Kisses on the cross rail bank shot...

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
If there's one thing that I find frustrating it's the little cross banks where a kiss occurs. I happens way more than I like, and sometimes I'll sell out a ball, or two.
Are there reliable ways to avoid the kiss? :)

beatle

Verified Member
basically you have to get the cueball to be where it isnt when the kiss would occur. that means hitting force follow or left or right english. practice will give you a better idea of which to use and when.

most times if the cueball could be shot directly into the pocket where the object ball is there is no kiss or an easy one to beat.

also on some of those straight back banks down near the short rail you can draw the cueball to the rail and let the ball pass above it.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
If there's one thing that I find frustrating it's the little cross banks where a kiss occurs. I happens way more than I like, and sometimes I'll sell out a ball, or two.
Are there reliable ways to avoid the kiss? :)

The 1st way is learn to recognize them. Once you're able to do that, then as Beatle says you can learn to avoid the kiss. :)
Rod.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
The 1st way is learn to recognize them. Once you're able to do that, then as Beatle says you can learn to avoid the kiss. :)
Rod.

Really, Freddie's book "Banking With the Beard" has the most complete knowledge of these situations and how to avoid them. I recommend it highly to any and all who would profess to play one pocket. A clue would be to say that if the cb and the ob line up to the opposite pocket, you have a problem. The book goes into this in much finer calibration but this might help.

piggybank04

Verified Member
there are times when you WANT the balls to kiss-sometimes to make a shot otherwise impossible, and sometimes to play position......but its a whole different discussion......

stedyfred

Verified Member
Grady's Finishing Touch tape should have been referenced in this thread; take a look and hopefully avoid the kiss.