change your whole thinking prasses.

And that is realy want I want to think about and do. I no I am not going to be no english major. And I just want to wright what I no and what I enjoyed.

I never liket school because it didnt make sense too me why have people do something they dont like doing. Weather it is good or bad. And I am her like everyone else no different excepte what we no.

WE are all her doing our time tell our time is up. And the sad part is that all the poor and old and even the children get the worst off it. Even all the programs and benifits get taken away.

Sp all the rich familes that own everything get richer. The have everything already. So something for the people who need help. JUst like the wars going on.

Is it realy a war or is it big buisness. Take a good look and you will see who is making all the money off the war. They war when its over will soulve nothing. But the people who made thje money and got richer.

And the people dont see it and never have. Because thier too bussy working and suporting thier family.

I am sad too say that the rich damiles own everyting including the goverment.

And they are they people who are the bosses and tell the goverment what too do.